PDA

View Full Version : Mods and warranty

Hipsi
15-02-2005, 10:49 AM
how does the warranty go with fitment of bigger wheels and lowered springs? If I do these, will I have to go back to OEM before I take the car in for it's 1st service?

industrie
15-02-2005, 10:51 AM
nope...you can lower it and have bigger rims..watever...i think this only applies to engine mods..but you should check with the dealer

PERTH_EURO
15-02-2005, 11:50 AM
nope...you can lower it and have bigger rims..watever...i think this only applies to engine mods..but you should check with the dealer

not strictly correct

if you mod wheels, then you void warranty on anything remotely attached to them. ie wheel bearings, drive shafts etc.

With suspension things like linkages, shafts etc same story.

What you need to remember is that more than likely, and this is NOT from personal experiance, they will use any excuse to get out of warranty work.

Best way... ask your dealer directly and then mod anyway :thumbsup: :D

EuroAccord13
15-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Based on experience, like PERTH EURO said, dealers will tell you one thing, IT'S YOUR OWN RISK and if anything fails and it's cause of failure is related to the mod you do, they won't cover it...

I'll repeat PERTH EURO's message.... "They will use any excuse to get out of warranty work."

albii
15-02-2005, 04:20 PM
wheels are fine but as soon as you touch suspension it gets tricky..watch out

Pum[Z]
15-02-2005, 06:27 PM
:D Agree with what Perth_Euro & EuroAccord13 says...

It is ur own risk that u mod ur car and in no way will it be covered under warranty because u have put non genuine Honda aftermarket accessories to it...

So if the suspension collapses due to the heavy alloys then it won't be covered under warranty. Because they have warned u in the manual "To use similar weight & size on the wheels", "As well having higher diameter wheels might interfere with the VSA"....

Its ur own risk.. U either mod it or be boring!! :D

Catcha
15-02-2005, 08:09 PM
modding anything is at your own risk, say your suspension stuffs up after 6 months of using coilovers, forget about claming anything remotely close to it, but at the same time your cd player stops playing. They will turn around and say your whole car warranty is void cause of your suspension. but you knowing your rights will argue it and well they will cover that. BUT lets say something is wrong with your engine, now if they can link your suspension problems to the engine, eg 19inch wheels causing excessive drivetrain stress..... your a gonna. but having said that. Look how many people own turbo cars keeps them stock, wrx's, 200sx, 350z... it's like smoking it's bad for you but people still do it...............

JaCe
29-10-2006, 09:45 AM
modding anything is at your own risk, say your suspension stuffs up after 6 months of using coilovers, forget about claming anything remotely close to it, but at the same time your cd player stops playing. They will turn around and say your whole car warranty is void cause of your suspension. but you knowing your rights will argue it and well they will cover that. BUT lets say something is wrong with your engine, now if they can link your suspension problems to the engine, eg 19inch wheels causing excessive drivetrain stress..... your a gonna. but having said that. Look how many people own turbo cars keeps them stock, wrx's, 200sx, 350z... it's like smoking it's bad for you but people still do it...............

But then alot of those ppl have enough car know-how to fix most problems which occur anyway... which is probably what makes it a bit better.

aaronng
29-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Look how many people own turbo cars keeps them stock, wrx's, 200sx, 350z...
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/369/huhan1.gif It's rare to see a stock one. Most WRX and 200SX have huge exhausts and deep dish rims.