PDA

View Full Version : Amp installation DC2R

infurNOS
27-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Im looking at putting a 4 channel amp under either the passenger Recaro, or drivers side. Probably leaning towards more the passenger side as it doesn't have the metal bit sticking out that the seat belt sensor connects too, therefore giving me .5" more clearance.

Anyone got any pictures of a similar install? And how well does it fit once someone is in the seat sliding back and forth etc. Anyone also had any overheating issues? Amp type recommendations (do they make slimline ones?.) I will just be running splits and a nothing too spectacular sub off it.

Thanks

infurNOS
02-09-2011, 12:09 AM
thanks for the advice...:thumbdwn:

slimx
06-09-2011, 05:17 PM
stick to the boot, putting shit under the seat makes it look shit. unless you rip apart the carpet and spend a few hours running wires lol

infurNOS
06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
stick to the boot, putting shit under the seat makes it look shit. unless you rip apart the carpet and spend a few hours running wires lol

no way! wires under the seat are better than seeing wires and shit as soon as u pop the boot. and plus the amp moves a lot more in the boot. i also need the boot space for golf clubs lmao

DCZ 18C
06-09-2011, 05:42 PM
i am running an amp under my drivers seat.... unplugged the seatbelt sensor ... head do-er anyway.. :)

never overheated on me and the seat slides freely with no problems.

only problem is someone stepped on my inputs.. now its a bit loose :( can take a picture of that if you would like.??
looks way cleaner then an amp in the boot, cant even see the thing ..

infurNOS
06-09-2011, 06:58 PM
i am running an amp under my drivers seat.... unplugged the seatbelt sensor ... head do-er anyway.. :)

never overheated on me and the seat slides freely with no problems.

only problem is someone stepped on my inputs.. now its a bit loose :( can take a picture of that if you would like.??
looks way cleaner then an amp in the boot, cant even see the thing ..

yea man pics would be sweet .did you cut the metal bracket thing off from under the seat that the seat belt sensor clips onto to allow more clereance for your amp?

DCZ 18C
06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
nahh its still there jus had to unplug the seatbelt sensor.. or it wouldnt fit under..
the clearence is only a cm or so..but fits perfectly
with the wires i fed them under the carpet so it nice and neat also..
ill get he pictures so you can see for yourself, much easier then me trying to explain
ill upload ttomorrow so have better light for the photos

1996_EK_Civic
06-09-2011, 07:23 PM
JL makes small amps which belt out enough power for decent speakers

infurNOS
06-09-2011, 08:17 PM
nahh its still there jus had to unplug the seatbelt sensor.. or it wouldnt fit under..
ill get he pictures so you can see for yourself, much easier then me trying to explain

Cool thanks, what amp you running?

infurNOS
06-09-2011, 08:24 PM
JL makes small amps which belt out enough power for decent speakers

Thanks ,iill check them out!

infurNOS
09-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Also where abouts did you run your ground wire? pics of that would be sweet aswell

DCZ 18C
10-09-2011, 10:52 AM
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k582/dcz18c/IMG_1258.jpg

heres a quick pic of how i have it sitting, i slid the seat all the was forward to get the light to take a good enough photo..

its just a 2 channel pioneer amp, but im pretty sure ve seen 4 channel amps that are this size or smaller now days.

infurNOS
10-09-2011, 11:56 AM
heres a quick pic of how i have it sitting, i slid the seat all the was forward to get the light to take a good enough photo..

its just a 2 channel pioneer amp, but im pretty sure ve seen 4 channel amps that are this size or smaller now days.

Nice pic, where did you run the ground wire to? Just one of the bolts the seat screws into?

DCZ 18C
10-09-2011, 12:43 PM
nahh i ran it further forward behind the front plastics, just looked cleaner

infurNOS
10-09-2011, 12:49 PM
nahh i ran it further forward behind the front plastics, just looked cleaner

Was there an exisiting bolt/screw there? Did u have to sand the metal back?

meangreen
21-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Sand it a little bit, seat bolts work fine. I'd prefer under the seat for theft reasons + the vibrations from the sub can ruin amps after a while. If you don't want mates etc kicking it just make up a guard to sit in front

DCZ 18C
21-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Was there an exisiting bolt/screw there? Did u have to sand the metal back?

hey mate sorry for the lag, and honestly i cant really remember sanding back or not... its been in the car now for about 3 years so its been a while.. but i suppose a little sand back wont hurt..

Slow.ek1
21-09-2011, 11:19 PM
listen make ur ground wire shortest as possible the shorter the better less interference and less power loss

Slow.ek1
21-09-2011, 11:27 PM
look to do ur amp 1st

*run power cable mount fuse in engine bay
*run remote off back of the h/u along with plugging in ur rca's
*run new speaker wire/sub cable to amp
*sand back a earth no longer that half a meter
*put positive on the battery
and you should be fine

if u have light dimming problems u need to make a second earth from body to battery
if that doesnt work your battery isnt powerful enough maybe upgrade to a drycell optima