PDA

View Full Version : Exedy Heavy Duty clutch put in.

ALPS
29-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Hey Guys,

I got my Exedy heavy Duty clutch put in. Grip is awsome. clutch is soft as. really happy with performance wise. only concerns are. when i'm gearing down from a high rev especially in thrid obviously coming from the gearbox/clutch area start hearing a really loud growl or vibrating buzzing sound. hard to describe. and also at about 90 kmh's in 5th-6th gear a whining sound begins and cant tell whether its my clutch or diff or wheels it's definately external. When i take it out of gear and roll it in neutral at this speed it pretty much doubles up in the loudness or the whine. Any suggestions, anyone else experience these problems? I couldnt get the growling sound to happen at the sametime as the whine. so i dont know if the growl then becomes a whining sound in a higher up gear. just doesnt sound like its coming from the same spot.

euromandeluxe
29-08-2011, 05:31 PM
can't give you much info except that your deceleration growl sounds like the common clutch buzz, should be able to get some more info on search

garett
30-08-2011, 04:11 PM
isnt this clutch the same as the OEM honda clutch?

ALPS
30-08-2011, 04:41 PM
isnt this clutch the same as the OEM honda clutch?

as far as i'm aware this one isn't, there is two versions. Exedy OEM Honda one and then there is the Sports Tuff Heavy Duty (Pink pressure plate) one which is tougher than the OEM.