PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought new Honda in Rick Damelian recently?

praja6
06-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Is anyone bought or paid deposit for a new honda @ rick damelian recently. I heard rick damelian is under receivership..

Its strange to see a largest dealer goes into receivership. When i bought my accord euro last year only rick can be able to give me best price in Sydney and the service was very good.

Fredoops
06-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi Guys,

Is anyone bought or paid deposit for a new honda @ rick damelian recently. I heard rick damelian is under receivership..

Its strange to see a largest dealer goes into receivership. When i bought my accord euro last year only rick can be able to give me best price in Sydney and the service was very good.

One of the few places uses decent oil for servicing... (semi-syn mobil instead of castrol gtx most dealers use)

But then again, the owner went to big too fast, got greedy.

PS: see his wife? talking about a trophy....

praja6
06-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Don't know whats going to happen. Sadly may be no more Rick damelian?

I take my car for service to Trivett Parramatta anyway.

Someone told me everytime when you take your car for service to Rick, they give an expensive chocolate bar to the customer..

ryaan
07-09-2011, 12:22 AM
yup they give you like 4 nice chocolates with every service :)

natnat
07-09-2011, 12:00 PM
I used to work for its competitor.

Honda was very popular in the past, Trivett was selling 100 Hondas a month. But other car makers have advanced in terms of new tech, new stuffs, new models, etc... eg: Volkswagen; and they sell lot more cars and keep growing.

I think these days people prefer more excitements than simple old reliable stuffs.

Most of those cars in the showroom floor and stock yard were on finance. It was something like $70m of loan, so the monthly interest was not small. Obviously this and other expenses have outgrown the profits...

Fredoops
07-09-2011, 12:19 PM
He had a restaurant under the dealership at one point... I mean srsly....

danNyja1
07-09-2011, 12:35 PM
PS: see his wife? talking about a trophy....
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/09/05/1226129/973780-110906-rick-damelian.jpg
;)

praja6
07-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I bought mine @ rick, however i take it for service to Trivett classic @ parrmatta. I like their service too and free coffee. You can see from upstair when your car is being serviced.

What is the main reason people still buy from Larke hoskins even their service attitute is not good....

BlackCU2
07-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Guys

yes i got my CU2 from Rick damelian last yesr and also have got may car serviced by them, im in a pickle to where to get the car serviced now? as i know that the guys did a good job.

but i only went back for the chocolates:)

natnat
07-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi Guys

yes i got my CU2 from Rick damelian last yesr and also have got may car serviced by them, im in a pickle to where to get the car serviced now? as i know that the guys did a good job.

but i only went back for the chocolates:)

Top One!

http://toponeauto.com.au/

but no chocolate... :p

bought my CU2 from Rick but never took it to them for service as the buying experience was just unpleasant! they were going to charge $300 for 10k service.. probably made of oil $40, filter $20, free coffee $20, free chocolates $20 and the rest is apprentice's labour fees.

natnat
07-09-2011, 01:21 PM
What is the main reason people still buy from Larke hoskins even their service attitute is not good....

cheaper prices? a lot of chinese buy from them i think.

BlackCU2
07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
"People who know Mr Damelian well said yesterday it had also been the collapse of sales by Honda in Australia in the past four years that had triggered the receivership"

BlackCU2
07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
when i was looking i did go to larke hoskin and they did the same to me...

Stevil
07-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Well I bought my Vti there 3 months ago and price was $1.2K cheaper than any of the other Stealership would offer.

Dont think the other dealerships will be too concerned, probably happy to see Damelian gonski !

Seriously Honda need to pull the design finger out and stop following the Toyota design team (exluding the FT86) and head more toward what VW are offering. new series of Vtec turbo motor for a start, say 1.5 turbo, a new high rev 2.0 L and a new 2.0L turbo.

Fredoops
07-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Well I bought my Vti there 3 months ago and price was $1.2K cheaper than any of the other Stealership would offer.

Dont think the other dealerships will be too concerned, probably happy to see Damelian gonski !

Seriously Honda need to pull the design finger out and stop following the Toyota design team (exluding the FT86) and head more toward what VW are offering. new series of Vtec turbo motor for a start, say 1.5 turbo, a new high rev 2.0 L and a new 2.0L turbo.

Nah... They'll just design more hybrids.

BlackCU2
07-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Seriously Honda need to pull the design finger out and stop following the Toyota design team (exluding the FT86) and head more toward what VW are offering. new series of Vtec turbo motor for a start, say 1.5 turbo, a new high rev 2.0 L and a new 2.0L turbo.[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of a VTEC TURBO

I CU2
07-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I like the idea of a VTEC HYBRID POWAAAAAAAAAR. + OWL.

natnat
07-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I like the idea of a VTEC TURBO

BMW has done it, eg: BMW 135i N55 engine... TwinPower Turbo, High Precision Injection and VALVETRONIC in a new straight-six gasoline engine...The new straight-six is the world`s first engine to combine turbocharging, direct gasoline injection and fully variable VALVETRONIC valve management developed by BMW.

it's pretty fast.. my nose was at its mid body in 0-110kmh..

praja6
07-09-2011, 04:18 PM
"People who know Mr Damelian well said yesterday it had also been the collapse of sales by Honda in Australia in the past four years that had triggered the receivership"

I heard Rick was the largest Honda dealer in Sydney. BUt when i bought the car the service was good. I think the same salesguy i dealt with also Natnat dealt with as well. Larke @ Homebush dudes were very rude to me when i ask for the price... Mainthing is when i bought the new euro last year end of March only rick can able to do that cheap price in sydney, as i been to few dealership before hand including larke..

