PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

getm_up
15-09-2011, 07:00 AM
hey guys, im looking to get a set of coilovers for my EK Sedan.
i was looking at KSport Kontrol Pro Damper System, but i see alot of people slamming them.
Anyone have any suggestions to a good coilover, street and track use.

nzjdm
17-09-2011, 06:21 PM
ill get shot down for this but i run Pedders coilovers in my track car, there 30 point damper adjustable and height with out changing the spring rate or shock travel.
there a basically a bc base but have the spring rates changed and other small valving tickles to make them a better set up in Aus i use them hard and at this point am issue free, ill know more when i come up against another car like mine with other shocks... in saying that its all about price these are good value i cant all afford the ohlins or Bilstiens id like

clubracer
27-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I got some D2s and also D2 brake kit from autosports australia. Haven't put them in yet but I also heard a lot of shit about D2/Ksport but it was mostly from people who didn't have any experience with them or guys with no idea who think anything other than Japanese or Euro is trash!!!

stndrd
28-10-2011, 06:49 PM
i have run tein monoflex 10kg2/mm (f), 6kg2/mm(r) in my eg after running d2's with unknown but much stiffer spring rates and the monoflexs have held up well after alot of mountain runs and now track days. i have driven on all kinds of coilovers from d2/ksport, the pedders mentioned above, right thru to aragosta and bilstiens.
at the end of the day it all comes down to how much you are willing to spend and what corresponding mods your are going to do with the coilovers. The main thing you need to remember is that it is very hard to find a good in between of street and track. what is good on the street will usually be s**t on the track and vis versa. if the car is mainly going to be for daily driving, with a bit of track here and there, don't go to stiff on the spring rates as aussie roads + super stiff spring rates = valving sh*ting itself very quickly.
if you are willing to spend a bit of coin on your coilovers, i would recommend KW. i will be switching to these in the new year and the valving in them are suited to australian roads/tracks quite nicely as KW do all their damper testing at the nurburgring (nurburgring is quite a bumpy track in places, which is quite like australian roads in general)

nigs
06-11-2011, 08:34 AM
How much money do you have really.....

D2 is rubbish.

Can't really answer the question till you know how much street and track you'll use it for and how much you have to spend.

As with most things, the more you spend the better it's going to be.

Oxer
15-11-2011, 10:24 AM
I love threads like this.

almost every shock these days are made in the same taiwanese factory, for probably 75% of the big brand name companies.

some Tein, D2, K-sport, BC among others all use the same components, they are just painted/coated in different colours, have different locking rings and different stickers on them.

BC coilovers are roughly $1300, are great value for money and are readily available.

subie
15-11-2011, 10:31 AM
what would be the ideal spring rate on BC coilovers to suit EK1 , for street use only (not gonna see any track)

cheers

stndrd
15-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Ref my previous post

Oxer
15-11-2011, 11:13 AM
what would be the ideal spring rate on BC coilovers to suit EK1 , for street use only (not gonna see any track)

cheers

What they come with standard. 8f 6r