PDA

View Full Version : Horn wiring?

2GOOD123
14-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Hey guys I have what hopes to be a very simple solution to quite an annoying problem that I have.

Firstly I have a 00' ek civic and I made the smart idea of removing my old steering wheel with an aftermarket steering wheel and momo boss kit combination (no airbag).

Once i soldered the wire to the steering wheel's horn button (which worked surprisingly well) I dropped the steering wheel and thus pulled the wire right out of the steering column, so I was left with basically no way of reaching the wire.

I'm just wondering what my options are for now? do I have to do a full rewiring from the horn itself? (if so how would i go about this?) or is there a more simple option such as running a wire from the fuse box etc?

ECU-MAN
14-09-2011, 09:17 AM
well if you damaged the clock spring then you have to replace it. ( they cost about $600 new I think )

zhong
14-09-2011, 11:46 AM
The horn wire that you can't reach, should lead to the fuse box somehow through the steering column... Find the right one and just splice a new wire and run it through again... Shouldn't be a hard fix... That's if I understood your question and situation correctly. (The horn signal wire got torn when you dropped your steering wheel, it ripped very short and you can't reach it?)

hubla
14-09-2011, 12:20 PM
A good idea in also fog lights. They will help you to scare away people who can't hear your horn?

2GOOD123
14-09-2011, 02:58 PM
The horn wire that you can't reach, should lead to the fuse box somehow through the steering column... Find the right one and just splice a new wire and run it through again... Shouldn't be a hard fix... That's if I understood your question and situation correctly. (The horn signal wire got torn when you dropped your steering wheel, it ripped very short and you can't reach it?)

Thanks, yeh that's the problem exactly, I'm trying to currently find where the wire leads to the fuse box having abit of trouble atm locating to which fuse it goes, don't suppose anyone knows which fuse the horn wire leads to?