PDA

View Full Version : Viper Alarm Help

barefootbonzai
14-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi,

I brought my car with the Viper Alarm aready installed. I have no idea what model it is, but the picture of the remote is below. My car has been off the road for like 2 weeks now, and the my machanic just installed a new dizzy, but it seem like the alarm has immobilsed the car.

I called autobarn, and all they said was press the unlock button twice and it should fix it up, i told my machanic to try it but he reckons it's not working. I haven't seen my car yet, but i'm told that some light is flashing (immobilised light i'm guessing).

Doesn't anyone have any ideas on how to un immobilise it? Does anyone have the same remote and a manual?

http://www.drdetailshop.com/474lg.jpg

civiceg9
14-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Immobilser usually is a relay for the car starter circuits
unplug your battery and then unplug the alarm unit. Connect the battery back and try starting your car. If not try to plug back in your alarm unit and press reset switch if u have one.
other method is to hold down one of your buttons for 10-15sec and see what happens.

EuroAccord13
15-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Or just call up the company and ask for help :P

vtc
15-02-2005, 01:43 AM
try to find the reset button. Theres one hidden somewhere when the alarm is installed. On one of the panels hidden away. Kick panels of drivers side or passenger side. just poke your head under and look.

bungsai
15-02-2005, 11:20 AM
nooo dont tell them where my reset button is!!

Hrrm that remote looks like most of the viper alarm remotes ;)

i'd hazard a guess and say that it would the viper 491XV purely cos it is the most commonly found viper alarm...i think....dont quote me on it though....if you are still stuck ill check out my manual when i get home...see if i can help u out

jackosimm
15-02-2005, 11:22 AM
yeh most of those remotes are the same, Id be going with unplug the battery and then alarm, and re connect it all