PDA

View Full Version : Advice regarding oil appearing around head

civicboy84
04-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I went to look at a car today was an EK4, 220 000k's and it wreaked of engine degreaser. I voiced my concerns and took it for a test drive made sure I hit vtec alot to exacerbate the oil leak to see how bad it was. We stopped back at his place and I checked the oil leak that I saw before we left and it seemed to increase by 1/10 mL is this cause for concern?? I was worried due to it being at the head, rocker leaks are ok but wasnt sure about this one.

ACTI0NMAN-1
04-09-2011, 11:38 PM
well if its leaking its either a blown head gasket, or the head and the block is not seated correctly. Either way if it does not come with roadworthy, then you will have to have it fixed to pass.

dougie_504
05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Where do you live? Oils leaks, as far as RWC's are concerned, depend on what state you live in. In VIC a car will pass a RWC provided no oil leaks onto the ground for the duration of the inspection.

Do you have a picture of the leak, or can you describe it better or get a picture of a B-series and show us exactly?

Could be so many things. VTEC solenoid seal (main seal or upper seal), cam seal, head gasket, valve gasket. Probably more.

jdm_b16a
07-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Cam seals are usually a good place to start.

Peter