PDA

View Full Version : Basic Mods (yeh its the power guy) ;)

Faiz
15-02-2005, 09:18 AM
hello all. you may remember me as the "how much power and faster its gona go?" or "0-100" :p
Joking. I am on My Ps now, Just want to know what basic mods i can do to the euro to gain 20 more kws etc? I know nothing about modding, i tried researching and dont udnerstand... I heard some talking about Hyclone... mmm what can i say little bit more power and less fuel eating sounds awesome. But surely there will be some cons for that thing. Putting a etter exaust system?? Not sure, gona cost me a bit too much but how much gain in power and cons??

Well as you all know i know notin what im talking about...

The reason i feel like modding it because i think the my auto euro does not fair that well in the overtaking and acceleration department.

AND NO I DONOT WANT TOS ELL AND BUY A SKYLIEN OR WRX!!

baboo
15-02-2005, 09:22 AM
There isn't much you can do in an auto. Unless you looking to put a supercharge or turbo in it. But that will defeat the purpose of a nicely balanced car.

Best investment is to do a driving training course, know more about your car, have confident to push your car to the limit in a controlled senario.

Faiz
15-02-2005, 09:32 AM
meh, thats too expensive and has its cons. Just sucks if i cant make it faster cause i wanna keep this car for a long trem as in to 20 years maybe,

Chi
15-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Sell it and buy a skyline or WRX

Faiz
15-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Sell it and buy a skyline or WRX

I hate you:p , No i dont want them!! i like the euro but i think it just needs a bit more ower (auto)

stephen8512
15-02-2005, 09:47 AM
whats ur budget?

Faiz
15-02-2005, 09:49 AM
dont have one yet but probably 1000 bucks.

Faiz
15-02-2005, 09:53 AM
pros and cons would be good if u are advsing me of some modd.

industrie
15-02-2005, 09:55 AM
you cant really do much with an auto euro...mainly headers, CAI, full exhaust system, etc...minimal mods..they will help the car driver better, but wont give it 20% more..thats a obsurd figure...aftermarket parts are hard to find in australia..generally you have to source them from japan or the states..but they are slowly starting to surface in australia so give it sometime..save some money up

wlee2
15-02-2005, 10:04 AM
the one thing that supprised me the most (this doesnt at KW power) is changing the flywheel..to a lightend flywheel but your using a auto i dont even know do they have flywheels =P..

Faiz
15-02-2005, 10:05 AM
that sucks.
Might try that hiclone thing. would had been good if i would be able to get something with all pros and no cons and gain 20 kws. But imdreaming :(

NeoNode
15-02-2005, 10:11 AM
You know a nice sussy setup also means you can go faster without increasing power :p

On the track of course, we don't want to speed on the roads now.

Reagan
15-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Your cars not slow, I use to be like you on my P's and drive a euro wanting to make it more powerful then it already is, it only seems slow because the ride is smooth but its quit fast for its type, I also drive an auto. But if you want supercharge it, and lemme drive it abit

Faiz
15-02-2005, 10:37 AM
meh dont worry, super charge is expensive.

stephen8512
15-02-2005, 11:02 AM
dont have one yet but probably 1000 bucks.

1000 bucks....start with a CAI and exhaust...
but i think thats going to go over ur 1000 budget
my INJEN cold air cost me 208.80 US which converted to 310.05 AUD. and thats without p+h
u can always get K&N typhoon CAI but dnt know how much they cost.

Reagan
15-02-2005, 11:43 AM
whats the power gains on one of those stephen?
Loud?
What does insurance say? =)

aaronng
15-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Hmm, a driver training course is a longer term mod than any SC, turbo, CAI or exhaust. And you'll drive better, avoid and control dangerous situations, all leading in the end to a spotless driving record and zero insurance claims (which pushes your premiums down) and of course, living longer. I'm in favour of the "driver mod"!

Dominik
15-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah, go for the driver training. You would be surprised at what your car can do when you know how to control it!

