PDA

View Full Version : Transferring NSW to VIC. *solved*

Vicks
19-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Problem solved - No VIV required for interstate vehicles.

Solution? Don't go Carlton VicRoads.

s2krazie
20-09-2011, 11:38 AM
You didn't happen to buy off a fella from southbank did you?

garett
20-09-2011, 12:18 PM
wow, not a good start. hope all is ok.

civicVI
20-09-2011, 08:24 PM
good luck mate
got a friend bought a car from NSW and drive back to VIC go to vicroads do the transfer
the staff just let us know the car was a written off vehicle in VIC and show on vicroad database cannot be register in VIC
just then my friend exp to that guy car was from NSW and still got NSW rego also just drive back from there
the vicroad staff just said that car can be register at any state becasue only Vicroad have record but not VIC
end up the car only can register in NSW even done the VIV check
so thats why the car is """"""registered in NSW under his name(proof shown with registeration paper given)"""""because it cannot be register in VIC

Vicks
20-09-2011, 11:24 PM
^ I don't understand what you were trying to explain sorry..

Was there any reason why his car couldn't be registered?

civicVI
21-09-2011, 12:59 AM
my mate brought a car registered in NSW
he try to get the car transfer and register in VIC
but cannot be done because on vicroads database showed non repairable Written-off Vehicle
i am trying to explain car was in VIC then got written off but someone bought it back to NSW and get it register in NSW and my mate bought it back to VIC
end up my mate never get the VIV / anything just transfer the car under his uncle's name who live in NSW then drive it
till few years ago the car front end Written-off again

hoey888
15-11-2011, 04:02 PM
hey vicks i got the jdm front its still for sale but cant reply to your private thread your inbox full