PDA

View Full Version : QLD car impounding fees

u mad?
01-09-2011, 01:56 PM
ok, so just say my cars impounded (its not btw) and i have like $2k in fines that i haven't yet paid off, will i have to pay the fines as well as the impoundment fees before i get my car back or just the impoundment fees?

dc2screama
01-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure you gotta pay your fines as well as the impoundment fee to get the car out mate

DakDak
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Your licence may be suspended if you dont pay those fines off. Are they traffic related?
As for the impoundment of your car, to get it out you need a court order and pay the impound fee. Which is about 11 bucks a day if your in Sydney + towing.

90LAN
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
plus they charge you for storage fees too
better check that out too

u mad?
02-09-2011, 07:39 PM
ok thanks guys

hisoka
04-09-2011, 01:55 AM
you say you havent yet payed off ? if its in sper then you just pay the impounded fee on the release date then thats it , back on the road.

even if it isnt on sper i cant imagine your car will be impounded for more then 28 days, so either way you just pay your storage fee and thats it.

you just pay off the fines as you would on sper or at queensland transport, impounding of car is not related to your 2k bill.

if you dont pay your fines your license is suspended,

if your car was defected and you dont come there to present it and the car is still rego it will be void, and you get 500 dollar fine for the owner and one for whoever was driving it.

you dont drive a black dc2r by any chance do you ?

u mad?
04-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the info man^

and nah, its white (why do you ask? lol)

hisoka
04-09-2011, 02:08 AM
seen a black dc2 k20 going around lol

u mad?
04-09-2011, 02:11 AM
what, you live
up north?|

hisoka
04-09-2011, 02:17 AM
nah south.

also if your car is under someone elses name, when you rock up to court you can get that person to say they didnt know you were using the car and they didnt give you permission. they will take back the impoundment order. or if the car was already towed, they will release it and owner gets the bill, which you would have to pay for them anyway lol

if the car is in your name, you say how it will cause you a shit time not having the car, like your gonna lose your job and shit, or something that will make you lose coin and make it hard to live.

then they will usually skip the impounding bit and you just cop the fine and like few hours community service