PDA

View Full Version : Which car is better, the Euro or the Aurion?

I CU2
02-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Stumbled upon this:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/34175-which-one-is-better/

Some Aurion owners think that the Aurion owns the Euro on all levels and that Euro owners are rice boys looking to race everyone in their riced up piss weak 4 cylinders.

Thoughts or comments on which one is better and why?

natnat
02-09-2011, 09:54 PM
simple test, ask yourself:

1. this week if you need a car, would you buy a 2003 Accord Euro or 2003 top of the line Camry?
2. in 2018, do you think you'd buy a 2010 Accord Euro Luxury or 2010 Aurion? which one you think would be more desireable?

chunsa
02-09-2011, 09:54 PM
How do you go about comparing a 4 cylinder engine to a 6 cylinder engine?

Aurion should be compared to the V6 Accord in which case the Aurion wins hands down :)

Both cars are excellent in my opinion. My neighbour drives an Aurion Sportivo and I always look at my car and theirs. Mine being the standard doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the Sportivo model. Bias I think the Accord Euro looks a bit better than the Aurion but can't fault the interior of the Aurion. Driveability the Accord Euro feels like a better drive (only 1 drive in the Aurion so really can't make a good enough statement) but straight line performance my gosh the Aurion craps over the Euro :P No replacement for displacement!

marquee
02-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Mmmm I love rice. Aurion is nice though but they are incomparable I think different in every way

aaronng
02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Both are good. I drive a CL9 and when I travel, I drive an Aurion.

The only thing I don't like about it is the bright centre radio console display at night (bright blue). Otherwise, it is a bloody fast car in the straight for the size and price.

With regards to rice comment, I do see more ricey Euros that I see ricey Aurions. So I don't really blame them for saying so.

dc2r-0636
02-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Aurion hands down,

trd aurion over any euro, v6 or k24

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2007/08/24/va1237263538884/Aurion-TRD-5624227.jpg

Rudy
02-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Aurion hands down,

trd aurion over any euro, v6 or k24

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2007/08/24/va1237263538884/Aurion-TRD-5624227.jpg

the interior sux though...wood steering wheel and awful red leather seats, but yeh its pretty cool other than that.

Dilan
02-09-2011, 10:28 PM
That thread lost any credibility when someone mentioned that "Falcodores are RWD meaning they need more parts = heavier". But good to see there are people there with level headed opinions...as like all car forums (including this one) there are always the one eyed fans and the ones with buyers remorse.

I myself did look at an Aurion, before buying my CU2. Nice car overall, but to me (personal opinion) it was a bit bland + plus no manual wrote it off. The interior of the Euro is just a nice place to be and love the look of the exterior. I did drive one for work and it's comfortable to drive around in (much better then a Falcon wagon that was also there), but I love nothing better than hopping back into my Euro.

They can have a wank over their most powerful 6-pot NA, I love driving my rev happy 4-banger. My personal opinion; I bought the Euro because I love driving it and the whole experience of it, if I wanted a car to cart around in (read:an appliance - tongue in cheek ) my decision would have been different...

Everyone is different, everyone looks for different things in a car and as the saying goes, opinions are like arseholes.

euro1603
02-09-2011, 11:02 PM
at the end of day they are both way different cars, the aurion is a much bigger car with a much bigger engine... i did have a drag with my mate in his aurion and the euro got to 80km first before getting smashed by the more powerful engine. The aurion have much more gadgets and the overall build quality is good... I have been baby sitting a new Is250 for 2 weeks now, I really want to like this car, but seems I'm missing my euro already. I just find the toyota engines a little bit boring..

MingZai
02-09-2011, 11:04 PM
That thread lost any credibility when someone mentioned that "Falcodores are RWD meaning they need more parts = heavier". But good to see there are people there with level headed opinions...as like all car forums (including this one) there are always the one eyed fans and the ones with buyers remorse.

Looks like those Aurion owners are all one eyed fans judging from their comments lmao.

Love it how those people refuse to accept the fact.. that in the end an Aurion is still a CAMRY.

Haven't driven the Aurion before but can't say much but I can say that I love the drive of my CL9 but you will need to test drive to see which one is better for your OWN opinion and not others~

EG52NV
03-09-2011, 12:05 AM
I've love to own a corolla with aurion engine

I CU2
03-09-2011, 12:14 AM

What about a Lotus with an Aurion engine? Get the Evora.

What about a Lotus with a Corolla engine? Get an Elise.

azn_k3nt
03-09-2011, 01:39 AM
TRD aurion pisses on euro but a TRD aurior and a Euro R is a interesting battle.

Bring it down to a playing field standard aurion vs standard euro, euro wins...prior to getting the cu2 we tested drive and was going to put a deposit down for the aurion till my friend convince me to try the euro as well.

I've always put my mind to why did the car get released, take a look toyota camry vs honda accord like 5-10years ago, carmy got dethroned and they introduced the aurion to compete with the accord then the accord euro came out to compete the carmy.

I'm basing this one same class engines =P

marquee
03-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Let's see which engine wins k24 is in a league of its on within the tuner world

aaronng
03-09-2011, 07:53 AM

It's called the Toyota Blade.

Don't think we'll get it here though. http://www.themotorreport.com.au/1299/toyota-blade-master-g-golf-r32-challenger

aaronng
03-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Let's see which engine wins k24 is in a league of its on within the tuner world
Nothing really special about the K24 engine. The K20 engine is more interesting. Best would be a stroked K20, or a destroked K22 or K23. The K24's rod/stroke ratio is just odd for high revs.

natnat
03-09-2011, 08:01 AM
slap this and other complementing bits and pieces and say good bye to Aurion...