BlackCU2
07-09-2011, 06:22 PM
I heard Rick was the largest Honda dealer in Sydney. BUt when i bought the car the service was good. I think the same salesguy i dealt with also Natnat dealt with as well. Larke @ Homebush dudes were very rude to me when i ask for the price... Mainthing is when i bought the new euro last year end of March only rick can able to do that cheap price in sydney, as i been to few dealership before hand including larke..

i got the asian guy that sits in the corner near the rear entrance of the dealership at lark @homebush.

Fredoops
07-09-2011, 08:13 PM
i got the asian guy that sits in the corner near the rear entrance of the dealership at lark @homebush.

he sold me my honda.... I think 7 yrs ago

andyn
07-09-2011, 11:33 PM
yup they give you like 4 nice chocolates with every service :)

heyy... i never got any chocolates =[

Irving
08-09-2011, 02:05 AM
I had the misfortune of dealing with Honda Australia regarding the ping (PCS) issue (they are a bunch of clowns). I am certain there are many current and EX Honda owners who will agree with me. As some have stated many times on previous threads, Honda's focus seems to have shifted to producing the Jazzzzzzzzzzzz........

antony
08-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Honda should bring in the DIESEL Euro ASAP,as it would sell like hotcakes locally too...

I CU2
08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Hopefully the diesel doesn't sound like a tractor :(

BlackCU2
08-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Honda should bring in the DIESEL Euro ASAP,as it would sell like hotcakes locally too...

i dont know about a Diesel EURO or any hond ain diesel... it may sound like a tractor like most diesel. but thats just me:)

antony
08-09-2011, 08:09 PM
The 2.2 diesel is highly acclaimed,and more Euros are sold through out Europe with this motor,than any other.
Also popular in South Africa.

Diesel sedans in this class are very popular locally,and Honda should offer it as an option.

Kay_lee
08-09-2011, 09:45 PM
The service down at larke homebush is crap and theyre so rude.

SPQR
08-09-2011, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't leave a deposit with a business in receivership...

praja6
08-09-2011, 10:58 PM
NOw question is what they gonna do with the cars already in stock? Are they going to return back to the manufacturers? or sell it in cheap price?

I CU2
08-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't leave a deposit with a business in receivership...

I read in the news they're not sure what's the go with the deposit or people who got extended warranty?

SPQR
08-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Once in receivership, everything is frozen. People that paid deposits or paid for a new car and are expecting delivery need to make a claim with the receiver. Otherwise, just because you think its your money or your car doesn't mean you'll get it. You become a creditor and wait in line for the crumbs.

praja6
09-09-2011, 12:48 AM
I read in the news they're not sure what's the go with the deposit or people who got extended warranty?

if u get extended warranty from honda with roadside assist same as i got no problem, as the warranty repair can be done withiin 5yr period by any honda dealers.

has ever rick sold their own extended warranty? may be problem for people got their paint and other protctions as those protection warranty is from dealer.

aaronng
09-09-2011, 08:04 AM
i dont know about a Diesel EURO or any hond ain diesel... it may sound like a tractor like most diesel. but thats just me:)

Honda's diesel is one of the few that doesn't sound like a tractor. It was available with the CL9 in Europe but was not sold here in Aus.

Irving
09-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Honda's diesel is one of the few that doesn't sound like a tractor. It was available with the CL9 in Europe but was not sold here in Aus.

The Jaguar XF Diesel is a beauty and only 5k more than a Honda Accord (in the UK). I know what I will be trading up to......

XF 3.0D Executive Edition
REPRESENTATIVE EXAMPLE
On the Road Price £31,900

How about this for a deal?

Pay around 50% now, then after two years, either pay the balance outstanding or return the car to us.

REPRESENTATIVE EXAMPLE

This offer is available at participating Jaguar dealers only.
Customer Deposit £15,407
GMFV (Optional Final Payment) (Includes £295 fee) £16,493
Total Amount Payable by Customer £31,900
Duration (Months) 24
Rate of interest (fixed) 0%
Representative APR 0%

aaronng
09-09-2011, 07:56 PM
The Jaguar XF Diesel is a beauty and only 5k more than a Honda Accord (in the UK). I know what I will be trading up to......

XF 3.0D Executive Edition
REPRESENTATIVE EXAMPLE

How about this for a deal?

Pay around 50% now, then after two years, either pay the balance outstanding or return the car to us.

REPRESENTATIVE EXAMPLE

This offer is available at participating Jaguar dealers only.
Customer Deposit £15,407
GMFV (Optional Final Payment) (Includes £295 fee) £16,493
Total Amount Payable by Customer £31,900
Duration (Months) 24
Rate of interest (fixed) 0%
Representative APR 0%

Too bad when that gets here, Jaguar bump up the price to get more profit and it gets into the luxury car bracket which gives it a tax hit on top. So it is no longer just 5k extra on top of the Euro anymore.

Cheapest brand new XF model:

Price Guide $93,815*
2011 Jaguar XF X250
4 door Sedan
10.5L / 100km
6 speed, Sports Automatic
6 cylinder, 3.0 litre engine