By the way do NOT get the Hyclone thing. Its a piece of crap which does NOT work, and is a massive waste of money. You are better off asking a magician to 'magically' make your car faster :p

But, as the others have said; Intake ($50-500), Exhaust ($300-1000) and headers ($500~?) is about all that fits in your budget...

Slugoid
15-02-2005, 12:18 PM
20kW is quite a lot to ask....on the fly or at the wheels? (like you know a difference anyway)...

20kW on the fly can be easy I guess. Mods mentioned already will do that; intake (injen), exhaust, headers. New mods I've discovered is aftermarket head gaskets, but no idea about gains. However, I doubt that these mods will even achieve 20Hp gain the the wheels, but hey, it's hard modding a NA car.

Personally, I reckon spending money on improving the current suspension setup is more practical. I find handling is the Euro's forte, not it's performance.

Faiz
15-02-2005, 12:48 PM
bah! driver training! how am i gona get out of control in a 4 cylinder car :| Mods to even break the warranty as in u doint have it any more... hmmm. I dont know fellas. No matter wahat i try im not gona be make this car as fast as skyline methinks.

May aswell shouldnt try to do anything to it.

I love every thing about the euro except for the acceleration in the suto i own.

Choongas
15-02-2005, 12:59 PM
sell the auto and buy a manual???

sodaz
15-02-2005, 01:21 PM
You have to accept that the Euro is not the fastest car on the road. It has no problems with general overtaking or accelerating imo. It can match most V6s on the road and i think that's quite decent. I drive it everyday and i never feel like my car is slow compared to others.

The Euro is a great handling car but it shouldn't be compared to ones with big or turbo engines. Even if you mod the car you won't get much out of it. And trying to turn a Euro into a Skyline is absurd. No matter what you do, you will not be able to match a dedicated sportscar in performance.

aaronng
15-02-2005, 01:37 PM
I read on other forums on how they pump out over 500hp (flywheel) from the K24 engine. First, you destroke the motor by putting in longer conrods and a narrower crank shaft. Then you slap on a turbo (high pressure of course), use low compression pistons and install a programmable ECU. Up the revlimiter to 8500rpm or so, and get some high octane fuel (100RON at least). And there you have it. Now you just need to find that AU$50,000 to do it.

industrie
15-02-2005, 02:11 PM
euro isnt a performance car...you cant compare it to a type R, s2k, teg or lude...its a family car with some umff...luxury is what its designed for..if u wanted performance you should have bought something else...but you should be happy with it..

baboo
15-02-2005, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=Faiz]bah! driver training! how am i gona get out of control in a 4 cylinder car :| QUOTE]

Man, that's not a good attitude to have. :thumbdwn:
You can get out of control in any type of car, any type of situation.

In most cases, it's 90% driver, 10 % car. If you want to drive fast,
Learn to handle your car before you thinking of modify it!!

EuroAccord13
15-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Having more power doesn't necessarily make the car faster if you don't know how to drive it properly..

Are you after the extra power to make it go faster?

You can't go far with 1000 bucks..

If you want to go fast without spending money, go cut some weight off the car and I guarantee your car will be faster and you keep that 1000 bucks in your wallet...

:D

Pum[Z]
15-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah i agree with Baboo there...

U don't have much experience driving and taking a advanced driver training course will definetly improve ur driving skill and have the experience to deal in emergencies...

But then agian ur still on ur P's & the majority of u ppl have the "I know everything attitude"... That is why u P platers need the advanced driver training course the most....

Oh yeah getting an extra 20kw doesn't = $1000.00

Try saving up about $5000.00 and u defiently can get 20 kw more out of ur car..

NeoNode
15-02-2005, 03:32 PM
I feel a sense of Deja Vu and him contradicting what he's going to say again regarding the first post that is.

Faiz
15-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Having more power doesn't necessarily make the car faster if you don't know how to drive it properly..

Are you after the extra power to make it go faster?

You can't go far with 1000 bucks..

If you want to go fast without spending money, go cut some weight off the car and I guarantee your car will be faster and you keep that 1000 bucks in your wallet...

