PDA

View Full Version : HP Design Onyx wheels

Hipsi
12-02-2005, 06:23 PM
does anyone know where you can get these apart from Tempe Tyres? They only have +40 offset in stock but I know that Pum[z] has +45 on his Euro and that's exactly what I'm chasing.

Pum[Z]
12-02-2005, 06:40 PM
The only place u can get HP designs are from Tempe Tyres...

I got mine through Ebay and was brand new.. The guy who sold to me couldn't put it on his S2000 so he sold it on ebay.. It still had the stickers on the tyres...

He wrote offset +45 on ebay and it does fit on my euro no prbs at all.. I think he bought it from Tempe Tyres because i had to ask Tempe Tyres for CVL rings for the mags so that my steering wheel didn't vibrate...

It is the HP Design 19 x 8.0 Chrome ur looking for right?? Mine is the Chrome one not the Shadow Chrome...

The place where i usually mod my car said the euro can still fit on +42 offset.. He says as long as it is over +40 offset it should fit...

Hipsi
12-02-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm after exactly same as u except shadow chrome as my Euro is white. So you're just going by his word that they're +45? Frustrating, Tempe told me they were +40, and the HP Racing Website says they're +38! Are the wheels marked up with the offset, like on the inside of the wheel?

Pum[Z]
12-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah basically i'm following his word. He said its +45 so i believed him and it fits on my euro no prb at all...

I do a fully lock turn and the 19 inch alloys don't hit or scrape against the guards and my fronts alloys are pretty low to the guards, I have slammed the fronts more then the back on my euro...

I haven't have any prb's with the offset with the HP designs on my euro. I know Tempe Tyres have done HP designs to quite a bit of euro's. Why don't u ask them if any of their euro customers have come back complaining about the HP designs being a lower offset then recommended??

Hipsi
13-02-2005, 12:13 AM
they just said to me, "we've done a few......they fit mate". needless to say, I'm just a touch sceptical since they told me they're +40 offset. I just don't know....I mean, going by the HP designs website, you would assume that the wheel was only available in a low offset, but are they now truely available in +45 offset or is it just someone's word.

I just don't wanna buy the +40's and get stuck with a set of wheels that stick out excessively and scrub, u know?

Reagan
13-02-2005, 12:44 AM
what is the stock offset? and what is the lowest you can go on a euro =)

Hipsi
13-02-2005, 12:51 AM
stock offset is +55. I'm reading varying reports on what is the lowest, some say +40, some say +42, just dunno what to believe. There appear to be a few euros on the Acura-tsx forums running 19x8 with +40. There's one dude running 19x8.5's +40 even and no scrubbing apparently. He does have a camber kit in the rear tho.

yfin
13-02-2005, 09:47 AM
stock offset is +55. I'm reading varying reports on what is the lowest, some say +40, some say +42, just dunno what to believe. There appear to be a few euros on the Acura-tsx forums running 19x8 with +40. There's one dude running 19x8.5's +40 even and no scrubbing apparently. He does have a camber kit in the rear tho.

Lots of rims will fit the car and scrubbing is not really a concern with such big wheel arches.

Changing offset greatly can impact the load on wheel bearings, suspension components, steering response, etc. So the person above with +40 is only asking for trouble. With so many rims on the market - why risk it? The tyre shops in Melbourne I spoke to when I was shopping around said to never change the offset by more than 12 - so +43 was as low as I should go.

Hipsi - don't buy +40 mate - sure they will fit but it is not worth the potential hassle when something fails. Speak to other tyre shops before you buy these.

Also - take a look at offset calcaultors http://www.mindspring.com/~toy4two/offset.html

In 8 inch those rims with a 40 offset will extend out 34mm from the stock and will be closer to the strut housing by 4mm.

razaman
13-02-2005, 10:55 AM
I agree 100% with what yfin is saying.

Raz

Hipsi
13-02-2005, 11:12 PM
okay. I'm spewin tho, I love those wheels, but hey when you're dealing with such a nice car, exactly...why risk it. I'm now looking at the BSA copy with +48 offset however it only comes in an 18".

