PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

ajphillips92
09-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey guys

Just bought my first car about a month ago, after driving around my parents CRV and Civic. Decided to go for a Accord and picked up a nice 03 Euro model

Im also new to this forum thing and not too sure how it works and all that but Im sure ill catch on quick

Anyway I just wanted to know Im looking at doing a few things to the car like de-winging it, getting 18" black rims and lowering it, but I am pretty keen on making it louder to compete with my mates WRX's. Just wondering what is the best way to make my car sound louder and also how much it would cost?

P.S. I don't know anything about cars so I probably wont understand a lot of fancy terms you may use haha

Cheers

MR_LATE
09-09-2011, 11:23 AM
...dont waste money to compete in sound with wrx.....

and good choice on car

BennyH
09-09-2011, 12:18 PM
straight pipe from cat to make it rediculously loud.

DLO01
09-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Hai! And welcome!

vtecing
09-09-2011, 01:57 PM
pull the exhaust off completely and pull one of your spark plug leads out = free wrx noise

DCZ 18C
09-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Take of the piping from the intake box to the resonator... Makes euros sound awesome... And a bonus it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to do..:)

MR_LATE
10-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Will b loud but still sound like nothing (nice) when placed next to a rex...

ajphillips92
10-09-2011, 01:52 AM
yeah i understand that ill never be able to get the grumble of a rex, and i dont want to make my car loud but sound raspy with no nice tone to it. i was speaking to my mates and they reckon to get a diff back exhaust or a cat back. what are your guys thoughts on that, and do you know any good brands reasonable priced?

GU357
11-09-2011, 12:29 AM
For sound:
Look on ebay or gumtree or on here in the market place and look for Cold air intake to suit your car. give it a roarier engine sound
Go down to a muffler or exhaust shop ask them if u can get a hot dog style cannon, that will do it, should be able to make it compete with a WRX if u get the right muffler.
but if you want a really nice ricer noise try get urself a HKS axleback (equivalent of diffback) or a CAT back. Or you could even look around like like in the market place of the forum for a muffler to suit your car, even try ebay.

to lower it, the cheapest way is low springs, like kings springs and then installing them.
if you dunno how go to a suspension shop ie pedders (pedders would have quite a bit for your car).
but if you want good handling characteristics and wanna spend some more, buy some coilovers.

black 18" rims, check out the market place on here find something in your area, try to get JDM rims dont get that Advanti/CSA cheap rims, that sh*t is horrid.

good luck with your ride (Y)

ajphillips92
11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
yep so ive decided that im going to get an Injen CAI first up, and then next am looking at a catback exhaust. ive spent hours reading and watching videos of different brands of catbacks and am just wondering what is the best. the two ive sort of narrowed it down to are the skunk2 and fujitsubo. now i know that the skunk2 is louder than the fujitsubo and that is what i want, i just dont want it to be loud and raspy, want a nice deep roar sort of to it. just wondering if the skunk2 will be what im looking for then?

GU357
12-09-2011, 12:40 AM
oooh thats a hard one.
i know what u mean by a roar, if u want it to roar then that means u r gonna want one with more baffling, the ones which have less baffling usually sound cackly and higher pitched (which im presuming is what u mean by raspy).
see if u can find some vids on utube of them.

ajphillips92
12-09-2011, 12:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50gFMTcENU&feature=related

this is the best one ive found, but am just wondering also if there are any brands sold in perth that will give the same sound as this to save the hassle of shipping from the us

GU357
12-09-2011, 01:00 AM
hmm sounds mean.
try xforce

ajphillips92
09-11-2011, 01:00 AM
first mod successful.. skunk2 exhaust installed :)

GU357
09-11-2011, 12:08 PM
gratz mate, post us some pics

ajphillips92
10-11-2011, 10:15 PM
pics and vids coming soon. stay tuned

GU357
11-11-2011, 12:02 AM
kool.