PDA

View Full Version : Ecu Problems

cheapdouchebag
05-09-2011, 12:23 AM
For a while now, my car when warming up after 5 or more hours of sitting still without turning on my check engine light, ! and VSA orange lights come on. So i guess thats my ecu spittin out a error code. It doesnt really bother me as although the cargoes into limp mode, when i turn off the car. And turn it back on the lights are off so im not in the limp home mode anymore. Car runs fine, not an issue.

So i had a look and got a computer plugged in reader, and two error codes poped up. Cant remember the number but i remember what was said. I defraged the ecu and cleared the codes so i hoped they would disapear. Now their back, just wondering if anyone with a CL9 or CU2 can shed light on whats going on

- EMC RELATION FAILURE
-CMP INTERNAL POWER SOURCE FAILURE

My best guess is that the previous owner of this car had a faulty/dead battery sometime in its life, in which is understandable i guess seeing the cars done almost 160xxx kms.

Can anyone direct me where to have a look at with my car? never EVER seen these codes before.

Cheers.

Fredoops
05-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Gonna need the actual codes to troubleshoot this dude.

PS: check your grounds first, see if they are broken/frayed out.

marquee
05-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Not the engine is it it would throw up the check engine light not the vsa lights the /!\ is the vsa off switch don't know if u will find it out without the Honda software

Fredoops
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Not the engine is it it would throw up the check engine light not the vsa lights the /!\ is the vsa off switch don't know if u will find it out without the Honda software

he already got the CEL's i think just he forgot the codes

cheapdouchebag
06-09-2011, 12:44 AM
check engine light, the bold VSA text is on. and a the /!\ is on
all 3 are on as well.

damit now i need to borroow the reader again haha.