PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Deemed unfixable?

MingZai
20-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Hey guys I'm just wondering what might happen to my car and what the insurance company is going to do if they can't fix something. Pretty much there was a hit and run (someone reversed into my front bar) and left a hole there (from the tow bar) and so on. Ever since then my front right light sticks out a lot when compared to other Euro's and my left front lights. I stated that during the insurance claim and received the car last week and the issue was still there. Now the panel beaters agree that it is a problem which will need to be fixed but may believe the car is structurally warped a bit (due to the front bar being in a pristine condition) and told me they will try to fix it on a later date.

Question is, what will happen if they can't fix it due to it being a structure problem?

grifty
20-09-2011, 09:16 AM
they will write it off, simple as that.

marquee
20-09-2011, 09:20 AM
yer anything structural will cost massive amounts of money and more then likly will never be the same again. An insurance company will write it off

DEIFIC
20-09-2011, 10:34 AM
in saying that you'll just get a massive pay out and buy a new euro :D

marquee
20-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Ep3r would be what I buy

MingZai
20-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Even though it is simply the headlight popping out?

Going to ring up AAMI see how it is. If I'm lucky and it is indeed a wrote off... Going to get a DC5R or Manual Accord Euro But CL9

ryaan
16-10-2011, 12:54 AM
soo whats the outcome? :O

HunterZero
18-10-2011, 10:25 AM
I have a hard time believing that someone reversing a towbar into a bumper would do any chassis or subframe damage. The protruding headlight is probably due to some remaining minor damage to bumper or headlight supporting parts that wasn't repaired properly and this is affecting the alignment of the headlight with the bumper and other panels. They might have just repaired or replaced the existing bumper cover and called it done. No chance that they'd write a car off over that.

Keep contacting them about it, as they may never contact you and just hope you forget/don't care enough about it to have it fixed.

- HZ