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/articles/images01/bmw_biturbo03.jpg

then use this when it comes to stopping from 100 to 0 and say to Aurion, i'll wait here and u go ahead..

http://www.tirerack.com/images/brakes/brembo/gran_turismo_drilled2pc.jpg

MR_LATE
03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
if i waanted a fast car, id get an sti/evo/ v8.. v6 is just for fence sitters

Lazarus
03-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't think they should be comparing an Aurion with a Euro in the first place, obviously there are different aspects to take into consideration.
Interior wise, I'd pick my Euro over my dad's Aurion anyday, but in terms of 'performance' I'd pick his Aurion.

I have seen a riced up Aurion though, I couldn't help but stare and wonder why...

aaronng
03-09-2011, 12:07 PM
They'd always let me pass if I was in the merge lane at a traffic light lol

That's because they don't want to see you smack into the parked car in front (assuming there is a parked car in your lane). Overtaking on the inside lane from the traffic lights with parked cars in front of you is a stupid thing to do (unless your car does 0-100 in under 6 seconds. :p)

antony
04-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I would say the top of the range Camry is more comparable to the Euro,but the all new Camry has similar headlights to our CU2s...

Lazarus
04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
True, the new Camry Atara looks quite similar to the CU2

http://cdn7.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/2011-toyota-camry-atara-3-625x416.jpg

ryaan
04-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Looks 10x worse than CU2..CU2 anyday over this lol

sodaz
04-09-2011, 12:36 PM
The Aurion is a very boring Camry with a strong engine. We have 5 of them at work and I drive them everyday. They're not that interesting to me.

It's under-tyred so it can barely grip in corners or even a straight line, the suspension is way too soft, the steering is slow and the interior is generic.

The engine, however is good (but not good sounding) and the car is pretty fast on a roll.

HuyT
04-09-2011, 01:15 PM
It's called the Toyota Blade.

Don't think we'll get it here though. http://www.themotorreport.com.au/1299/toyota-blade-master-g-golf-r32-challenger

I swear i saw this, but it was a Lexus

praja6
04-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Aurion is V6 and longer than Euro CU2, however the weight is same as the euro cu2 auto, which has only 4 cylinder engine.

Base model ATX aurion can get around 27-28k brand new, but euro standard auto maybe around 33-34k?

Mostly toyota dealers using the tricks to sell aurion is, they always says Aurion engine is the same as the one use in Lexus RX300.. I know one of my friend went to buy a camry, the sales guy told him i got a better one than camry and showed him the AUrion ATX(base model) and told him the engine uses here is same as the one uses in RX300. He suddenly changed his mind to purchase aurion over camry..

I CU2
04-09-2011, 03:18 PM
2GR-FE is also used in RX350/ES350 and Lotus Evora.

Fredoops
04-09-2011, 03:26 PM
2GR-FE is also used in RX350/ES350 and Lotus Evora.

It's a very good engine, imo beats any 6cyl's currently in the Honda stables..

marquee
04-09-2011, 04:08 PM
It's a very good engine, imo beats any 6cyl's currently in the Honda stables..

How many do Honda have?

natnat
04-09-2011, 04:14 PM
forget Aurion!!

take this:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6070/6111369644_0e5e1f10b3_o.jpg

it did >300kw atw this morning..

or this if you prefer a sedan with a Toyota background:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6081/6111371052_3972f2a96f_o.jpg

MR_LATE
04-09-2011, 04:33 PM
r8 audi,, droolz....

curious,, does the 'v6' aurion run 3-4-6 cylinders?

HunterZero
04-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow that thread deteriorated into a brainless argument pretty early in.

I've driven an Aurion. The engine is very nice and smooth, but the way it steers, the gearbox, handling and in particular the styling are just pedestrian and... boring. It's whitegoods on wheels, and uncool, rather like your granddad wearing board shorts (mind you, the large Accord is no better in the cool factor). Worse, the Aurion interior with that horrible center console and screen, nasty silver finish, ugly controls, cheap feeling seat materials and acres of grey plastic feels like being inside a cheap Kmart boombox stereo. Toyota really need to lift their game with their car interiors.

Yes, Toyota's are as reliable as they come, but Honda, Mazda and Subaru have all well and truly caught up. Toyota don't have any clear advantage any more in this regard like they used to.

They compare the Euro to the IS250... But the IS250 starts at $60k, it's in a completely different price bracket. The IS250 is more in the BMW 3 series/Audi A4 price range. Compare the Euro Lux to an IS250, the Euro is a bargain.

Mind you, I have seen a CU2 with the Aero bodykit on, and it did remind me a bit of the Aurion. Leave the bodykit off the CU2, I say.

And LOL, they linked to a pic of furythree's CU2! Can't say I disagree, this one's a bit ruined...

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4578/rearshotch8.jpg

- HZ

MR_LATE
04-09-2011, 06:06 PM
u kno... i dont understand why people put transformers stickers in such an obvious place, arent they meant to b 'robots in disguise'???

Fredoops
04-09-2011, 06:38 PM
How many do Honda have?

1 iirc, the J-series on the accords that's in production and thats it., first introduced in 1996 (not a typo, it's actually that old)

I CU2
04-09-2011, 07:09 PM
1 iirc, the J-series on the accords that's in production and thats it., first introduced in 1996 (not a typo, it's actually that old)

Is the V6 in the Legend shared with the Accord?

praja6
04-09-2011, 08:13 PM
HZ, the IS250 is compare in USA, Canada with the Acura TSX, which is exctly same as the CU2 here. over there the price for IS250, BMW 3 series and Audi A4 are same price range as the Acura TSX(which is the rebadge of accord euro cu2). Only here in AUstralia the Cu2 price is cheaper than is250 and other germans.

