PDA

View Full Version : supercharged manual odyssey RB1

Punisha00
19-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Hi guys,
got some questions for you and yes i have searched however the details on what i want to do are sketchy at best.to start off with the easiest questions first.
1. confirm that the intake and exhaust ports are the same fitment as the K20 head? (a supercharger kit for a k20 will bolt on a k24 head)
2. Now for the good one. I want to take the k24 with the manual box and the pedal box from the accord(acura TSX). will this be a straight swap? using a Kpro hondata ecu.
Thanks for any help guys

Simon

Philip Lee
19-09-2011, 09:37 AM
sorry i dun have answer to your question but i just wonder fitting an manual box, where is the shifter going to be placed....

Punisha00
19-09-2011, 11:39 AM
well i havnt pulled the dash apart yet but with the auto shifter gone the the manual shifter will take its place on the dash(maybe with some light massaging) like most people movers

tseesinngwailo
19-09-2011, 11:42 AM
I so want to see this become a featured build thread!

Philip Lee
19-09-2011, 12:25 PM
so it will be something like the EP3 then?!

AusAccord
19-09-2011, 01:20 PM
very deep questions from OP....

am not sure K20 has the same head as K24 but have seen K20 kit bolt onto K24 with modifications (what kind of modification then i don't know)
i have only seen one RB in this world with manual gearbox from DC5R but not mounting on dash like EP3 and running K20A as well as i remember.

Philip Lee
19-09-2011, 02:00 PM
i personally think supercharging won't be too hard as ppl have done it.

but manual conversion is another matter....

Punisha00
19-09-2011, 03:53 PM
thanks for the enthusiasm guys. well I will explain the reasoning behind it, I have 4 kids and as so i required a 7 seater, now I dont 4x4 so wasnt goin to buy one, tarago/van.... not as long as im breathing, which left suburbans I'm not keen on owning a holden or ford which pretty much left me with one option :D Honda odyssey.(yes i know there is a few other companies that also make 7 seaters Nissan, mits, dodge, kia) But i wanted something that could still handle like a car as the power can always come later(in the way of the beautiful sound of a supercharger :)and I despise autos so which lead me wanting to do this)

As im not in the country atm its hard to really see what im up against but as I see it the accord K24a should have roughly the same mount brackets/points has the odyssey k24a, the shifter will mount like ep3 and the pedal box being my concern as how close the clutch pedal to the foot brake is.

I have noticed the some of the guys have put the head from a k20 on the k24 block, is it a straight swap or is there more to it??

Philip Lee
20-09-2011, 09:25 AM
the K24 on the Odyssey is inferior to the K24 on the Accord Euro. i guess it's probably best to source a K24/6speed from a CL9 and go from there.

as i said i think a CL9 K24 swap with a bolt on supercharger is definitely doable. i still have doubts about manual conversion, particularly the linkage and neat fitment of the shifter.

i guess if you want a car like people mover that goes fast, maybe an Exiga would be easier to perform engine swap/manual conversion.