:D

Lol i m gona start by taking out all the seats except the drivers, next take all trhe luxury equipment out :P I might buy those integras after a few years if they go any hard.

exISeuro
15-02-2005, 09:07 PM
:( please sell your 'slow automatic' car, alternatively develop a better attitude, better yet grow a brain :thumbdwn:

yfin
15-02-2005, 09:11 PM
:( please sell your 'slow automatic' car, alternatively develop a better attitude, better yet grow a brain :thumbdwn:

Faiz is ok - he just needs some more life experience under his belt... For a first car he has done bloody well.

viperx
15-02-2005, 09:32 PM
To be honest Faiz, unless you're some kind of driving genius (and no, not every new P plater is a driving genius) I doubt you're even pushing the euro to its full capabilities. Even Possum Bourne rolled his car when he was young. How much more performance do you have under your bonnet now than he did?

Dominik
15-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Put some lowered springs/sports shocks in your accord, do a driver training course (do the basic, and then the advanced), and then you can outrun the Skylines in the corners.

Or maybe you will do the course and realise how dangerous even a '4 cylinder car' can be...

SeraphimX
17-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Lol i m gona start by taking out all the seats except the drivers, next take all trhe luxury equipment out :P I might buy those integras after a few years if they go any hard.

Faiz, I'm only gonna say this once. You reek of ignorance and inexperience, so listen to what these people have to say well. If you can't overtake...you CANT drive, period, ppl in their echos and jazzs can manage just fine. If its performance you want, go get something else, stop saynig all this shit abt taking out your seat and getting an integra and all that crap. You won't lose control of a 4 cylinder car?? I beg to differ and I bet everyone here would agree with me. WAKE UP :thumbdwn:

Kawasaki
17-02-2005, 04:33 PM
anouther young gun who thinks they are unstopable. Handling and driver training are the best performance add-on's you can get.

I agree with SeraphimX, wake up.

sodaz
17-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Faiz, I'm only gonna say this once. You reek of ignorance and inexperience, so listen to what these people have to say well. If you can't overtake...you CANT drive, period, ppl in their echos and jazzs can manage just fine. If its performance you want, go get something else, stop saynig all this shit abt taking out your seat and getting an integra and all that crap. You won't lose control of a 4 cylinder car?? I beg to differ and I bet everyone here would agree with me. WAKE UP :thumbdwn:

Word. Overtaking has more to do with the driver than the car. I drive my gf's Echo every now and again and i have no problems whatsoever.

Faiz
17-02-2005, 05:36 PM
please fallasmy dad has been driving for 30 years and compaints my euro is bloody slow. I dont have the money to buy another car or alternatively sell it because im gona loose shit loads of money. I should have buyed that v6 accord and fixed up its suspension i guess but made wrong mistake and bought an almost perferct car which only needs to be a bit more faster as in performance wise as it is. And no i donot need driving training.

I was on the ball when i bought this car except i thought the auto would be as fast as the manual counterpart but i guess i thought wrong. I am no cars guru, all i know is the euro is pretty slow for a 48 000 dollar car

Kawasaki
17-02-2005, 05:40 PM
the accord euro isn't a race car, its a family car.

Faiz
17-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Family car aye, if i would ve accidently bought a 118 kw auto integra that would be even slower and what are you gona call that?? a coupe that is very slow?

SeraphimX
17-02-2005, 06:26 PM
please fallasmy dad has been driving for 30 years and compaints my euro is bloody slow. I dont have the money to buy another car or alternatively sell it because im gona loose shit loads of money. I should have buyed that v6 accord and fixed up its suspension i guess but made wrong mistake and bought an almost perferct car which only needs to be a bit more faster as in performance wise as it is. And no i donot need driving training.

I was on the ball when i bought this car except i thought the auto would be as fast as the manual counterpart but i guess i thought wrong. I am no cars guru, all i know is the euro is pretty slow for a 48 000 dollar car

Family car aye, if i would ve accidently bought a 118 kw auto integra that would be even slower and what are you gona call that?? a coupe that is very slow?

