PDA

View Full Version : DC5R Passenger Window: Actuator/Rails What's the Problem?

Peachy
23-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey guys and girls :wave:, hope life's treating you well,

I've recently acquired a DC5R which truly is a great car ;), especially coming from a Carby 1.3 EG Breeze. Anyway, I bought the car with the passenger side window not working. I used the search function and read through a few threads, however, I still was unable to come up with an answer for my particular scenario.

Here is the situation: My passenger side electric window doesn't work :(. When it is closed and I press the button to make it go down, the mirror will drop about 1 inch in the corner, it then fails to drop all the way. I can hear the motor running in the door, but nothing happens. When I press the button to go back up, it will close the window properly.
What could this be? The motor appears to be working as I can hear it, and when I close the window, it will close it all the way. However, it just won't go all the way down.
It is probably worth noting that whilst driving with the window all the way up, I fail to hear any rattles coming from the window/door. In addition, when I try and push the window down with my hands with the window closed it won't move (which is good.) I just thought it may be worth noting.

I apologize if this has been covered and I've failed to find the thread, I'm still new to forum functionality so please don't flame me, my flamesuits at the dry cleaners :o.

Cheers
Peachy

lemmiwinks
23-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Have a look at this DIY. Might help :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?77047-DIY-Remove-DC5-Door-trim-amp-Replace-Power-Window-regulator

Peachy
23-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Have a look at this DIY. Might help :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?77047-DIY-Remove-DC5-Door-trim-amp-Replace-Power-Window-regulator

I found that thread in my search but unfortunately it will only help if I need to get at the door trim, the thread had nothing on how to change the regulator.
I'm not even sure if it's the regulator that's the problem, but thankyou for the reply :)

munkaii
23-08-2011, 08:59 PM
The regulator is very simple to change once the trim comes off. There's about 3-4 bolts holding the regulator to the door, and 2 bolts which hold the regulator to the door glass.

Peachy
24-08-2011, 03:22 PM
The regulator is very simple to change once the trim comes off. There's about 3-4 bolts holding the regulator to the door, and 2 bolts which hold the regulator to the door glass.

Thanks mate much appreciate. I'm having a mate check out the car to see if its the actuator so I'll let ya know :)