PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy 95 Accord - vibrating and loud noise

crosswire
02-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone here can be of help!

I have a 95 Honda Accord which has had a loud noise / vibration that has been progressively getting worse over the past 2 months.

I had it at the tyre and suspension place today to replace the tyres and get a wheel alignment. They didn't find anything else wrong!

I still have the loud noise. It gets worse as you turn left and goes away if you turn right. It is a loud droning sound now and is REALLY annoying.
The noise gets louder the faster you go. It does not however change on higher RPM / lower RPM at the same speed.

If its not the suspension etc what the heck else could it be? Or were the mechanics incompetent?

Thanks in advance for your help.

gensport
02-09-2011, 08:46 AM
it sounds like its at road speed, then check drive shafts. theys usually click loudly when cornering, but i have had them do this before, and vibrate as they are spinning off centre... get it checked.

crosswire
05-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Had a peak underneath today and one of the cv boots has a tear in it. I'm guessing all the grease has found its way out and the cv joint is seizing up.

Sound likely?

mr_vti_s
12-09-2011, 06:32 PM
my CV boot haas been open for months now but no problem, can be some bearing along the CV joint.. change the whole CV joint might work

DC2-PWR
12-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Vibrations could be broken engine mounts, rear engine mount mainly. With a broken engine mount it may have broken the Resonator in your exhaust system - common problem. Car will go louder, and shit buzzing noises.

Good luck

gensport
13-09-2011, 07:09 AM
i would get it checked by a competant mechanic. maybe you have a pedders near by, or if your in sydney, take it to Heasman steering. a mate of mine works there, they're good. or your welcome to come out to riverstone and i'll check it for you.

HONTUNE
17-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Hey man, we get this al the time at my work with the cd5's. It's definately wheel bearing noise.. Left hand front when under load the bearing will be notchy.. Drive shafts only make ticking noise only and shudder.. Well the last 8 years I've worked at a Honda dealership and that's all we have had with the shafts.. Check the bearings. :)