No, I would call it a coupe... What are you comparing to? Its slow relative to a Ferrari, but I wouldn't say it's slow. What's your point?? That if I bought a car that looks sporty it has to be blisteringly fast???? WTF. You for one are in the wrong place then, you want fast lets see you can go without crashing if you drive as fast as you claim you should.

Your dad for one....driving for 30 years and says to his son, "this car is slow, too slow". Dude, does your dad want you to speed?? wow...big surprise seeing how you behave like a little racerboy. If the world were a better place, I'd want to see potential threats to human life like you only allowed to drive a 0.8 L car. The most amazing thing is that you seriously expected to blast around in a family car which by the way isn't slow for its price. Heaps of cars at that price are slower than the euro, some are even more expensive. Merc C180K, C200K, E200, 318i, 320i, Audi A4 the list goes on...

Speaking of which, why can't you grasp the fact that not all cars are made for outright performance. You pay for what you want. With the euro its the creature comforts and the performance. If you want straight line performance and none of that comfort...then get a sport car, something thats totally stripped inside and all thmoney you pay goes into the engine.

Note that if you were that confident of your driving you would have opted for a manual car to start with. Note that you are no car guru and you definitely do not know what it is like to drive safely for you wouldn't be complaining about overtaking and flooring it all over the place. Note too that this is not a flame, the reason why I'm saying this is that you have been spouting all this talk about driving fast on the road and making really silly comments about the car being too slow for what you pay when its clear you are new to driving and new to the concept that the price of the car is does not depend solely on its speed.

Nuff said

EuroAccord13
17-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Guys.. please don't turn this into a flame thread... (you know the mods, getting all nazi on us :P)...

Anyway, he's here to ask what he can do to make the car "faster" for a thousand bucks so let's just keep it there and not go on about whether he can drive or not.. Besides, we really don't know if he can or cannot drive so lets just stick to what he can do for a thousand bucks aye? :D

viperx
17-02-2005, 08:00 PM

Well you and your dad should have figured this out on the test drive. and there isnt a single one of us who doesnt need driving training. all of us, no matter how experienced we are can improve, and there are always going to be people better at driving to us from whom we can learn from. only people who no nothing think they know everything and dont need any help. the more you know the more you understand you have a lot to learn.

and i hope you realise one day that car performance isnt all about straight line, 0-100. i doubt you're even using your car's performance to its full potential, regardless of the fact its an auto. if you cant, then I'll agree with you that you've 'buyed' the wrong car, and you should swap it with a jet engine with four wheels fixed on, bolt your classroom chair to it and enjoy the ride.

good luck :thumbdwn:

yfin
17-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Take the $1000 you have to spend and buy some perspective.

viperx
17-02-2005, 08:16 PM
With a 1000 bucks, he should buy an old 70's corolla, learn what a car is with none of the safety shit that is saving his ass every time without him even knowing, and then grow an appreciation of what a car is.

evolution42
17-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Well you and your dad should have figured this out on the test drive. and there isnt a single one of us who doesnt need driving training. all of us, no matter how experienced we are can improve, and there are always going to be people better at driving to us from whom we can learn from. only people who no nothing think they know everything and dont need any help. the more you know the more you understand you have a lot to learn.

and i hope you realise one day that car performance isnt all about straight line, 0-100. i doubt you're even using your car's performance to its full potential, regardless of the fact its an auto. if you cant, then I'll agree with you that you've 'buyed' the wrong car, and you should swap it with a jet engine with four wheels fixed on, bolt your classroom chair to it and enjoy the ride.

good luck :thumbdwn:

even though im a 16 (and a half) year old who is privileged enough to be learning in a euro luxury manual, I totally agree with everything viperx has said here. i think it is pretty unreasonable to be expecting the euro to be a high performance car... i think its fair to say the euro has more than enough grunt for L and P platers of around my age. saying things like "bah! driver training....how am i gonna lose control of a 4-cyl car" is a completely wrong and unsensible attitude towards driving.

you should be grateful that you even have the opportunity to drive such a nice car. if u were weren't as lucky, you could be driving something like a matiz, or even worse- get around by foot. think about it...

yfin
17-02-2005, 08:34 PM
you could be driving something like a matiz, or even worse- get around by foot. think about it...

