PDA

View Full Version : integra b20/civic b18c2

jayeg
04-09-2011, 10:31 PM
hi i own a carby civic and a vtir integra i want to swap my b18c into my civic and i want to buy a stock b20 engine and box i was wondering is the b20 a str8 swap into the integra and how difficult is the b18c into the hatch going to be i no i have to get a tank pump and fuel lines and mounts be is that all i need and what is the price going to be for the b20 and is it going to be a better choice then the b18a i dont have much cash thats why i was going to go the b20 route because i have heard they r torquey any help would be great thanks

Jaiiiwon
05-09-2011, 12:03 AM
hey man, there's plenty of info on here about that stuff.

i think, in both cases you'll be puling your hair out.
maybe it'll just be a lot better to keep the B18 onto the integra, and just buy the B20 displacement and slap that on. That way you can keep that nice head on the teg.. rather than getting a whole new engine all together.

just note that, B18(head)/B20(block) is better than B20 by itself. well atleast thats what i been reading.

that's why people say its cheaper, because instead of a whole new engine, you're changing the displacement block (taking note all the other stuff you gta change)

for prices, i think you're better off talking to the experts, like Adrian from Toda, maybe give a buzz to the gentlemen at GPC, etc.

GSi_PSi
05-09-2011, 09:47 AM
B20 is a straight swap but you will need gsi/vtir/itr gearbox , gsi complete intake manifold and dizzy. Then you will need a gsi (either obd1 or 2 depending on year of Integra) computer otherwise you will be throwing a cel on vtir ecu when it tries to look for the Vtec solenoid but even then you will running lean on 1.8 ecu so to get the most from it run a tunable ecu with proper air/fuel ratios etc. As for the eg civic you will need complete efi fuel tank, efi lines (you might be able to get away with the carby lines with some mods) depending on what year vtir might need a obd1 ecu conversion harness.