PDA

View Full Version : Sound deadening Ek civic

TbM
27-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Hello all i was planning on using some dynamat to deaden the outer skin of the doors, cover the service holes with mdf and then cover the inner skin with dynamat too and whatever is left over ill cover the roof, boot ect i havent had much experience with Mass Loaded Vinyl or Closed Cell Foam and was wonding if i should be using any of that in the doors and or cabin to improve the SQ? from what ive read it mostly helps keep road noise down which i guess would help but it would be good to hear from someone who has used it before. Any input would be appreciated :)

This is the current setup but its mostly old stuff that will be upgraded eventually.
Focal 165 KR
Eclipse PA 5422
Eclipse Cd 8051
Alpine Sub

trism
29-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Use dynapad (http://www.dynamat.com/technical_specs_dynapad.html) on the floor to help reduce road noise. Do it all the way from the firewall to the back of the boot.

Do what you plan for the doors to create a nice solid enclosure in the door, this will help with the low end response of the front stage. If you want to, put something similar to the Dynaxorb behind the front speakers.

The roof wont matter so much, but if youve got left over dynamat, just put a layer on it, itll help reduce resonance from the sub.

TbM
30-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Thanks trism looks like ive got more stuff to buy now lol, would it be good to use a layer of dynapad between the dynamated door and the door trim or is that unnecessary?
You said put something similar to dynaxorb behind the speakers is there another product that you would recommend or is dynaxorb fine to use?
Also do you happen to know if its common for car audio stores stock those products or am i better trying to get them off ebay or something?
Sorry for all the questions i havent used deadening much so im still learning :) Thanks again.

trism
01-09-2011, 07:05 PM
dynaxorb, or eggshell foam is sweet.

get em off ebay, youll save a few hundred bucks.

TbM
01-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks mate ive had a bit of a read about that dynapad and it sounds like good stuff :) Ill have to check out the eggshell foam ive never heard of it lol, Ek should sound good when its done :) Thanks again for your advice :thumbsup:

Slow.ek1
21-09-2011, 11:47 PM
dynamat is the way to go doesnt just block out road noises will make the speakers sound clearer and more responsive

TbM
22-09-2011, 12:17 AM
dynamat is the way to go doesnt just block out road noises will make the speakers sound clearer and more responsive
I was asking about MLV and CCL not dynamat. No need to revive a thread thats been answered when your not adding any new relevant info. FYI Dynamat is used to reduce resonance and vibration were as the dynapad that trism has recommended is made to reduce road noise.