Fredoops
04-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Is the V6 in the Legend shared with the Accord?
YEP, it has the J35A

Glocker
04-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Aurion is basically a super-sized Corolla...bland, unappealing appliances that get you from A-to-B reliably with no excitement whatsoever. If you are some rich Asian with shit driving skills or some retired senior management bloke who can't afford a Lexus IS250 sure get the Aurion. Before you say OMG U HAVENT DRIVEN ONE oh yes I had to for like 5 months and it was shit, I'd actually rather drive a Corolla.

I CU2
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
If you are some rich Asian with shit driving skills

Soz, I prefer my C180's and 318i's. Rich status, ya know what I'm saying boi.

SPQR
04-09-2011, 10:23 PM
YEP, it has the J35A

Different state of tune. The the current Legend version is 3.7L v's 3.5L in the Accord. The Legend version runs on PULP and makes more power and torque. I've never driven a Honda with a V6. I would like to have a CU2 with the V6 as is available in the TSX in the USA but Honda Australia is run by boring old farts.

I have been using an Aurion for work for a while now. It's an under-tyred dynamic dud with trim that falls apart easily and wears out quickly. But the engine is fantastic and it does sound nice when it's kicked into action. It is also economical. It's more economical than a Camry and more economical than my CL9 when driven on the same roads with the same style. It runs on ordinary ULP so here in Darwin that's up to 10 cents per litre cheaper.

Glocker
04-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Soz, I prefer my C180's and 318i's. Rich status, ya know what I'm saying boi.

Don't think Asians with crap driving skills will pick RWD cars.

SPQR
04-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Don't think Asians with crap driving skills will pick RWD cars.

Shouldn't that just be 'people with crap driving skills'?

Glocker
04-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Shouldn't that just be 'people with crap driving skills'?

Nah because that would rule out bogans in their falcadores

HunterZero
04-09-2011, 10:57 PM
HZ, the IS250 is compare in USA, Canada with the Acura TSX, which is exctly same as the CU2 here. over there the price for IS250, BMW 3 series and Audi A4 are same price range as the Acura TSX(which is the rebadge of accord euro cu2). Only here in AUstralia the Cu2 price is cheaper than is250 and other germans.

That's an Australian Toy yoda forum though.

The Acura TSX starts at under $30k in the usa, it seems the others start at around $33k-$34k, so there's still a difference in price premium for the others vs the TSX. The TSX is also available with the V6 from about $35k. We do pay a lot more in Australia for those other luxury marques, but that shows just what good value the Euro is here in Australia.

- HZ

Fredoops
04-09-2011, 11:32 PM
That's an Australian Toy yoda forum though.

The Acura TSX starts at under $30k in the usa, it seems the others start at around $33k-$34k, so there's still a difference in price premium for the others vs the TSX. The TSX is also available with the V6 from about $35k. We do pay a lot more in Australia for those other luxury marques, but that shows just what good value the Euro is here in Australia.

- HZ
You do realize the base model TSX is the equivalent of our Euro Lux right? So the states still pay around 10k less than here.

Nah because that would rule out bogans in their falcadores
rule out or rule in??

last time I checked more 'aussies' buy Aurions. the "Asians" you speak off (which I can safely rule out Indians because of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxbrXD0kgrQ ) are never full family size sedan funs...

HunterZero
05-09-2011, 12:43 AM
You do realize the base model TSX is the equivalent of our Euro Lux right? So the states still pay around 10k less than here.

Yup. My point before was that here in Australia, the Euro Lux is 25% less than an entry level IS250.

- HZ

DreadAngel
05-09-2011, 01:53 AM
What about a Lotus with an Aurion engine? Get the Evora.

What about a Lotus with a Corolla engine? Get an Elise.

Not entirely correct... the Elise S has the 1ZZ-FE Corolla engine while the Elise R uses the 2ZZ-GE out of the Celica... Exige and Exige S use 2ZZ-GE as well...

Angway, comparing Accord Euro and Aurion is silly... Accord Euro more in the segment of the IS250 and other small luxury type cars. Don't think luxury as purely based on $$$, but as class and status. Sure its cheaper than than Lexus and other German equivalents but it's different, most people would go mmmmmm if you said you have an Accord Euro, where as if you said you've got an Aurion, they'd just go oh... Totally different reaction...

Now the Aurion is just a bigger engined Camry (Lets keep semantics aside here, even if there was some recalibrating, it wasn't done for sportiness, done just to accomodate a bigger engine) used to compete with Falcons and Commodores cause for the common Aussie, like most Americans... Cubic inches/capacity speaks louder then volumetric efficency.

How further apart can these cars be? If you were looking for bang for bucks, you'd by a sports compact/sports car in the first place anyway. If I wanted to go idiotically fast anywhere and not just in a straight line, I'd by an old BNR32 Skyline GT-R for about $15K then use $30k to literally decimate the Aurion or $40k to shame the TRD Aurion XD Or a 4door BCNR33 GT-R if you want to play the "oh but the Skyline GT-R isn't a 4dr" or any LanEvo/STi variant and still decimate it.

See? Silly argument really...

Glocker
05-09-2011, 02:07 AM
rule out or rule in??

last time I checked more 'aussies' buy Aurions. the "Asians" you speak off (which I can safely rule out Indians because of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxbrXD0kgrQ ) are never full family size sedan funs...

