PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Integra type s intake

jbettridge4
30-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, Im new to ozhonda, so go easy on me. I know im a noob :)

I own a 2005 model integra type s. my current setup is an RRC intake manifold, accord euro cl7-9 big bore throttle body-64mm, toda exhaust and extractors and a haltech platinum pro ecu.
APC racing installed all these parts and tuned my car.

For my intake they made a custom SRI, they positioned the filter pretty much beside the extractors. Which i thought was stupid because i asked for a CAI. For daily driving it's too loud and because i live in queensland i'm thinking heat soak will be an issue, especially in summer.
My plan is to replace it with a mugen intake. Here lies my problem. The air flow tube-the original k20z1- won't fit on the bigger accord throttle body (its old and tarnished anyway) which doesn't give me many options. I'd prefer OEM quality.... Will an air flow tube from an accord cl7 work on a DC5 k20z1? My concern is the sensor positions and diameter etc.
As for the mugen intake system will the accord air flow tube fit to a dc5 mugen intake? i Don't know if the air flow pipe tapers down or if its a consistant 64-65mm (im assuming its an extra mm for fitment to the throttle body) which could mean its 3mm to big on the connection to the intake box- this is of course assuming that the sensors line up. i don't want to find out after i buy a 1k mugen intake....
I have searched many forum's and i haven't found any relating to my current issue. Is there anyone else that have upgraded from there stock throttle bodies like i have done? What sort of intake do you use? From the time i've spent searching these forums i understand most of you go for the injen. However i'm after a stockish look and quieter sound than the current setup or injen... That is why the mugen intake really appeals to me. It looks awesome, quieter, fills the engine bay and still has good throttle response and performance.
Any help would be great,
thanks guys....

TheSaint
30-08-2011, 03:16 PM
you could try the Fujita CAI Black Edition
i find that the wrinkle black ones are a tad quieter and they look nice and OEM in the bay as well
they are routed to the front of the car so that there is no heatsoak
and the joiner is silicon - so you can adapt to different size throttlebodies
just a thought

http://www.frsport.com/Fujita-CA-1005-02-06-Acura-RSX-Type-S-Cold-Air-Intake_p_9133.html

http://i2.frsimg.com/images/detailed_images/Fujita_CA-1005_2.jpg

jbettridge4
30-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks mate, ill do some research on it. Still after a stockish looking intake though.