PDA

View Full Version : Lowered Springs

Paul.Z
16-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey guys...got me self a new set of rims (excited!) and now i need lower my baby..and recommendations on what brand springs to buy?
...and dont say get coilovers cause i just dont have that money lying around..im on an apprentice wage. :P
Thanks.

sdx91
17-09-2011, 11:52 AM
im on eibach pro kit they pretty decent.. got them off a guy on forum for 150 used for like 5000kms.. look around post a thread on wanted to buy section. i also heard king springs are alright and tein super compact or something. show us a pic of the rims :D

kennethgqr
17-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I recently lowered my cAr using teins s tech lowering springs. Quite happy with the result. If you want I can post a pic up for you to see how it looks like

Paul.Z
17-09-2011, 05:41 PM
awesome guys..thanks for that

GU357
17-09-2011, 06:26 PM
i hear the Teins are really good, especially the coilovers.

Since i saw that you wanted to buy a CAI in Sydney i presume you dont like ordering things online ahaha.
so you would probably then want to buy them second hand of someone on this forum, or take it to a suspension shop.

Paul.Z
17-09-2011, 06:34 PM
ahaha...i do prefer to buy it at a store face to face :P and a CAI online are all new..and REALLY expensive.
but i wont go to a suspension shop cause they're over priced and im an apprentice mechanic and i can install them myself.

GU357
17-09-2011, 06:49 PM
OH! in that case, just buy some springs on Ebay they can be pretty cheap now. pickup some S techs from the US at like $350

Paul.Z
17-09-2011, 07:15 PM
ahhkays..sweet...i'll have a look around

fillit
18-09-2011, 12:54 AM
+1 to tein springs, ran them on my car for about 40,000kms. no problems whatsoever, and it kept it high enough to clear most obstacles.

EG52NV
18-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Tien s tech springs mated with stock struts will give little to no handling improvement, cat will just look good but still handle like a dingy.

fillit
18-09-2011, 01:06 PM
to be honest, you really need strut bars to improve the handling...... i've driven the jazz with/without the front/rear strut bars, and it just walloped all over the road...

edit: i was driving an ae111 during the time i was parting out the jazz, so i used that as a point in comparison.

ss-rotel
19-09-2011, 10:05 PM
kings springs are easy to get, and cheap. They are constant rate, and quite stiff @ the back, so the handling definately improves, and clearence isn't an issue it's "only" a 15mm drop, but still looks the goods.

i dont think you can drop them much more unless you replace the struts, and that proved difficult, (locally to me, you can only buy gen. honda OEM.)

you'd be better off just going coil overs if you need struts and springs. TEIN list a strut replacement, but unless you can get them grey imported from indonesia, TEIN aust will not bring them in for you.

there are some cheap coil overs on Ebay, and if you're not tooo worried about handling, then they'll do the job yeah? obviously, you get what you pay for... :)