RWD doesn't deter bogans who can't drive, hence they will buy their falcadores. RWD deters Asians who think cars are kryptonite, so they pick an Aurion/Camry when needed. Btw an Aurion is just an up-specced Camry with a V6; if you buy an Aurion, you are buying a Camry, and we all have encountered the terrible Camry Asian driver at one point or another.

denot
05-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Why do we call t Aurion anyway? It IS a camry (everywhere else but Oz call it camry). Just because Oz made another camry, so they call the original camry with cooler name :( Having said that, why do we call it Accord Euro? Its one of the few Honda car built in Japan, so shouldnt we better call it Accord JDM? :p

Regarding the choice, I prefer Accord JDM to Camry anytime... TRD Camry is just another Magna ralliart to me...

HunterZero
05-09-2011, 10:57 AM
TRD Camry is just another Magna ralliart to me...

Every time I see 'TRD', I think it's missing the 'U'... Worst. Acronym. Ever.

- HZ

I CU2
05-09-2011, 01:21 PM
It's called Aurion because of Toyota marketing. They try to make the cars different to get rid of the Camry image.

DreadAngel
05-09-2011, 02:02 PM
And differentiate the 4cyl from the V6 range...

Glocker
05-09-2011, 02:26 PM
It's called Accord Euro because it was designed according to European tastes; they prefer sleeker lines, appreciate good handling and a willing engine. Meanwhile the otter Accord is designed for the US market, which means V6 power, tons of interior space, highly comfortable and insulated from the outside world.

A turd by any other name will smell just as bad so why bother changing the Camry's name?

boleh
05-09-2011, 03:35 PM
The 2GR-FE is a very good V6. Its just that the rest of the car is crap.

When fitted to a 2-tonne kluger, this motor can still propel the kluger 0-100 in 8s.

denot
05-09-2011, 04:36 PM
It's called Accord Euro because it was designed according to European tastes; they prefer sleeker lines, appreciate good handling and a willing engine. Meanwhile the otter Accord is designed for the US market, which means V6 power, tons of interior space, highly comfortable and insulated from the outside world.

Just as a note, there is only ONE Accord in Japan. Nothing to do with Euro styling and all.. the Thai Accord is called "Honda Inspire" not "Accord"

Anyway, I can't agree more with boleh. The V6 on "Other nations Camry" is a great engine.

I CU2
05-09-2011, 06:05 PM
And differentiate the 4cyl from the V6 range...

They don't have to be differentiated in any other region, it's just that people saw a Camry V6 and was like pshh.. still a Camry.

SPQR
05-09-2011, 07:55 PM
It's called Aurion because of Toyota marketing. They try to make the cars different to get rid of the Camry image.

The boss of Toyota OZ at the time that the Aurion was developed was John Conomos who is of Greek origin. Aurion is a bastardised word based on the Greek word "Aurio" (the apparent 'u' is pronounced more like a 'v'). The word means "tomorrow". The idea was to distance it from the Camry to take on the Falcon and Commodore more directly. The Aurion also has a different front and rear end.

I CU2
05-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Camry with bodykit ;l

BlackCU2
05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Honda Euro for sure any day, class and lux.

Black Euro
06-09-2011, 06:43 PM
I have driven both cars, the aurion being my dad's and the euro mine....
You can have this argument for years...but it will never get anywhere, in the end it comes down to everyones preferences....
I like the Euro (because its mine haha) but also because its 'nippy' and fun to drive.
But driving the aurion is different, because its bigger and more powerfull, so your drivings style changes.

In the end, I love to drive both cars, and as many have said you cant really compare a 4cyl to v6.....

Maybe the comparison should have been between the legend and the aurion.....

vteccoupe
07-09-2011, 10:30 PM
my missus has a aurion sportivo and myself having a cl9 euro.

build quality - CL9 win hands down, aurion just feels too cheap and when going over uneven bumps, u can hear rattling and any other sorta weird noise ( might be becz my missus' aurion has been lowered )
power wise - if ur gonna drive long distance, aurion wld b the pick, much less driver involvement, jz step and laze in the soft unsupportive driver seat, overtaking on country road is a breeze, whereas euro u gotta rev the nuts outta it

on wkends, i rather drive my cl9 than the aurion. Feels much better quality and even tho its just a honda, it feels alot more upmarket as compared to the Aurion and u feel u r in a more expensive car.

praja6
07-09-2011, 10:41 PM
I thought only for Cu2 you have to revs up a lot to overtake. Is it same for CL9 too? CL9 is a small car i thought easy to overtake

Fredoops
07-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I thought only for Cu2 you have to revs up a lot to overtake. Is it same for CL9 too? CL9 is a small car i thought easy to overtake

about the same, yep.

vteccoupe
07-09-2011, 10:46 PM
CU2 if im not wrong got closer gear ratios, thats y despite the weight, the 0-100 is pretty similar to CL9.

marquee
07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Yer to overtake in cl9 i drop to 4th

Fredoops
07-09-2011, 10:53 PM
CU2 if im not wrong got closer gear ratios, thats y despite the weight, the 0-100 is pretty similar to CL9.
CU2 is like CL9 with Hondata, engine is more aggressive and shift pattern is different

MR_LATE
07-09-2011, 11:06 PM
sigh. work car is a v6, delivery car is v6, and now im in a jeep (v6) due to injury. when i hop into euro there is no power.. but i much prefer my euro and the way it hugs me even when i rev it hiiiiiiiggghhh.

