PDA

View Full Version : DC5R Backrest Loose

Peachy
01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey guys and girls, hope we're all well :wave:,

Firstly, I've tried to do a search and tried to search for the Recaro seat manual on-line and didn't have much luck. I'm sure this has been covered but unfortunately my n00b status means I haven't the ability nor the 1337 skills to dig up what I'm after. So apologies if this is a topic that frequently gets covered :angel:.

Basically the problem exists with both my driver and passenger side recaro seats. Around corners, the backrest shift sideways noticeably and annoyingly. Upon inspection, I found that the backrest is the only part that moves, not the bottom part (where you rest your ass in lamens terms). I can move the backrest with my hands and they noticeably wobble side to side by about 5-10mm on the passenger and 10-15mm on the drivers.

The second problems exists with me :( , I am what you call, mechanically retarded :p . I tried to have a look at what bolts to tighten, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what to do. There's plastic covering sections which I don't know how to remove to access potential bolts.

So basically, how do I tighten the backrest, how do I get to the bolt to tighten it. Please provide lamen terms as I'm more than n00b when it comes to DIY.

Thanks again guys for your help, apologies for my n00bness, but I suppose, we all have to start somewhere.

Kindest Regards
Peachy :wave:

Peachy
05-09-2011, 02:36 AM
BUMP for love

WATAJK
06-09-2011, 04:19 PM
wow i have this problem but mine is very minimal... i thought this was just a normal thing?

Nuci
06-09-2011, 04:36 PM
yeah mine does it a bit too. not 10-15mm though, more like 2-3mm

Peachy
08-09-2011, 01:06 PM
so no one knows how to fix it?

Peachy
11-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey guys problem still exists, has anyone ever fixed this problem?

DA9B18C
11-09-2011, 10:15 PM
yeah mine does it a bit too. not 10-15mm though, more like 2-3mm

Mine does this too, very minimal notch!

Peachy
16-09-2011, 12:31 AM
For those with DIY capabilities these apparently fix the problem: http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=419&type=s&appgrpid=&appid=&rid=61

I called my local recaro dealer who said he'd have a look at the problem for me. I've never experienced such good product support, he offered to fix it free of charge and i'd only have to pay for parts. Pretty good considering the seats are from 2003 an were never bought off him