PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to remove a Repairable Write-off on REVS?

mattsrea
08-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Hey guys i was wondering if i repair the damage that is causing the Repairable Write-off notifcation, is it possible to clear the record on the car?

egads
08-09-2011, 06:20 PM
No.

seihoa
08-09-2011, 06:20 PM
No

Lol

raffyboy
08-09-2011, 06:23 PM
No Chance - unless you are a dodge bastard :-D

trism
08-09-2011, 06:34 PM
No Chance - unless you are a dodge bastard :-D

not even if youre a dodge bastard

BoostnDC2
08-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Repairing it and getting it inspected will remove it from the WOVR, but it will still appear as having accident history on the REVS

DakDak
08-09-2011, 07:18 PM
There is a way I've been told. But I rather not disclose cause I know your gonna sell it to some poor bloke.

mattsrea
08-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Oh god, if i repair the damage area, get it inspected and certified, would it still be in REVS if i moved interstate? Because i'm planning to move and wanted to bring my car with me :(

bennjamin
08-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Why do you want to remove this title ? I mean , you still want to keep the car....

Unless you want to get rid of it in another state with the new buyer not knowing ?

How about this - give us your rego details so we all know what car to AVOID

mattsrea
08-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Why do you want to remove this title ? I mean , you still want to keep the car....

Unless you want to get rid of it in another state with the new buyer not knowing ?

How about this - give us your rego details so we all know what car to AVOID

Noo i dont wanna get rid of it in another state or anything i wanna take it down with me, but like in the folowing decade or so i might sell u know what i mean?

bennjamin
08-09-2011, 09:43 PM
If it's repaired properly....the future owner will not mind. Just be honest not asking for dodgy alternatives...

Super-DA9
08-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah I can understand that. It's reasonable for you, but imagine being the person who buys your car in said decade being told it's never had an accident, and then finding evidence of a write-off accident later when doing maintainance on your car.

if it was me I would be pissed. if you sell your car, no matter when, please do the right thing and be honest.

Indie
08-09-2011, 09:48 PM
If it could be removed, there would be no point. It lets everybody know that it's been in an accident, and denying this information to a potential buyer would be dodgy as ****. Keep the car, and be honest about its history.

mattsrea
09-09-2011, 06:51 AM
If it could be removed, there would be no point. It lets everybody know that it's been in an accident, and denying this information to a potential buyer would be dodgy as ****. Keep the car, and be honest about its history.

Yeah thats true. Thanks for your opinion guys i'm gonna keep it and just work on it as a project.

GSi_PSi
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM
I remember a mate who used to work at the auctions said dealers used to buy heaps of cars and are able to remove the salvage title provided they go through some heavy thorough inspection thru RTA/PITS/EPA and it cant be any major panel damage only stolen recovered/ hail damage/ very light damaged vehicles.