Yeah - Daewoo Matiz - 800cc. Sell the Euro and mod one of these babies like this!! I am pissing myself looking at this picture. :D

http://digimods.co.uk/images/Virtualcarimages/cars/daewoomatiz.jpg

yfin
17-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Wait. .there is more Faiz - your new interior..:D :D :D

http://www.auto-blach.com.pl/import/daewoo_matiz_friend_99_3.jpg

All the girls will want you... still pissing myself here..

http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v175/nuifweblog/sloggi_matiz.jpg

baboo
17-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Faiz, grow up would ya?

Accord is a family sport sedan, stop complaining about it's slow.

if you want fast cars, go get yourself a Ferrari or something.

viperx
17-02-2005, 08:48 PM
ha ha whoever photoshopped that picture honestly had too much time on their hands...

baboo
17-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Damn it yFin, I want that Matiz soooooo bad~

EuroAccord13
17-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Does the car come with the girls? :D

evolution42
17-02-2005, 08:55 PM
faiz u can use ur $1000 to buy a nice tacho for the matiz:rolleyes:

yfin
17-02-2005, 08:59 PM
ha ha whoever photoshopped that picture honestly had too much time on their hands...

:D It wasn't me - found it on google. Funny shit. Was going to post some dyno pics of Faiz's modded 39kw Matiz but I thought I should end posts off topic - couldn't help it when the Matiz was mentioned...

aaronng
17-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Faiz, we're not beating down on you because you are complaining that the Euro is a slow car. We are doing this because of your attitude towards driver training and the fact that you feel invincible in a 4-cyl car. We're not P-plater bashers, but instead we do not want to see you become a statistic in the future (knock wood). Thankfully you are in a car with very reasonable safety features in case things go wrong, but it is always best that you prevent uncontrollable situations instead on relying on those passive safety features. Why don't you learn more first, keep your Euro stock, and I'm sure after you've graduated from the P's, you will be able to get a faster car that you always wanted? P.S. don't get the 118kw auto Integra. :)

Pum[Z]
18-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Faiz moite...

This is what going 64km will do to ur car if u had an accident:

http://www.aaa.asn.au/NCAP/images/Crash%20images/accord03e.jpg

This is what will happen if u go even faster and have an accident:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/uploads/post-42-1106792548.jpg

"Power is nothing without control"... Spend ur money on better driving education or advanced driving course before u start playing with ur car... I don't want u or ur car to become like any of these 2 cars... Although our euro's are safe it still aint indestructable so take care on the roads...

Oh yeah that Matiz is damn hot!! :D

baboo
18-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Damn that's shocking Pum[Z],

Imagine do that in a Matiz

viperx
18-02-2005, 11:25 AM
any idea what kinda accident ripped off the rear end like that?

Blue-Bear
18-02-2005, 11:45 AM
heres my first post since joining the forums :)

seriously Faiz, what are you intending to do with the extra 20kw? i agree with most posters, and go do driver training, with young people like you who just want to gain more power out of their car but not even learning what the car can do right now is absolutely disgraceful, its probably why the government wants to ban some cars for p platers. all they can think about is modifying and not actually appreciating the car for what it is firstly and then learning what u can get out of the car without any mods or anything. LEARN TO CONTROL the car before you even think about having mods.

use your 1000 and go get driver training seriously, i was reading on another forum recently and a car rammed another car behind at about 50-60km/h enough to bend the chassis, accidents do occur and it may not be you who caused it but it may be someone else that nicks your car and you go hitting into something. that is where the driver training will become very useful. So, be wise and use the 1000 and get some driver training, if you want a faster car or something buy something else and give me the accord euro :D but seriously the accord euro aint a race car!

