PDA

View Full Version : NSW Custom Number Plates not from RTA

furythree
02-09-2011, 05:50 PM
I saw this ebay seller selling custom plates for like $60...which is a bargain

obviously it was catered for showcars. the seller explicity states theyre are not legally roadworthy

Since the RTA's restyling prices are a rort...would it be possible to use these custom plates, but have them say the same rego number as your existing ones (basically restyling you existing ones to a different colour) and not get defected?

I mean i noe the legit plates say "NSW" on them...but say you had that stamped in...how would the cops know whether its a real plate or not?

Does the rta have in their registry your registration number AND plate colour style?

WATAJK
05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I saw this ebay seller selling custom plates for like $60...which is a bargain

obviously it was catered for showcars. the seller explicity states theyre are not legally roadworthy

Since the RTA's restyling prices are a rort...would it be possible to use these custom plates, but have them say the same rego number as your existing ones (basically restyling you existing ones to a different colour) and not get defected?

I mean i noe the legit plates say "NSW" on them...but say you had that stamped in...how would the cops know whether its a real plate or not?

Does the rta have in their registry your registration number AND plate colour style?

If you get caught expect a HUGE fine.
Falsly using an illegal numberplate that was not supplied by the RTA.
Heard of people in VIC getting done for this..