PDA

View Full Version : getting an ef9

gnx1987
31-08-2011, 05:44 PM
First off don't tell me to do a search, the ozhonda search engine is shithouse. If there is already a thread post the link. Secondly I've already posted in the wanted to buy, but how many people look at that?

What are the rules on importing one of these. I've been looking for months for one of these and can't find any (gotta be black and no roll cage don't care about anything else). I spoke to the dude at import monster and reckons you can't get them because equivalents aren't available. I think it's bullshit you can't get one of these because they're significantly different to the poverty packs that were sold here. B16A, electric everything, and four wheel discs (some with abs).

I'm always checking here and carsales, can anyone post any other sites to try? Anyone here not thought about selling theirs and want to pm me.

Cheers

trism
31-08-2011, 06:09 PM
You can't import one unless you have owned it overseas for at least a year, and are bringing it back with you.

This is because that shape civic was sold locally. Doesn't matter that we only got the pov pack, we still got it. That's the rules, deal with it.

End of story, no there isn't any other way, close thread.

gnx1987
31-08-2011, 06:14 PM
why close the thread? how bout let people post links to other places where i might be able to buy one here?

trism
31-08-2011, 06:25 PM
The only time you'll be able to buy one is when it gets advirstised on carsales.com.au, and ozhonda.com.

When they come up they sell for about 10k.

And normally go pretty quick.

If you search the cars for sale section, you'll find the ads. Search for ef9*

I reckon there only be 15-20 in the country, and most of these wont be sold soon.

If you really want one, you'll have to move overseas for at least a year. Go to new Zealand, there's heaps there. And it'll be cheap to bring back.

Alternatively, just buy an ed6 and do a b16 conversion.

v__
31-08-2011, 09:04 PM
what he said. ^^

ive been waiting arround for 1 to pop up aswell.

i have heaps of ef parts just waiting to be put on ef9.

dougie_504
31-08-2011, 11:45 PM
trism is exactly right.

Import laws were changed maybe 5-8 years ago to prevent people from importing cars which would jeopardise the local market, therefore any car of which you can purchase a variant locally is not legally importable for road use. So in the case of the CRX for example, you cannot import an EF7 or an EF8 because we had the ED9 released here locally. Same deal with your EF.

Of course it's bullsh!t. We always get the crap variants. We didn't get EF8's or EF9's, we didn't get EG6's, we didn't get the nice JDM DC2R's, etc etc.

The only other way to import them is for the purpose of complete dismantling for parts, in which case they cannot be registered for road use. You can use them for track use if you like.
Or like trism said you can buy them and import them after one year of ownership, but by the time you buy it, ship it, pay taxes and customs fees etc you'll not be saving any money compared to what you'd pay if you managed to find a local one (and you have to wait a year anyway).

I see maybe 2 EF9's for sale each year, awesome car but then all of the EF's are awesome mate. Other than OzHonda and CarSales I've never seen one for sale elsewhere. Maybe consider Ebay and Gumtree.