stephen8512
18-02-2005, 11:51 AM
faiz, personally, i think u need a near death experience or get caught by the cops and have ur licence suspended in order to really appreciate driving and realise what a huge responsibility and a privelige it really is. because i crashed my camry 2 months after i got my red P's (it wasnt from speeding though.......fell asleep at the wheel :S) and i was caught doing 30km over the limit and got caught.....had licence suspended for 3 months but appealed and got it cut to 1
the point is, just enjoy the car for now. dont think about how to make the car faster because its pretty quick as is for a 4 cylinder. save ur $1000 and turn that into 2 or 3. invest in stock or shares or something. then after driving for a while, u will get to know ur car better and the more intricate details of ur car. perhaps then u might think about getting mods or maybe, u might get ur own car and it will be a beast to start off with like an R34 or WRX or something.

Kawasaki
18-02-2005, 12:05 PM
man im still driving around in a 1.5 sohc carbi its got like 89hp if im lucky! Your euro has around twice the power of my civic, save your 1000$ for a rainy day.

aaronng
18-02-2005, 12:16 PM
man im still driving around in a 1.5 sohc carbi its got like 89hp if im lucky! Your euro has around twice the power of my civic, save your 1000$ for a rainy day.
LOL, my first car was a 20 year old Mitsubishi. It had a 1.5 SOHC 12 valve carby engine pushing out 68hp. It had a 3 speed auto too! It was fun learning lot of things in that car (as well as scraping the underside against a kerbstone, ouch) but after all that, I am thankful that I did not get a powerful car as my first vehicle. Hey, this crappy mitsu actually reaches 100km/h in the about the same time as the F22 (non-vtec) '91 Honda Accord Auto, and still reaches 150km/h with the transmission being the limiting factor. An underpowered car is NOT a slow and non-dangerous car in ANY way. That is a fact that everyone should know.

sodaz
18-02-2005, 01:23 PM
1. 1 grand will get you nowhere in terms of performance
2. The Euro isn't slow for what you pay for
3. The Euro is more like a spirited luxury sedan, and not a sports car
4. You are lucky to have a Euro at your age
5. Inexperience and powerful cars don't go together

A good friend of mine had a near-death car accident a few years ago in Melbourne (in a highly modded Nissan 200sx). He was going 20km over the speed limit over a crest. The car lost control and went into a violent spin. It kept on going and spinning and finally hit a street lamp post and was sliced into two right behind the driver seat. The back of the car travelled 10 meters or so and hit a post box. It then exploded in flames. The front of the car hit a tree and stopped. His friend next to him went unconscious instantly. The airbag shattered his glasses and he had blood all over his face. When they investigated the wreck, 3 wheels were missing and it didn't even look like a car. They were going to put him in jail for 2 years but luckily my dad helped him get out of it with good lawyers. His licence was suspended for 3 years and he had to start all over again from his Ls.

Last year a friend of mine who was in his red Ps totalled a brand new MX-5 4 days after he bought it. He wasn't hurt badly but don't you think that's such a waste of money?

Driver training is something i think everyone should do.

viperx
18-02-2005, 01:41 PM
LOL, my first car was a 20 year old Mitsubishi. It had a 1.5 SOHC 12 valve carby engine pushing out 68hp. It had a 3 speed auto too! It was fun learning lot of things in that car (as well as scraping the underside against a kerbstone, ouch) but after all that, I am thankful that I did not get a powerful car as my first vehicle. Hey, this crappy mitsu actually reaches 100km/h in the about the same time as the F22 (non-vtec) '91 Honda Accord Auto, and still reaches 150km/h with the transmission being the limiting factor. An underpowered car is NOT a slow and non-dangerous car in ANY way. That is a fact that everyone should know.

I think giving an old car with no driver aids to a L or P plater is a great idea. with crappy suspension, no VSA, ABS, power steering or any other driver aids, it teaches you pure, unadulterated driving skill. you learn what chassis dynamics is, what lines causes the least disturbance to chassis stability (as if you dont do it right in an old car you will likely get flung into a ditch, ha ha). And all at lower engine outputs as well, so you have less of a chance of folding yourself against a tree in case something does go wrong.