PDA

View Full Version : COLOURED RIMS! And who to get to reco DC2R stock enkies...?

juzza
01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
My DC2R stockies have seen their fair share of the gutter unfortunately, so I want to get them reco'd.

1) Does anyone know where I can get them done for less than $500 for all four?

2) I'm thinking of getting them re-sprayed RED!!! Can I get your thoughts on whether or not you'd buy a black DC2R with red stock enkies....?

Ta.

RSKEbaby
01-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Respraying rims will lower the price of selling btwww

notorious_ahmie
02-09-2011, 04:12 PM
take it to your local spray shop. Or you can do it DIY for under 50 bucks

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?126847-DIY-Fix-Rims-Paint-Em.&highlight=diy+rim

Indie
02-09-2011, 11:11 PM
I would not buy a car with red rims. I'd want a stock colour.

MWAKU
03-09-2011, 02:00 AM
i really don't think the color of ur mags will be a strong deciding factor when buying a type R. you don't buy type R for aesthetics, more for performance. But saying that, you look like a retard with red type R wheels, and potential buyers will analyse this and think wtf? i dont wanna drive around with red rims

so shortly, dont spray em red, unless u just want to be an attention whore

try mag man at punchbowl, if anything u can repair the worst 3 wheels for around 500 or just a little under.

juzza
03-09-2011, 09:36 AM
But I am attention whore! lol...thanks guys. I was thinking if porsche can do it with their RS models, why can't I!? I guess uz are all right tho...it was just a thought. Ta

MWAKU
03-09-2011, 05:58 PM
lol no ones stopping ya, just do what you want, and respray it black when u need to sell the car or something

notorious_ahmie
03-09-2011, 11:48 PM
do it...i wanna do it for my set of track R rims

Zilli
05-09-2011, 08:33 AM
i remember about 18 months ago i called a place on the north shore and they wanted 220 a peice do restore back to OEM... this was for a set i bought that someone had rattlecanned black... but magman SHOULD be cheaper

x3cindymichael
13-09-2011, 12:09 AM
colored rims make your car stand out. i've gone through a few colored , had baby blue, oragne, red , bright green. DIY spray on them can be quick and easy, saving you money, looking good , and stays looking good if you do it right. when it comes time to sell if the buyer doesn't like them that color you can simply sandblast it (cost money) or paint strip/thin it off (take a while but gets the job done) . goodluck