PDA

View Full Version : events

fried
15-12-2003, 06:09 PM
we need to have some sort of NEW way of discussing outings, meetings etc......
enough said, im sure u undersatnd what i mean.
but obvoiulsy we cant really discuss thisa here on the forum cos its the same as posting up etc rah rah rah....

joneblaze
15-12-2003, 06:24 PM
MSN Messenger 6.1.

XXpl0Sive
15-12-2003, 06:34 PM
I agree. Word of mouth, otherwise I or someone will PM relevant people details of upcoming meets.

mo
15-12-2003, 07:09 PM
lol but that will all come crashing down...maybe just basical details but for more detailed shit to call up whoever is organising it and they'll email you or PM you of fkn SEX you the more detailed details!

Chi
15-12-2003, 07:30 PM
well if u want, we can password lock da irc channel and to access the channel you need to ask someone like the admin for da password to be pm'ed to them...

And we change the password every often or something............

you can discuss meetings there plus u can have many ppl on at once.....

Dont diss me for this, im just giving a suggestion.....

Setanta
15-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Set up a mailing list maybe?

Actually, the current system seems ok, when it stays on topic :)

vti-2
15-12-2003, 07:42 PM
IRC/chat program is the best place to discuss this. I've noticed our Events section being flooded by even the smallest cruise events. Not saying anything against anyone but with smaller events, if you guys/girls can organise them in private or on IRC that would relieve that section a bit and also give you all a bit more privacy. Don't forget, the forums are open to the public and anyone can register and browse the forums.

joneblaze
15-12-2003, 07:54 PM
but Vic, isn't that the idea of the Events section? for EVENTS? i dont think most are concerned bout the section being "flooded", but more about privavy, etc.
Why does it matter if it's a 5 or 50 person meet? A meet/cruise is an event right? And posting up will always enable more ppl to hear about it and for organiser to be able to gauge interest and numbers. MSN-IRC chat/SMS/PM's are great for individual arrangements...but a threads so much easier for ppl to have their say and organise......... chill bro! :)

XXpl0Sive
15-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Yeh I agree with Jon there too.
We will look into it further as a public forum to organise events is just a bit too public knowing that somebody could just sign up and read all the details of where we will be.

vti-2
15-12-2003, 08:11 PM
I am chilling and agree with you 100%. Organising events is one of the main things, it helps build the club.

What i was getting at is that if you guys are having problems on cruises or are finding you are getting the wrong kind of attention, it's time to take some of those cruises (OP runs in particular) to private.

I think you shouldn't complain if you are organising cruises/meets that anyone can read about. Simple.

By the way, Ben just told me what happened on the recent 'run'. I reckon it's just stiff shit, there really isn't any point bitching here (no offense meant).

Just my 2c.

joneblaze
15-12-2003, 08:18 PM
im 100% with u.
i've never organised anything on OH forums and have tried to keep the regurgitation of the wkends events off the boards. :)

vti-2
15-12-2003, 08:21 PM
:thumbsup:

Bottom line is if you don't want people to know about your event, organise it off the forums and in private with the members.

Otherwise, post up in Events for our community to see and for our members to be able to go along to. Which is what i encourage. :)

wynode
15-12-2003, 11:24 PM
I think everything has been covered here. But just to reiterate, the idea of the events forum is for other to come and meet up to. But being a public forum obviously means that otherw will see this info.

We've tried to restric it by making the Events forum only viewable to members, but if there certain events you don't want publicised (ie op runs) then you will have to do that privately.

And while we're on the topic, remember OzHonda has nothing to do with any events that are posted in the events forum (as per the T&C).

FeedbacK?

A'PEXi
15-12-2003, 11:29 PM
:thumbsup:

Bottom line is if you don't want people to know about your event, organise it off the forums and in private with the members.

Otherwise, post up in Events for our community to see and for our members to be able to go along to. Which is what i encourage. :)

ditto.

vti-2
16-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by wynode:
And while we're on the topic, remember OzHonda has nothing to do with any events that are posted in the events forum (as per the T&C).

That is in a legal sense. We encourage meets/cruises but we aren't responsible for what happens.

wynode
16-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by wynode:

That is in a legal sense. We encourage meets/cruises but we aren't responsible for what happens.

More specifically, we encourage posting in this forum in order to communicate more effectively. :)

RichieTougeBattle
08-01-2004, 08:05 PM
yeah i agree with u wyn :)

18-01-2004, 08:12 AM
agreed ;)

wynode
18-01-2004, 11:26 PM
This is a public forum, and hence the PUBLIC will see what gets posted. If you don't want the public to see, then don't post :)