PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Prices Legit and parallel Importers

blabla
26-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi,

In the past i have purchased tyres based on the price as most of us do but I have to say its one of the biggest problems we face. Should I buy the cheapest or should i pay a little extra to gurantee a legit tyre not a parallel imported one.

I also forgot to add that there is no warranty from the tyre manufacture in aus in they are parallel imported. so for eg if the side wall blows out NO WARRANTY!! meaning the tyre place doesnt have to replace them.

I am currently looking at purchasing some Falken 452's for my car in 205/40 r17 i have just called about 5 places.

Just to list a few (Price for falken 452):
Blairs - 190 Best price then offered of 185
Jax quick fit Liverpool $175
& cheapest of them all
Tyre Kingdome $145

What would you do??

mugen_ctr
26-08-2011, 05:01 PM
IF its all of the same tire, than obvious u pay the cheapest pricing LOL

If just go for the last and cheapest option, if its daily car, the last thing u want is to spend heaps on it

blabla
26-08-2011, 05:12 PM
IF its all of the same tire, than obvious u pay the cheapest pricing LOL

If just go for the last and cheapest option, if its daily car, the last thing u want is to spend heaps on it

I actually care about warranty. Not the same tyre if they are parallel imported. They are actually manufactured for that specific country. Compound bla bla bla

Prime example is the proxy 4's that i currently have 2 are made in Japan for Aus the other 2 are made in the USA not for Aus. Can you guess which is parallel imported??

dougie_504
26-08-2011, 07:35 PM
You asked what he'd do, and he answered you.

I'd do the same thing, buy from the cheapest seller. I doubt a sidewall is going to just blow out on you, provided you're driving appropriately and have the tyres pumped up to the proper PSI.

mugen_ctr
26-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I actually care about warranty. Not the same tyre if they are parallel imported. They are actually manufactured for that specific country. Compound bla bla bla

Prime example is the proxy 4's that i currently have 2 are made in Japan for Aus the other 2 are made in the USA not for Aus. Can you guess which is parallel imported??

Well u just answered ur own question, so pay the lil extra an get the warranty ;)

When i purchased my tires new, i never once thought of warranty, an i brought it from a rep place, which done warranty on tires, and never once did i have a problem with the tire, which makes me think, why pay for more, if i know nothing will go wrong with the tire from the factory, and if thousands of others use the same tire, yet have no problems, why am i paying more for something i dont need???

But again, ur money ur choice man

blabla
26-08-2011, 09:49 PM
I get that he has answered the question but like tyres ate a pretty serious thing. Like I gave the example of what has happened to me

dougie_504
27-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Then as mugen_ctr said previously you've already answered your own question. Pay more money and get the warranty/proof that the tyres are legit.

Me personally I just buy from places that I believe are honest, and I get the cheapest price possibly.

B005HA
28-08-2011, 10:36 AM
dude if you buy a tyre from a retail outlet and it F^%*&'s up then they have to replace it, parallel or not. unless they stipulate to you prior to purchase that these tyres are not covered by warranty then they HAVE to replace them