PDA

View Full Version : Vicroads vehicle check doesnt match the car

pihlor
06-09-2011, 12:10 AM
hey guys
just went to look at a eg hatch for my friend
and we did the vic roads vehicle check and it says the is a blue eg sedan however its a black hatch
the vin and engine number match the hatch
is this the case of a rebirth car ?

Symphorced
06-09-2011, 12:26 AM
It is possible that the car just has had a respray without the owner notifying VicRoads. Wouldn't look too much into the "sedan" part. VicRoads says my EP3 is a "sedan". :p

Ask the owner if the car has been resprayed and see what they say.

pihlor
06-09-2011, 12:32 AM
yeh wouldnt be suprised if it was resprayed cos i saw some blue and red bits when i was inspecting the car

mugen_ctr
06-09-2011, 12:50 AM
if its a cheap respray than odds are they didnt do the engine bay, which would be the oem color, as well as the interior metal bits, like inside of the boot.

I do believe u have to notify vic roads when u do a respray, cant remember, but some where on the website it says so

dougie_504
06-09-2011, 01:29 AM
Yeah you have to let them know if you change the dominant colour.

As for the car you looked at OP, as long as the VIN and engine no. are correct then don't worry IMO. VicRoads has no clue.

redefine
06-09-2011, 11:16 AM
my ek1 hatch is listed as sedan. when i asked them about it, apparently some cars are registered as hatch cause of some dealer bullshit when it was first sold, and i couldnt change it.

Indie
06-09-2011, 04:44 PM
My N13 Pulsar hatch was listed as a sedan. Just check the engine bay.

mytfoz
06-09-2011, 05:29 PM
hatch backs dont exist on vicroad syst.
vic road have only 2 catagories.
Sedan and Coupe
i got 2 EG Hatch.
one says Sedan and other say Coupe :)

gumus89
06-09-2011, 11:20 PM
I have a Prelude Sedan... Dicks.

mugen_ctr
06-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Vic roads system is pretty flawed, but lucky mine they classed as what it was, coupe :D

trism
07-09-2011, 08:13 AM
In all states you'll find the categories are:

Sedan
Wagon
Ute

If its not a wagon or a Ute it'll be classed as a sedan. This means hatches, coupes, etc.

Why do they do this?

Its pretty simple. You know those "loading zones" that are everywhere? Well you can only park in a loading zone if you're in a Ute or a wagon, because these vehicles are classed as being able to carry a load.

So if an inspector comes past, they can just check the rego label, make sure it says wagon or Ute, and move on.

If it says sedan, you get a fine.

Indie
07-09-2011, 06:18 PM

Sedan
Wagon
Ute

If its not a wagon or a Ute it'll be classed as a sedan. This means hatches, coupes, etc.

Why do they do this?

Its pretty simple. You know those "loading zones" that are everywhere? Well you can only park in a loading zone if you're in a Ute or a wagon, because these vehicles are classed as being able to carry a load.

So if an inspector comes past, they can just check the rego label, make sure it says wagon or Ute, and move on.

If it says sedan, you get a fine.Um... No. That's not true.

trism
07-09-2011, 06:19 PM
so explain how it works then.

dc2r-0636
07-09-2011, 07:05 PM
yeh i wana know too. 'indie'

Red_EG4
07-09-2011, 07:12 PM

Sedan
Wagon
Ute

Why do they do this?

If it says sedan, you get a fine.

So what of the category "coupe"
My rego label says my hatch is a coupe, not a sedan/wagon or ute.

trism
07-09-2011, 07:30 PM
fair call, maybe other states are diff, just going off New South Fails

dc2r-0636
07-09-2011, 07:31 PM
makes sense what you said but

Red_EG4
07-09-2011, 07:39 PM
fair call, maybe other states are diff, just going off New South Fails

Just wanted to point out that you stated, in a matter if fact way, that "all states" used the system you described.
Not arguing with you or anything, just thought I should point it out.

mugen_ctr
07-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I think many are confused in here....

Vic roads does infact have few categories

From small passenger vehicles to large passengers like a commo

Than u got the coupes, sports cars obvious, if ur car isnt what it is in the database, than they screwed up, or the dealership did

and few others ive forgotten lol, thats just my understanding, from reading other rego;s

But to make it easier, just call up Vic roads :D

Indie
07-09-2011, 11:43 PM
yeh i wana know too. 'indie'What's with the inverted commas? You sound like a smart arse.

As other people in this thread have stated, Victoria certainly has a 'coupe' class of vehicle, which we have all attested to. Trism was adamant that "all states" use the system he described, for some reason, but it's not the case.

dougie_504
08-09-2011, 04:23 PM
What's with the inverted commas? You sound like a smart arse.

As other people in this thread have stated, Victoria certainly has a 'coupe' class of vehicle, which we have all attested to. Trism was adamant that "all states" use the system he described, for some reason, but it's not the case.

He used talking marks to indicate that he was addressing you because he doesn't know your real name and people might not know who he's talking to, or they might not realise he's addressing somebody at all, if he doesn't put any emphasis on your OH account name. He's not being a smartass.

At least 'trism' (See? I do it too...) tried to offer an explanation so if you don't have anything constructive to say on the topic then there's no point just contradicting people so everybody can notice you picked up on something that they said which was wrong. At least provide your reasons, or even better, an alternative.

OP can always call VicRoads and ask them what his car is listed as, what the options are, and to please change it if it bothers him.

MWAKU
08-09-2011, 04:32 PM
^ HAHA YESS!!!!!!! exactly what half the other readers were thinking

Indie
08-09-2011, 09:57 PM
He used talking marks to indicate that he was addressing you because he doesn't know your real name and people might not know who he's talking to, or they might not realise he's addressing somebody at all, if he doesn't put any emphasis on your OH account name. He's not being a smartass.

At least 'trism' (See? I do it too...) tried to offer an explanation so if you don't have anything constructive to say on the topic then there's no point just contradicting people so everybody can notice you picked up on something that they said which was wrong. At least provide your reasons, or even better, an alternative.

OP can always call VicRoads and ask them what his car is listed as, what the options are, and to please change it if it bothers him.I'm sorry, but I've never encountered a forum where people use inverted commas like that, and it seemed odd. Apologies for the misunderstanding. 'dougie-504'.

I've provided a reason. Several of us in Victoria have already stated that Victoria has a 'coupe' class, and I also stated that hatchbacks fall under our 'sedan' class. This answered the question. We are speaking only from experience, rather than throwing about blanket statements regarding other states that we haven't lived in. There's a difference between attempting to provide an explanation, and simply making assumptions. Anyway, that's that.

MWAKU
08-09-2011, 10:00 PM
dude shut the **** up. you didn't post a reason, you posted, blankly, no, thats not correct.. and never posted a reason, until a reason was already given.

we dont need echoes and parrots in the forum. you dont need to repost the same answer, half the time ppl will jsut think you didn't know and just reverberating what the other person said before you.

i dont know why you alway lurk the forums trying to act smart, but only provide answers after one is already given

sorry to lash out but half the time you dont need to post at all. you just sound like a pretentious forum poster (the way you word and the your structure to what you say)

again, no offence, but just sayin'

( yeah i know im no better im a hater/rager :) :)

dc2r-0636
09-09-2011, 09:25 AM
thanks dougie and mwaku haha

Bludger
09-09-2011, 09:32 AM
My type R is classed as a VtiR according to RTA of lovely NSW.

dc2r-0636
09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
in nsw does it say how much the car weighs on the rego sticker?

mine says 1200kg, first time i saw it i was burning lol