vteccoupe
07-09-2011, 11:43 PM
oh and also, theres a factory problem on the aurion and its known in the toyota forum. - even after alignment, the car still pulls to the left

This has been reported by countless aurion drivers, and honestly for a big company like Toyota to not rectify this basic problem, its a big minus

I CU2
07-09-2011, 11:47 PM
oh and also, theres a factory problem on the aurion and its known in the toyota forum. - even after alignment, the car still pulls to the left

Aint that torque steer?

jzx_andy
08-09-2011, 12:14 AM
aurion is bulky but heaps good power value-wise.. 200kw in a camry, stock? :D

i prefer the euro though, it most likely handles much nicer than the aurion and has nicer luxury features, nicer leather seats, heated seats, hids etc..

my parents own a ZR6 sportivo aurion btw and i have driven both.. it would be nice to drop that engine in my euro with a manual gearbox haha, best of both worlds!

vteccoupe
08-09-2011, 12:25 AM
no mate, even when cruising, not fanging

Type R Positive
08-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Aurion is basically a super-sized Corolla...bland, unappealing appliances that get you from A-to-B reliably with no excitement whatsoever. If you are some rich Asian with shit driving skills or some retired senior management bloke who can't afford a Lexus IS250 sure get the Aurion. Before you say OMG U HAVENT DRIVEN ONE oh yes I had to for like 5 months and it was shit, I'd actually rather drive a Corolla.all of toyota's cars are like that.

wuism
08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
vino.. bring aurion to the drags.....

furythree
08-09-2011, 08:56 PM
toyota makes cars that look like they belong in the 90's

a trd aurion is a rice car that is equivalent to a crack whore with clown makeup thinking shes hot

no style, no class, nothing to offer but nice on straights...but so what? go buy a falcordoreif your intobig fat muscly cars

I CU2
08-09-2011, 09:16 PM
a trd aurion is a rice car that is equivalent to a crack whore with clown makeup thinking shes hot

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cia6as.jpg

Type R Positive
09-09-2011, 08:43 AM
TRD Aurion fails on sooooo many levels. Sure it's better than a euro, but is it worth 2 euro's?

MR_LATE
10-09-2011, 10:59 AM
TRD Aurion fails on sooooo many levels. Sure it's better than a euro, but is it worth 2 euro's?
i rather have two euros..

Type R Positive
10-09-2011, 04:29 PM
i rather have two euros..Yeah lol!
It's hard to look cool in a camry!!!

MingZai
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
my mate from work wanted to get a second hand aurion... and asked everyone at the work place which would you rather, second hand aurion, madza 6 or honda euro... 1 said madza 6 everyone else said euro... And when he said asked why everyone replied it's still a camry LOL

MR_LATE
10-09-2011, 07:43 PM
would a sexy girl make an aurion look sexy??....would a euro make an avg girl look sexy ??

Fredoops
10-09-2011, 08:01 PM
would a sexy girl make an aurion look sexy??....would a euro make an avg girl look sexy ??
No and No.

Can stop this silly argument now? Aurion is not a competitor with Euro, its more the Thai-made Seppo Accord's competitor, I dont see people cross shopping these 2 cars.

aaronng
10-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Just like how we made fun of the people discussing the Euro on their forums, they will also be laughing at this thread by now.....

jzx_andy
10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
as i said before... aurions are quite sleeperish (especially the base models), and yeah they do come with crappy tyres, but so does the euro..

theyre a decently fast camry... come on, you can beat R32 GTS-t's in an aurion... thats a pretty funny sight :)

but yeah, quality/luxury/looking cool wise... euro is better.

thats about all that can be compared between the two, if they even should be compared to begin with!

BTW the aurion engine is very respectable, people are just starting to know about the potential they have in the tuning world and are putting them in other cars, so watch that space ;) same story with the JZ series of engines, they were not well known, everyone was too busy with the hype of the RB engine, and look now... JZ swaps are happening everywhere

vorace
10-09-2011, 11:59 PM
GDay,
I have a 06 Euro Lux manual and an 08 Aurion Sportivo SX6 and both are really great cars. While they share common pluses such are excellent reliability, great build quality and v.low running costs they both have differing individual advantages over each other.
The Aurion has a fantastic engine and auto Tx package. Smooth, powerful with good low end torque and great topend power when you pass 4500rpm - very sporty! The auto is intuitive and the fuel economy is fantastic for the performance....beats what you get in the common Falcodores. It is an exceptional country touring car and better when you put better tyres on it instead of the low grip Michelin Energys.
Having said that, I much prefer the driving experience of the CL9. It is just more involving in the handling and the slick manual gearbox, and the gorgeously finished interior beats the generic basic quality Aurion interior. Back to back the Euro is more refined and doesnt have the body creaks that the Aurion has over bumps and entering driveways. It genuinely feels like a quality item and while the engine lacks bottom end, the top end revability is addictive. The exterior paint and panel finish is made in Japan flawless.
I have light suspension work on my Euro (Koni sports shocks, H&R RSB, Enkei RPF1 rims) and its the car I prefer to drive. I also have a Mk6 VW Golf GTI company car and funny enough, I prefer to drive the Euro over it. Amazingly the Euro is faster thru the Old Pacific Hwy run than the GTI!

MR_LATE
11-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Just like how we made fun of the people discussing the Euro on their forums, they will also be laughing at this thread by now.....

