PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy an older prelude...

bondy501
23-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi I'm new here and wanted your opinion on this 1st gen prelude for sale on the gold coast...

http://goldcoast.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-1st-gen-Honda-Prelude-amazing-condition-W0QQAdIdZ314456181

what do you guys think? is it a good one? or am i barking up the wrong tree?

any comments are appreciated.

manolii
24-09-2011, 08:45 AM
if u like it go for it, it seems to be in good condition. get it checked by a mechanic before you buy

HONTUNE
24-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah looks well looked after.. Definately give it a good check over tho.. See if they have a service history too

bondy501
27-09-2011, 02:18 PM
thanks for the feedback. looked at the car today and it's still for sale and in really good condition! I'm still unsure about the reliability on those older honda's.

is there anyone here who owns one and can share their exerience?

thanks again.

BoostnDC2
28-09-2011, 10:49 AM
thanks for the feedback. looked at the car today and it's still for sale and in really good condition! I'm still unsure about the reliability on those older honda's.

thanks again.
I have one sitting in my shed at home. Its a '79 model and starts first go. If you ever need parts, just shoot me a PM ;)

manolii
28-09-2011, 12:24 PM

thanks again.

Forogot to mention u might want to check availablity of parts. if some thing goes wrong will the parts be easy to find or cheap enough