PDA

View Full Version : DC5R HKS HiSilent Catback and DC Sports 4-2-1 Header Fitment

Peachy
07-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Hey Guys and Gals, hope we're all doing well tonight :wave:,

I currently have a DC5R with a freshly installed HKS HiSilent Catback exhaust system. I'm looking into getting a new header and have narrowed it down to DC for their affordability and mild improvements. This is the DC header that I have my eye on: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370453741697?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2606wt_905

If I get this header, is it just a direct bolt on to the catalytic converter, can I still run a cat? Is any welding/modifying involved in the process of installation?

Thanks in advance for your help :thumbsup:

Kindest Regards
Peachy

DA9B18C
07-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Pretty sure u will need an aftermarket sway bar, as the part that clears the exhaust will be a diff size/shape.

Also, I think the part u want to bid on is only the top section of the header, u might also need the bottom bit which will be the part with the cat then the system u bought will bolt to that.

Sorry if that explanation is a litle confusing.

Hope it helps

lemmiwinks
08-09-2011, 07:15 PM
That DC header should bolt onto your stock cat converter. Looks like a 4-1 header in the pics though.

Peachy
08-09-2011, 07:59 PM
That DC header should bolt onto your stock cat converter. Looks like a 4-1 header in the pics though.

Thanks mate, can anyone confirm if this bolts straight onto the stock cat converter?