Lol yeah

Maikulz
12-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I rather the euro. Whilst I was car shopping I tried the 2008 aurion and imo it was heaps spacious and smooth but yet it felt like I was driving a truck. the response and agility was nowhere near like the cl9. and imo, i rkn the cl9 looks heaps more classier than the aurion. having said I drove a camry prior to this, Im being to think the styling of toyotas are a bit bland. thats my 2c

natnat
12-09-2011, 01:13 PM
I have light suspension work on my Euro (Koni sports shocks, H&R RSB, Enkei RPF1 rims) and its the car I prefer to drive. I also have a Mk6 VW Golf GTI company car and funny enough, I prefer to drive the Euro over it. Amazingly the Euro is faster thru the Old Pacific Hwy run than the GTI!

chip it and throw some good mods to the GTI. then it'll be much more fun :p

then you can go like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw6WMzk94_c

antony
12-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Maikultz,Toyotas are very bland,in our household we also have a 2001,and 2009 Corolla sedans.

Brillisant cars,no doubt,but hardly exciting at all........

Fredoops
12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Give Aurion Credit where it's due....

Compared to the US Toyota Avalon... our car is like.... good looking and built....http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/2011_Toyota_Avalon_--_06-16-2010.jpg/220px-2011_Toyota_Avalon_--_06-16-2010.jpg

vorace
12-09-2011, 02:44 PM
NatNat...so what sort of mods are those GTIs running and what sort of laptimes do they do at MDTC?

DreadAngel
12-09-2011, 02:48 PM
as i said before... aurions are quite sleeperish (especially the base models), and yeah they do come with crappy tyres, but so does the euro..

theyre a decently fast camry... come on, you can beat R32 GTS-t's in an aurion... thats a pretty funny sight :)

but yeah, quality/luxury/looking cool wise... euro is better.

thats about all that can be compared between the two, if they even should be compared to begin with!

BTW the aurion engine is very respectable, people are just starting to know about the potential they have in the tuning world and are putting them in other cars, so watch that space ;) same story with the JZ series of engines, they were not well known, everyone was too busy with the hype of the RB engine, and look now... JZ swaps are happening everywhere

Beating a HCR32 GTS-T with a RB20DET isn't all that difficult...

Maikultz,Toyotas are very bland,in our household we also have a 2001,and 2009 Corolla sedans.

Brillisant cars,no doubt,but hardly exciting at all........

Hardly brilliant, they just know how to screw it together better than the average car maker...

natnat
12-09-2011, 02:54 PM
NatNat...so what sort of mods are those GTIs running and what sort of laptimes do they do at MDTC?

laptimes... best was low 45s. there were only 5 cars for the day :p

first gti runs on stock suspensions, 18" conti sc3 tyres, full intake, turboback exhaust, and etc... ; dynoed 166kw atw.

second gti runs on bilstein pss10, rear H&R sway bar, 17" Advan AD08 tyres, full intake, turboback exhaust and etc... ; dynoed 164kw atw.

I CU2
12-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Hardly brilliant, they just know how to screw it together better than the average car maker...

Lexus LF-A?

antony
12-09-2011, 08:29 PM
In my opinion,a car which has done 200 000 kilometers in 10 years,and all that its ever needed was a new battery and new tyres,that is BRILLIANT.

I hope my Euro gives me the same kind of service that our Corollas have given in the past.

Fredoops
12-09-2011, 11:09 PM
In my opinion,a car which has done 200 000 kilometers in 10 years,and all that its ever needed was a new battery and new tyres,that is BRILLIANT.

I hope my Euro gives me the same kind of service that our Corollas have given in the past.

your euro Auto or manual>? :-P

DreadAngel
12-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Lexus LF-A?

Acura/Honda NSX/NSX Type S/NSX Type-R?

Smartass I was referring to their boring cars...

I CU2
12-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Smartass I was referring to their boring cars...

Honda has proven to the world what it has done in line of her performance vehicles with the NSX as Toyota has done with the LF-A. These creations were formed in order to prove to the world the ingenuity of their engineering teams, they have come and they have done what they wanted to achieve.

It's back to the future development of hybrid vehicles for both companies.

What Honda vehicle currently in production isn't boring? They may certainly be a bit better than Toyota's offerings but gone is the generation of Integras, S2Ks, Supras and Soarers.

The Corolla may be ass ugly and boring as hell but the reliability of that car is brilliant and second to none.

MR_LATE
13-09-2011, 12:14 AM
reliability?... my cuzz 95 accord has done some 350000ks and missed heaps of services and is still going lol

I CU2
13-09-2011, 12:17 AM
reliability?... my cuzz 95 accord has done some 350000ks and missed heaps of services and is still going lol

Nothing special for a Toyota. :)

MingZai
13-09-2011, 12:29 AM
The CRZ isn't boring... CRZ mugen cert not boring at all...

DreadAngel
13-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Honda has proven to the world what it has done in line of her performance vehicles with the NSX as Toyota has done with the LF-A. These creations were formed in order to prove to the world the ingenuity of their engineering teams, they have come and they have done what they wanted to achieve.

It's back to the future development of hybrid vehicles for both companies.

What Honda vehicle currently in production isn't boring? They may certainly be a bit better than Toyota's offerings but gone is the generation of Integras, S2Ks, Supras and Soarers.

The Corolla may be ass ugly and boring as hell but the reliability of that car is brilliant and second to none.

See, thats the mentality of the Australian market...

