PDA

View Full Version : ek swap info needed

dillon.ornelas
17-09-2011, 03:53 PM
it turns out having an ek instead of an eg makes my life slightly more interesting. lots of swap info on eg's. my plan is to put a b16a in my ek which has a d16. all i need to know is
1.what axles and mounts to use? my common sense is telling me to use vtir ones.
2.need help in wiring. i assume i will need to add wiring for the vtec solinoid etc. need as much accurate wiring info as possible.

3. if i were to put a gsr b18c could i use the same axles and mounts as the b16a swap or go hasport parts, and again wiring info

thanks peeps (and yes i have used the search button, whored it in fact)

ringo
23-09-2011, 05:17 PM
From memory...

Axels: B series should be the same, important thing is to get the half-shaft (intermediate shaft) that corresponds with the engine you are putting in. After that, any b series manual axels should do.

Mounts: your mounts are fine, it is your brackets that are different. You will need a rear engine bracket and LH engine bracket off an EK4. I got these off ebay fairly cheap. In the US the car is a 'Si', so search for that. I had trouble getting a hold of second hand ones.

Wiring: assuming you are currently vtec-less, you will need to wire in Vtec pressure switch, Vtec solenoid and knock sensor. The rest depends on obd versions I think. E.g. there are different distributor plugs for different versions. If you're dropping in a B18c2 and depending on your ECU choice, you will need to wire in the IAB for the secondary butterflies I think.

Try google search, there is plenty of info on US sites especially. Take the above as a rough guide, it's been awhile since my swap and I've tried to forget it.

Joel

Limbo
24-09-2011, 01:27 AM
1. Use the VTIR ones, all the B's are the same barring later model ITR ones which the outer ends have a larger diameter
2. Sorry wiring was not my strong point
3. B18c (GSR, i'm assuming you mean vtir) all the same