PDA

View Full Version : what happens when i buy a car and want to sell it straight away

YBJLS4
09-09-2011, 08:22 PM
for example, lets say i buy a car, but find that my dad doesn't want it for whatever reason, the car is pretty much worth nothing, but i want to know about the paper work, instead of me going in to the RTA and paying for the name transfer, then selling it and the next buyer goes and does his name transfer, can i just give it to the buyer for him to do it? or what happens? do i write a letter with my signature saying that this that and the car is being bought by the new owner and under his name?

lets say i bought it day 1, and selling it day 5.

Alexplicit
09-09-2011, 09:48 PM
you get cranky for buying a car you didnt want 5 days later :D

im pre sure you just get the forms from the rta and sign it off to the new owner, remember your only allowed to buy/sell 5 cars in your name PER YEAR before you need to have a dealers licence.

Bulbasaur
09-09-2011, 10:46 PM
thought it was 4 cars a year

Alexplicit
10-09-2011, 07:38 AM
could be pre sure it is actually my mistake

trism
10-09-2011, 08:29 AM
It doesn't even matter. I've heard that rumour tthrown around, but know a Guy that went thru 15 cars in a year. And nothing happened.

Alexplicit
10-09-2011, 12:48 PM
luck, the guy i work with basically buys and sells cars at least 4-6 a month, never puts them in his name, however he did get busted once for having too many in his name, guess its just luck,

Bulbasaur
10-09-2011, 06:10 PM
you do get caught, my dad got caught but 15/year is nothing

Vvvtec
11-09-2011, 11:38 PM
for example, lets say i buy a car, but find that my dad doesn't want it for whatever reason, the car is pretty much worth nothing, but i want to know about the paper work, instead of me going in to the RTA and paying for the name transfer, then selling it and the next buyer goes and does his name transfer, can i just give it to the buyer for him to do it? or what happens? do i write a letter with my signature saying that this that and the car is being bought by the new owner and under his name?

lets say i bought it day 1, and selling it day 5.

What. The. Fcuk.

x3cindymichael
12-09-2011, 11:34 PM
if you got fresh transfer papers , you can just write up a piece of paper saying you sold the car to the other buyer and attach them together. this worked for me. also would be good to let the old seller know the details of the new buyer for safety reasons (incase new buyer does not transfer) .. (has happened to me .. saved me many times) . hope this helps . goodluck