Yes I'm with you on the generations of Sport compacts we all use to dream about... Sport Compacts all but disappeared from the Japanese manufacturers... If we put it into the perspective of the average/ignorant masses, Honda still has I think the Civic-R (FN2R) which it sees as a token contribution to its hot hatches/sport compact. I won't even start on that car but anyway its there to hold the last link to proper sportiness in Honda's otherwise passenger lineup. If you were to remove the Civic-R, compare both Honda and Toyota's lineup, both are remarkably the same lol... Yes albeit Honda's offerings are superior in almost all departments (Unless you're unsophicated and need cubic inches to justify 'performance' in which Honda's the wrong company for you) very bland indeed.

Think of it this way though, unfortunately for us, the Australian market as a whole isn't really up for 'exciting', 'sporty', etc like we do, its too much for them. They prefer performance to come nice and easy rather than work for it and enjoy it in the process. Look at the reviewers reaction to the Type-Rs (DC2R, DC5R, FN2R) and the S2000 + NSX and to a large extent the Australian public. Yes Honda Australia was ambitious in some of their goals + pricing (idiots) and decided in their wisdom to leave out the good stuff (We apparently don't need LSD or Brembo or Recaro lol) but end of the day, most Australians don't care for such details. Type-Rs are 'too raw' and 'too harsh' for them, S2000 is 'only' 2L, NSX is a overpriced Honda (Remember the NSXs that can compete with Ferraris/Lambo/Porsches are only the Type-S and Type-R which we never got, we get the base models) that underperforms for its price bracket (100k+). Such reactions are typical of the public around here where displacement and 0-100kmh for performance model is the key (0-100kmh isn't considered as much as displacement, even if the S2000 can crack 5.8secs I think? You'll get the comment still only 2L and 4cyl). If I were Honda Australia, I wouldn't bother with sport compacts too, won't get enough sales to justify it with such perceptions around, just offer a 'sports pack' with my normal lineup and that'll do. Though perhaps 'GOD FORBID' add a turbo or supercharger *gasp* to my K20A in a FD1 Civic 'Sport'...

Stock CR-Z is boring... Mugen CR-Z is tuned version, almost anything tuned is completely different and it won't come to Australia unless Honda Australia decides to lose some money (Not gonna happen I think...) so invalid comment...

Fredoops
13-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Exciting and refinement aren't mutually exclusive, thy just needs to be forcefed.

Golf GTi did it, Focus RS/XR5 did it, when the frogs did it with the
Megane sport

An issue type r's and s2k had was that they never handled THAT great, thy were all too twitchy, probably have something to do with the fact there's no torque on the 1st 3/4 of the rev range.

DreadAngel
13-09-2011, 03:36 AM
^

You've shown my comment of it being 'easy' cars being boring, what you may call exciting eg Ohhhh torque, softish handling etc is what I call uhuh... smooth but erm where is my purist driver feedback? Where is my precise steering feedback? etc etc... Opinion wise... I found the GTi mk5 boring ie it couldn't even get my heart to beat a little faster (Dunno how different mk6 would make but if its more refined, easy to drive, etc It'll put me to sleep), Focus RS/XR5 got it about right, I really enjoyed it! Though like my complaint with all the new cars (Including the FN2R) too damn heavy hence needing bigger engine which means you need... You see my point... Megane Sport well if the other Pugs and Renos are an indication of their build quality, I'll have reservation.

Too twitchy?! S2000 damn yes, Honda got the AP1 wrong for the novice and expert driver alike but fixed up that in the revisions. DC2R/DC5R/FN2R nowhere near twitchy =| I agree they're no way for every person wanting a fast ride, but thats all covered in my previous post. As for Honda's engine having no torque... Well Honda doesn't want to touch turbo nor do they want to go with larger engine... And if they tweaked their performance engines to have that phat meaty torque I doubt it'll have a screamer of a top end due to lack of cubes etc... Smooth torque development followed by screaming top end, has been Honda's way for their SiR/Type-R, etc since 89'...

antony
13-09-2011, 07:44 AM
your euro Auto or manual>? :-P

Auto.

I once owned a VW Jetta in South Africa which got to over 300 000 kilometers with no hassle at all,and all the major parts were still origional.

Oit of 7 new cars,the only one which eventually gave me heartache was a TS Holden Astra.

MR_LATE
13-09-2011, 10:47 AM
i hate holden astra nad barinas and viva and epica

Type R Positive
13-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Off topic but CR-Z is gay as aids. It's about as sporty as the pruis, and about as quick as one too.... Putting a kit on it doesn't change the fact...

Fredoops
13-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Auto.

I once owned a VW Jetta in South Africa which got to over 300 000 kilometers with no hassle at all,and all the major parts were still origional.

Oit of 7 new cars,the only one which eventually gave me heartache was a TS Holden Astra.

I'm putting aside money for a tranny rebuild myself.... Other than that the cars solid.

HunterZero
13-09-2011, 06:46 PM
The trick is, mainly through clever marketing, Toyota have cemented in the minds of a lot of people that they are the most reliable brand of car. That's why many people still think of Toyota when they go to buy a car. You ask them why they would buy another Toyota, 99% of the time it's "because they are reliable".

Perceived reliability matters. I'm even hearing of Hyundai owners now who say they would buy another Hyundai because their old Accent rotbox was reliable. Never mind it was 10 years of motoring boredom misery, it was (apparently) cheap reliable motoring.

While Toyota are still very reliable (although recently it seems they've slipped a bit), rival brands have long since caught up. But it seems Toyota are slipping behind other brands in the refinement, tech and standard equipment departments. While their 6 cylinder engine is a great unit, the various chassis they bolt it to are unremarkable. They have concentrated their R&D efforts on hybrids, and making so many models of SUV to try and corner that market. Their interior/controls design and plastics quality is behind the times. Their car chassis feel soft and out of date. The steering is too light and lifeless. Case in point, the RAV4 is outdated with its bland styling, coarse at revs 2.4 4 cyl engine and clunky 4 speed automatic and is overdue for replacement. Subaru, Mazda and Honda have long since exceeded Toyota in driving dynamics and drivetrain refinements.

