PDA

View Full Version : ICE upgrade

h3nno
20-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I am planning on upgrading my ICE and I would like some input and recommendation on the components I wish to upgrade.

Current setup
Head: Alpine CDA-9815
AMP: Kicker 350.4
Sub: Kicker 125W RMS
Splits: JL c2-600 cw (60W RMS)

Custom holes have been drilled in the door panel to allow the tweeters to be hidden but still emit sound.

This is in an s2000.

I am looking to replace the head unit and possibly upgrade the splits.

To my understanding the head unit will require 1x RCA out and 1x Sub out.

I don't want anything on the face of the head unit (Aux in or USB in) - as the s2000 radio door will not be able to close. I am thinking I will stick with Alpine as it has the Ai-Net connector at the back witch I currently have wired up to act as the Aux in. Please advise if any other brands have a similar feature.

Features required for the head unit are CD, MP3, aux in, iPod control and/or a USB port would be a bonus but is not essential.

I am thinking of replacing the splits with Alpine Type S (SPS-610). My main query about this upgrade is the smaller response the Type S's have: 70Hz - 22kHz where as the c2-600 have 59Kz - 22kHz. Is there a noticeable loss in the lower 59 - 70Hz? If so will the boosted out put (20W) compensate?

Ideal budget is around $400 for 2 ways and head unit.

All input and recommendations appreciated.

Slow.ek1
21-09-2011, 11:17 PM
h3nno type s splits are very good i have sets in my civic and in my wrx very good splits my suggestion
hu: jvc of some sort there are cheap they all have f/r/sub rca 6v outputs bluetooth ipod control this is what u want
speakers : type s or typre r splits very good crystal clear sound quailty

i am a stereo fitter my civic is fitted with jvc unit type s splits 6x9s and type x subs alpine is good quality for value