PDA

View Full Version : Uneven tyre wear - Help

slingsy
10-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey everyone

I'm getting a lot of wear on my front left tyres outside edge as opposed to right, could this be from the last wheel alignment? I'm thinking that the toe might be pointed in more so than the right side. (do they do this to make to car drive straight for every day road car - please correct me if wrong). Did about 5k km on the tyres spirited etc.
I've researched details on bring toe back even but not trying anything yet.

Am just looking for some advice on toe and settings/ setting up my car for even tyre wear, just bought new rubber and want to get all I can out of them and plan on tracking soon.
It's a 00 dc2r stock sussy etc, only got tyres fit/bal because it would seem the average tyre fitter is hopeless in correct alignment - waste of money.

Reason I say that is because this is happening to a van I drive (daily), front left outside edge is almost completely bald and car pulls to the left now, right side still looks very fresh after 10k km. It had a wheel alignment when I bought the tyres new. I will rotate on this car for the time being.

Any info/tips would be much appreciated. I'm very fresh to suspension and surrounding parts so go easy on me :D

Thanks.

trism
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Def wheel alignment problem. A combination of toe and camber.

Also may be aggravated by not checking tyre pressures

slingsy
11-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Def wheel alignment problem. A combination of toe and camber.

Also may be aggravated by not checking tyre pressures

Please elaborate.. and tyre pressure couldn't really be a problem check them regularly never left it longer than a month only drop in pressure was the cold weather and I was onto it.

c'mon guys any one do their own alignments??

dee-y
14-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Since your from BNE, you could give Ken at accurate suspension a go or the guys at City suspension, both are around the slacks creek moss st area. Probably two of the best known places.