PDA

View Full Version : Tanabe springs

lee3671987
25-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Has anyone bought these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tanabe-GF210-Lowering-Springs-07-08-Honda-Fit-Jazz-GD-/190550356459?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5dafb1eb

Are they any good? (handling wise)
I notice this is for usdm honda Fit...can someone confirm if it will fit honda jazz gd?

Cheers

GU357
25-08-2011, 09:35 PM
if its designed for a 07-08 so i would say yes seeing the 07-08 USDM is a GD.

but its only springs so u would lose some damper travel, better off with a set of coilovers.
hose a pretty cheap though, good luck with your buy.

and are u north or south of the river?

GU357
25-08-2011, 09:38 PM
holy just saw the shipping 400$ by the time u get them, try pedders they have low rider springs, and they install em for u, give em a ring man.

Philip Lee
25-08-2011, 09:54 PM
GF range is usually super low. NF is more exxy but streetable.

lee3671987
26-08-2011, 10:38 AM
if its designed for a 07-08 so i would say yes seeing the 07-08 USDM is a GD.

but its only springs so u would lose some damper travel, better off with a set of coilovers.
hose a pretty cheap though, good luck with your buy.

and are u north or south of the river?

yee, not sure about pedders lol......but i'll give em a ring anyway.
not looking for low, wanted something cheap and handle well, i heard alot of good things about these springs off fitfreak forums.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/12758-tanabe-gf210s-photos-questions-answers.html
I could spend around 1k on coilovers and be poor, but iam just using this for daily...i allready have another car to play around with.

Iam NOR, near whitford...what about you man?

lee3671987
26-08-2011, 10:41 AM
GF range is usually super low. NF is more exxy but streetable.

DF= Dress feel, is the low one
GF= Grip feel, not that low but stiff
NF= Normal feeling, Shit

GU357
26-08-2011, 01:31 PM
yee, not sure about pedders lol......but i'll give em a ring anyway.
not looking for low, wanted something cheap and handle well, i heard alot of good things about these springs off fitfreak forums.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-suspension-brake-modifications/12758-tanabe-gf210s-photos-questions-answers.html
I could spend around 1k on coilovers and be poor, but iam just using this for daily...i allready have another car to play around with.

Iam NOR, near whitford...what about you man?

yeh true, i have a set of coils i bought for abt 600$ second hand, dont even use them too lazy to put em on.

and im north, but slightly south of you (Girrawheen)

ahaha always good to see more perth members.
whats your other car??

lee3671987
26-08-2011, 03:43 PM
yeh true, i have a set of coils i bought for abt 600$ second hand, dont even use them too lazy to put em on.

and im north, but slightly south of you (Girrawheen)

ahaha always good to see more perth members.
whats your other car??

what are they? keen to sell?

ic yea i know where that is... i go there when i need some grocery :p
got a toyota mark2 as my money pit

GU357
27-08-2011, 01:07 AM
yeh popular spot cause of the vietnamese population ahaha

they are BC racing, so the ones u were looking at are probably better springs, i wanna keep em so i can stiffen the ride without droppping the car.

hmmm mark 2? the saloon car?

ss-rotel
28-08-2011, 09:16 PM
i ran a set of king spring lows on mine before i got the Coilovers. the were about the same drop, and they weren't that expensive. drop was the same, and they were pretty stiff.

infact, the rear springs on my cuscos are progressive, so seem alot softer that the kings that aren't.

the only downside is these will reduce the life of the stock struts pretty quickly, due to their short throw, and aftermarket front struts are hard to get locally, so you'll have to get OEM, which wont last long, AND are expensive, (+\-$350 ea from honda, + fitting.)

there are a few things you can do here, if you want

GD and GE suspension are supposed to be the same, aside from the rates. i found listings for front monroe shocks for the GE, but only for the rear's for the GD.
i didn't wanna take the punt, but you could use these.

TEIN make after market struts, but TEIN australia WONT import them. if you have a contact in Indonesia, then you'll be able to get some.

you can get them rebuild. i have had a set of stock struts rebuilt to KONI spec before, and it works. it's cheap, and you'll be able to get them rated/dyno'd to the spring rates. downside is the outer of the strut isn't as good as say a real koni, it's not as smooth, and cos it's been cut open, there is the posibility of leaks, but once it's been done, it's not tooo expensive get rebuilt a second time.

cost me $1000ex fitted to get a set of custom coilovers made, back wont a set of koni coilover's were 4-5K anyway...

GU357
29-08-2011, 01:21 PM
i seen a dude on aus jazz selling some second hand low springs n short throw dampers, looked pretty good. but hard to say, rotel you should check it out and tell us what you reckon.

ss-rotel
30-08-2011, 12:11 PM
i thnk that sites down... unless i'm going crazy and i've forgoten the link... sending me to a park page.