PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic Si

vuvu
16-12-2003, 05:27 AM
Hey guys
my dad just bought me an eh9 civic si sedan.. the one with the d16a8 engine in it
so far it goes pretty good.. didn't expect it to be quite that quick but i've beaten an MR lancer (close race) and chopped a CA18DE Exa lol.. funni shit
just wondering wat mods will increase power? a 2 and a 1/4 inch will increase power by how much? Cold air induction how much? how much power would i gain and how much would it cost?
just want rough estimates as i really know shit all about non vtec hondas
any help would be appreciated
Thanks

A'PEXi
16-12-2003, 08:50 PM
there have been limitless threads regarding induction systems and exhaust systems... might want to have a look at them as well for a bit of a reference. 2-2 1/4" size is good for the civic - anything larger and you'll be losing power.... you could go for the whole exhaust system or just replace up to the catback.... depending on your budget - obviously the whole exhaust system will give you a bit more power but more $$... it is hard to say exactly how much gain these mods will give you, but the car will definatly be more responsive on throttle.

fusion_VTi
16-12-2003, 09:37 PM
true dat^^^^

TODA AU
17-12-2003, 06:23 AM
Like all NA Honda’s
Your best bang for bucks is a lightweight flywheel.
CAI & headers help a little too...

If you've got the budget... B16A engine swap...

ah789454
17-12-2003, 03:22 PM
why do u lose power if you get a bigger exhaust?

vuvu
17-12-2003, 10:01 PM
not enough back pressure i guess...

yeah i can get a b16a engine for relatively cheap... but how much fabrication is required? heard for a mechanic to do it will cost 2k +

so 2-2 1/4 inch is good yeh? approx price?
thanks

-MuGen PoWer-
21-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Hey i got the same car as yours, yeah seems to go pretty well, even though i got alota stuff in the car that pulls it down.
You know where i can get a b16a engine?? and around how much

Rowie
21-12-2003, 12:50 PM
www.autopages.com.au

OLM-02R
22-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Hey i got the same car as yours, yeah seems to go pretty well, even though i got alota stuff in the car that pulls it down.

were abouts are you located dud???? :idea:

Setanta
23-12-2003, 11:27 PM
EH9??????

skoota
24-12-2003, 12:13 AM
hey totally off topic - don't they call the EK VTi-R's SI's in the US???

-MuGen PoWer-
10-01-2004, 09:54 PM

were abouts are you located dud???? :idea:

Around bankstown area and u??

Setanta
10-01-2004, 10:56 PM
hey totally off topic - don't they call the EK VTi-R's SI's in the US???

OT: They didn't have EK VTiRs, they had the EM1 Coupe called the Si in the US and the SIR in Canada.

wynode
10-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Try the Marketplace sticky for a few places that sell engines. Also SSS automotive sell engines.

Ideally, for most power, i'd recommend a 2 1/4 exhaust with some good headers. Should get some decent power out of that.

Also, do the intake mod (remove the resonator and get some colda air induction to the bottom of the airbox). Try a search for more details :)

btchia
14-01-2004, 10:31 PM
i looking for a 1988-1989 Honda Civic SIR EF9 (JDM) in Australia, is everyone know how much does it cost? i couldn't find any on the ads

vuvu
15-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Hey guys
i myself was thinking of doing a b16a conversion cz i can get it for cheap off my friends crx... but after driving it .. i don't think i will..
the engine is fine... but the power isn't too crash hot.. the vtec is pretty fun tho..
i raced him with my car (eh9 with d16a8 engine) and surprisingly he onli had me by a car length at the end of 3rd... after racing him 4 or 5 times the result would always be the same... i'd have him on take off and then he'd catch up in 3rd... so after that whole experience i've decided to go turbo wen i get the funds... b16a power is good on paper but on the road its a different story... but vtec is fun tho... and chirping it into 2nd.. haha
it is upto u.. but im gonna go turbo instead of engine conversion .. easy power for the price u pay..

peace