PDA

View Full Version : b swap into eg civic.. help me make a shopping list :)

DC:51:VE
03-09-2011, 06:35 PM
hey boys.. concidering throwing a b series into my eg..
was hoping u buys could help me make a shopping list..
its a d15y auto carby civic..

hmetro24
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM
You need another car :D. First it's carby and you need to convert it to EFI. 2nd Its automatic you need to convert it to Manual. 3rd It is gonna take long time.
IMO get an Manual eg efi car and swap engine or buy already swapped car

getm_up
03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
there is afew EG's that have 1.8 or 1.6 ltr swaps for roughly 7k
mind you they are all pieces of shit that have been thrashed

91EFFER
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah im still busy with my b series swap into an ed 91, so it was a carby to. I definitely recommend getting an efi eg and starting from there, u'll save urself so much time, trouble and money it'll be worth it. Good luck mate

mattyt
04-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey man theres no probs to do it with your car. now first of all you need to get a efi fuel tank, fuel pump and lines from a si or vti eg civic, have a look under parts forum i sure theres a couple of people selling this kit. next b series motor if u have enuf cash def go the b18cr if not u can pick up a vtir for 2k for motor, ecu and wiring harness at a wreckers.
then gab yourself some hasport engine mounts or if u want to use ur mounts thats fine but you will need to change the passenger side one i think you can use the teg mount for the passenger side, also next try and get your self a b series gear box and cv joints maybe another 1.5k and its best to put a new hd clutch and lighten fly wheel in. also since you have more power you will need to do the brakes so shop around for vtir hubs and disk brakes at the rear, front should be fine with some slotted rotors. if your doing all the work your self you might get away with 4-5k

hmetro24
04-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Also you need Manual pedals, lines, some modifications ...
With the car you have you will change everything in the car. Also a good idea to change timing belt, water pump, oil filter, fuel filter.

EG8 CIVIC
05-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey man theres no probs to do it with your car. now first of all you need to get a efi fuel tank, fuel pump and lines from a si or vti eg civic, have a look under parts forum i sure theres a couple of people selling this kit. next b series motor if u have enuf cash def go the b18cr if not u can pick up a vtir for 2k for motor, ecu and wiring harness at a wreckers.
then gab yourself some hasport engine mounts or if u want to use ur mounts thats fine but you will need to change the passenger side one i think you can use the teg mount for the passenger side, also next try and get your self a b series gear box and cv joints maybe another 1.5k and its best to put a new hd clutch and lighten fly wheel in. also since you have more power you will need to do the brakes so shop around for vtir hubs and disk brakes at the rear, front should be fine with some slotted rotors. if your doing all the work your self you might get away with 4-5k

MOUNTS:
Auto to manual drivers side mount (150-200$ max)- unless you get somebody to weld a manual bracket on from a manual car (charge 100 buks approx. from wrekkers)
+ make sure you get shift links for ur swap**

mattyt
06-09-2011, 12:02 PM
def alot of work to a auto carb eg civic man, as all the boys pointed out. If ur not to worry about getting ur hands dirty go for it! If u wanna save time and money sell ur car and buy my eg b18c civic its got over 15k just in mods. Or if u wanna do it urself the easy way buy a manaul eg si or vti. Si is a more stonger due to no sunroof.