It's for this reason that Toyota are cementing their reputation as effectively 'whitegoods on wheels' to people for whom a car is merely transport. It's a go-to car brand. It's "enough" car for what many people want, they are familiar with the Toyota brand since their dad always had one, and they have the reliability reputation. And mostly, It's a brand they are comfortable with owning. When someone who doesn't care about cars has a preferred car brand, they tend not to test drive anything else when they're shopping for their next car.

- HZ

MR_LATE
13-09-2011, 06:55 PM
im definately biuying a hyundai accent in january!

natnat
14-09-2011, 08:59 AM
i had a toyota rav4 for 9 yrs. quite reliable with minimal issues. only found out it was a boring car after so many years... (the day i test drove a WRX)

reliable but boring cars... you can only find out if your car is boring or not by driving another exciting / fun / performance car for a day.

if you only ever drive a single car and you're not a maniac car enthusiast, you just look at your car as a cart to bring you from A to B, then you won't know if it's boring or not. :p

MingZai
14-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Driven a M3, 135i, X5M etc for a day and still don't find the Honda Euro to be borring... Well not the CL9

natnat
14-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Driven a M3, 135i, X5M etc for a day and still don't find the Honda Euro to be borring... Well not the CL9

but stock CL9 had terrible brake fade on a 30mnts twisty run... very dangerous!

MingZai
14-09-2011, 12:07 PM
but stock CL9 had terrible brake fade on a 30mnts twisty run... very dangerous!

Break fade? 30 Mnts? as in 30 mins yeahh??

Don't really understand what break fade is haha :p

If your talking about the break pads wearing out really quickly I agree..

Fredoops
14-09-2011, 12:15 PM

Nope he meant:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_fade

natnat
14-09-2011, 12:47 PM

if you have never had one, can be: you never drive on a race track OR you just don't drive spirited enough OR somehow your CL9 comes with a BBK :p

Nope he meant:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake_fade

correct :)

MingZai
15-09-2011, 01:12 AM
if you have never had one, can be: you never drive on a race track OR you just don't drive spirited enough OR somehow your CL9 comes with a BBK :p

correct :)

Correct on two points.
I've never driven on Race Track and don't intend to until my Euro is completed :p
and it doesn't come with a BBK haha.

I do drive spirited but found not many instances where I had to break hard and then compare the differences.

I do know that back then when I breaked really hard it would veer to the left a bit and the steering wheel will go spastic lol.

Nairda
15-09-2011, 11:28 AM
First time i rode in an Aurion i hated the low rent centre console. To me it looked low rent, had something of a cheap nightclub lighting about it

marquee
15-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Im buying my mrs a black i30 lowered on rims tinted windows they look so nice

MR_LATE
15-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Im buying my mrs a black i30 lowered on rims tinted windows they look so nice

OFF TOPIC :D in jan me buying (for GF) a premium accent :D in blue. cant wait .

Lazarus
15-09-2011, 11:56 PM
show pics once u get em

azn_k3nt
16-09-2011, 02:15 AM
sighsssss my miss wants an ep3r..........awks hahaha

marquee
16-09-2011, 08:52 AM
sighsssss my miss wants an ep3r..........awks hahaha

Mine did too until she realised the interior is red. Im like but its a type r and has recaros, shes like its red dont want it anymore.... Chicks

MR_LATE
16-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Mine did too until she realised the interior is red. Im like but its a type r and has recaros, shes like its red dont want it anymore.... Chicks

hahahah wow,, wow.. dunno what to say to that,

Fredoops
16-09-2011, 01:40 PM
hahahah wow,, wow.. dunno what to say to that,

women, nufff said

denot
16-09-2011, 03:15 PM
my wife drove a white i30. Not a bad car... :)

Fredoops
16-09-2011, 03:19 PM
my wife drove a white i30. Not a bad car... :)
have you tried the new Kia Optima? O.M.G..... it's like CU2 with a proper sound system and a more willing gearshift lol

DreadAngel
16-09-2011, 05:44 PM

Even BBK can fade, try Carbon/Ceramic brakes ;)

CU2 Euro 09
16-09-2011, 06:07 PM
have you tried the new Kia Optima? O.M.G..... it's like CU2 with a proper sound system and a more willing gearshift lol

Have you driven the Optima or heard the sound system? It looks alright and has a good list of features. But has anyone got any first hand experience.

Though it still would be silly to compare the Optima or Hyundai against the Aurion for the same reasons as for the Euro.

Fredoops
16-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Have you driven the Optima or heard the sound system? It looks alright and has a good list of features. But has anyone got any first hand experience.

Though it still would be silly to compare the Optima or Hyundai against the Aurion for the same reasons as for the Euro.

Yep, I did, the nexen tyres are noisy.and isn't as grippy as I wante it to be.
Give it set of bridgestones or een jumbo ku31's an it would handle much better.

But the Infinity sound system is soooooo much better than the panasonic unit in the CU2, the engine is willing and it seems to have a bit more lower end torque than the k24.

Fredoops
16-09-2011, 11:24 PM
dont they have infinity speakers? 0.o

nah, it's the system

MR_LATE
16-09-2011, 11:27 PM
yes i just read, my bad,, i do like the new kias honestly,,alot of car for ur money

maybe a car is becoming just a car to me. shrugs*