Hipsi
14-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Just clarified with Tempe, must've gotten someone else, cause they've kindly informed me that they've got the Onyx in +38 and +45. NOT +40. Finally some non conflicting info with what Pum[Z] has said about his wheels. I'm a much happier boy now.

Pum[Z]
14-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Just clarified with Tempe, must've gotten someone else, cause they've kindly informed me that they've got the Onyx in +38 and +45. NOT +40. Finally some non conflicting info with what Pum[Z] has said about his wheels. I'm a much happier boy now.

Well glad to hear that :D

Hipsi
14-02-2005, 05:09 PM
aaargh!!! just found out they don't have 19's to fit a euro in stock! Now gotta wait till early March. bugger it!

yfin
14-02-2005, 07:36 PM
aaargh!!! just found out they don't have 19's to fit a euro in stock! Now gotta wait till early March. bugger it!

Do you have to have 19s? - it is only a 4 cylinder car and those cheap cast rims you are looking at are going to be mega heavy. You are going to sap the power out of your Euro - depends on what you are looking for I guess.

Hipsi
15-02-2005, 08:10 AM
LOL, actually considering the 20's now. It's gonna mainly be my wife's car so balls-out performance isn't really the main focus.

Pum[Z]
15-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Do you have to have 19s? - it is only a 4 cylinder car and those cheap cast rims you are looking at are going to be mega heavy. You are going to sap the power out of your Euro - depends on what you are looking for I guess.

On the road its all about style :D Ppl with big alloys know that its gonna weigh a ton.. Thats the cons of having big mags... Big ass alloys suit the Euro real well... It will be a pimp ride/ cruiser...

At least with big mags ur gonna get less wheel spin :D

EuroAccord13
15-02-2005, 02:54 PM
']On the road its all about style :D Ppl with big alloys know that its gonna weigh a ton.. Thats the cons of having big mags... Big ass alloys suit the Euro real well... It will be a pimp ride/ cruiser...

At least with big mags ur gonna get less wheel spin :D

Talking about yourself eh?:D :p :D :p :D

Pum[Z]
15-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Talking about yourself eh?:D :p :D :p :D

Of course who else would i be talking about Nick... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW like ur avatar looks hell cute..

Hipsi
15-02-2005, 03:55 PM
and Pum[Z], your avatar looks hell phat, in fact the whole car does :D

EuroAccord13
15-02-2005, 05:43 PM
']Of course who else would i be talking about Nick... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW like ur avatar looks hell cute..

:cool: PUMZi The Pimp Mobile..... WOOOOT!:cool:

Yeah, I can't stand you having bigger rims than mine LOL, thus my avatar hahahahahahahahahah.....:wave:

PERTH_EURO
15-02-2005, 08:25 PM
and Pum[Z], your avatar looks hell phat, in fact the whole car does :D

meh its ok :p :D

just jokes

Pum[Z]
15-02-2005, 11:21 PM
meh its ok :p :D

just jokes

Timbo ur just jealous :D :D :D :D

Joking there bro....:wave:

PERTH_EURO
16-02-2005, 02:44 PM
its all good man :) :) :)

BTW man im well Jelous

see u at the drags ??

Pum[Z]
16-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah hopefully i won't be working on that day...

I'll line up and have a drag with ya at Kwinana...

Depends on if i will be using the factory rims or go all out and be fair and use the HP designs :D ....

Hope u aint gonna spool a supercharger on ur euro or put NOS in ur euro Timbo then ur gonna leave me for dead on the drags...

PERTH_EURO
16-02-2005, 07:42 PM
']Hope u aint gonna spool a supercharger on ur euro or put NOS in ur euro Timbo then ur gonna leave me for dead on the drags...

hahahahah I wish... but sadly NO :D

EG_2_TEG
16-02-2005, 10:30 PM
nah, timbo's got a Greddy turbo kit happening i heard :p