PDA

View Full Version : Lowballing with coil overs for a stock feel and track appeal

glazewolf
20-09-2011, 11:20 PM
_____

jzx_andy
21-09-2011, 02:28 AM
get springs. other than that i guess you could snap up a set second hand, or get a 2nd hand set of mugen coilovers (not height adjustable from what i remember)

blastnpast
21-09-2011, 05:59 AM
What car and year model

ryaan
21-09-2011, 11:37 AM
get springs. other than that i guess you could snap up a set second hand, or get a 2nd hand set of mugen coilovers (not height adjustable from what i remember)

but with springs... dont you have to buy shocks as well? cus itll be likely to bust the stock shocks anyway?

redefine
21-09-2011, 12:27 PM
but with springs... dont you have to buy shocks as well? cus itll be likely to bust the stock shocks anyway?

i've been running lowered springs a year and a half now and im still fine, was much under your budget, and i have a spare set of stock shocks if anything goes wrong. springs are fine. the springs that ruin your shocks are choppies.

also what kings were they, low, superlow, or ultralow (the lower you are the harder it is on shocks)

ryaan
21-09-2011, 01:35 PM
i've been running lowered springs a year and a half now and im still fine, was much under your budget, and i have a spare set of stock shocks if anything goes wrong. springs are fine. the springs that ruin your shocks are choppies.

also what kings were they, low, superlow, or ultralow (the lower you are the harder it is on shocks)

What's springs did you use? Was it cl9 or cu2?

dee-y
21-09-2011, 09:03 PM
How flexible is your budget. For about $900, you can get koni yellows and eibach pro kit springs delivered to your door from the states.

marquee
21-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I think they would've been low. Do we need special equipment such as spring compressors to install them?

You will just about always need spring compressors to put them on shock or you can use g clamps but its super dangerous