PDA

View Full Version : dc2 vtir seats to fit ek rails in eg civic

x3cindymichael
19-09-2011, 12:26 AM
noob question !

so i have a eg hatch civic with stock ek1 seats in it right now , running ek rails. 3 out of 4 bolts line up, 4th bolt sits slightly... but wriggles (took it out .. doesn't bother me).

anyways my question is , will dc2 integra vti-r seats fit on my ek rails? so i can fit them into my eg? if so how would i go about doing this? how do the rails come off the my stock ek seats? do they just bolt off? then i can bolt the ek rails onto my dc2 seats?

if not.. then why can't this work

just looking for more bucketier seats ..

cheers fellas, all help apprectiated

EG52NV
19-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Dude you are noob hahaha dc2 seats are straight swap into an eg! All 4 bolt holes will line up unlike the EK rails. You don't need the EK rails

x3cindymichael
19-09-2011, 12:36 PM
the vtir seats don't come with rails. i know dc2 seats swap straight into a eg

JohnnyWalked
19-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Dude you are noob hahaha dc2 seats are straight swap into an eg! All 4 bolt holes will line up unlike the EK rails. You don't need the EK rails

He has ek seats fitted into his eg atm, his question is will those ek rails bolt onto dc2 seats and how would you go about doing it

and as he just said he's getting dc2 seats with no rails which leads to the "noob question" that he posted

most likely he doesnt want to go around hunting for eg or dc2 rails to fit onto the dc2 seats

blabla
19-09-2011, 04:02 PM
He has ek seats fitted into his eg atm, his question is will those ek rails bolt onto dc2 seats and how would you go about doing it

and as he just said he's getting dc2 seats with no rails which leads to the "noob question" that he posted

most likely he doesnt want to go around hunting for eg or dc2 rails to fit onto the dc2 seats

I used my rails ej8 rails on the GSI seats which fit onto the seats

EG52NV
19-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Well OP Never stated the dc2 seats did not have rails...

Yes in that case unbolt EK rails from EK seats very straight forward just undo all bolts/nuts untill rails come off seat then do the reverse to install rails to dc2 seat, ive done it b4 mounting points of stock rails is interchangeable

x3cindymichael
19-09-2011, 10:50 PM
ok thanks and sorry for not stating it just thought you'd think i would know to use the dc2 rails if they were already there instead of using the ek.

thanks for the help fellas

EG52NV
20-09-2011, 08:19 AM
WTH happened to the dc2 seat rails?

x3cindymichael
20-09-2011, 11:12 AM
the seats just don't come with rails

EG52NV
20-09-2011, 05:10 PM
the seats just don't come with rails

Hence my question WTH happened to the rails... Who keeps seats without rails and then gives them to someone else... It's like giving a friend a used condom lol

x3cindymichael
20-09-2011, 10:35 PM
lol . any got eg rails for sale?