PDA

View Full Version : Where are parkers located on an ej8 o.o

mattsrea
01-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey guys i've just purchased aftermarket headlights, and i realised there was only 2 holes. I know one is for the h4 bulbs and the other is for indicators but what about the parkers? o.o
would i have to drill my own hole?

EG52NV
01-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Hey guys i've just purchased aftermarket headlights, and i realised there was only 2 holes. I know one is for the h4 bulbs and the other is for indicators but what about the parkers? o.o
would i have to drill my own hole?

Ha! You Probably bought stupid USDM after marker headlights which do not have a place for parkers they don't use them in the US. better check they are even aimed the right way eg RHD vs LHD(US)

mattsrea
01-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Ha! You Probably bought stupid USDM after marker headlights which do not have a place for parkers they don't use them in the US. better check they are even aimed the right way eg RHD vs LHD(US)

Oh issert? dam i thought they were all the same ><" you rekon theres any way of making your own holes for the parkers?

And yeah i'll check if their aimed the right way this weekend.

EG52NV
02-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Oh issert? dam i thought they were all the same ><" you rekon theres any way of making your own holes for the parkers?

And yeah i'll check if their aimed the right way this weekend.

I wouldn't recommend drilling onto the reflector may crack the damn thing

mattsrea
02-09-2011, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't recommend drilling onto the reflector may crack the damn thing
Oh yeah true, would it however be illegal if i used my indicator bulbs as parkers as well?

TheSaint
02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
depends on the style of headlights - alot of the US ones have a hole for them - its just plugged up or sealed over
u just have to tap in a hole to a part that does not have a part of the main reflector

almost all aftermarket headlights are the USDM setup - so the reflectors point into oncoming traffic - not the side of the street
they are designed for LHD cars

mattsrea
02-09-2011, 08:05 PM
depends on the style of headlights - alot of the US ones have a hole for them - its just plugged up or sealed over
u just have to tap in a hole to a part that does not have a part of the main reflector

almost all aftermarket headlights are the USDM setup - so the reflectors point into oncoming traffic - not the side of the street
they are designed for LHD cars

oh i see. That doesn't matter, i just installed my HID's and there like the same distance as my high beams LOL.

TheSaint
03-09-2011, 02:36 PM
sigh .. HID + wrong cut-offs = blinding oncoming traffic
i hate people that do that
seriously - go back to OEM headlights if you have HID
if you dont you risk getting ur head smacked in
and causing alot of accidents from blinding ppl
not to mention if the police are coming the other way they will immediatly turn around and give u a yellow sticker
also - HID melt aftermarket plastic headlights
and the law states that HID must be contained in glass headlights and have safety measures in place

sigh to people with LHD headlights and HID - morons

TheSaint
03-09-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.cooltuna.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/epic_facepalm.jpg

mattsrea
03-09-2011, 07:04 PM
sigh .. HID + wrong cut-offs = blinding oncoming traffic
i hate people that do that
seriously - go back to OEM headlights if you have HID
if you dont you risk getting ur head smacked in
and causing alot of accidents from blinding ppl
not to mention if the police are coming the other way they will immediatly turn around and give u a yellow sticker
also - HID melt aftermarket plastic headlights
and the law states that HID must be contained in glass headlights and have safety measures in place

sigh to people with LHD headlights and HID - morons

Oh well i dont have OEM headlights because when i bought my car, the moron bought Angel Eyes and wired it wrong and also he broke the bracket -_-Also im pretty sure my headlights are glass well most are arent they? But yeah i'll readjust my headlights tomorrow evening.

TheSaint
03-09-2011, 08:02 PM
almost all of those angel/ebay headlights are plastic
OEM is glass

glass headlights are generally pretty expensive

ricerockets
03-09-2011, 08:07 PM
euros dont have glass headlights but have hids

TheSaint
03-09-2011, 11:39 PM
they would also have the ADR approved gear that goes along with factory fitted HID

the plastic that aftermarket headlights are made from just arnt up to the task

mattsrea
04-09-2011, 10:49 PM
OEM is glass

hmm what do you think will be the lifetime on the headlights then? Because i just installed 6000k hids.

mugen_ctr
04-09-2011, 11:06 PM
OEM is glass

Ek/ej/em head lights are plastic, unlike eg/eh which are glass, but id imagine the oem plastic head lights have much much more higher tolerance than ebay head lights

euros dont have glass headlights but have hids

not all euros have hid, its optional

Most if not all cars made from mid 90's use plastic head lights as opposed to glass for simple reasons, weight cost and manufacturing, sure glass has better properties in terms of reflective lighting, but plastic is jus cheaper an works so why not

mugen_ctr
04-09-2011, 11:12 PM
hmm what do you think will be the lifetime on the headlights then? Because i just installed 6000k hids.

thats for u to find out man ;), if its anything like oem, than it should last for ages, but make sure u clean them

And 6000k is white, so spot on... but make sure u setup ur HID so it doesnt blind on coming traffic

U can always recalibrate the head lights for Australian roads, jus takes time doin it.... just because its from usa doesnt mean u cant make it work here....

as far as the parkers go, make sure u position it where it can reflect the whole head light reflectors, or else it will just be a little light glowin

EG52NV
05-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Who says HIDs melt plastic? I always thought HIDs ran cooler then halogen

TheSaint
05-09-2011, 10:44 AM
i have seen them turn a set of ebay headlights into grandmas oven bake in less than a month lol