PDA

View Full Version : Integra VTiRs on the track.

bluebird
15-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi all,

I'm wanting to take my Integra VTiR to a wakefield track day, but I require the car as my daily driver. How strong are they on the track? Have many people gone down and gone hard, and had no problems? Have many people had problems?

My car only has 60,000kms, and has had a service every 5000kms for it's life. It's totally standard bar rear sway bar.

I've always been kinda anti track work because of the stress it puts on your car, but before this car, I did own a boosted 4wd turbo nissan, so it does kinda explain why i'm paranoid :p

Regards,
Tommo.

industrie
15-02-2005, 10:53 AM
theres nothing wrong with driving the car on the track..stock or modded..just make sure you have the requirements...like licence etc..bars, better brakes, tyres..etc will help...but you can still drive it stock as a rock on the track..

LatinoHatchCrap
15-02-2005, 11:12 AM
B18C's are very strong motors, just make sure you replace the oil after you track it:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I would at least get a better set of tires and a good wheel alignment. Better brakes, bars, sussy etc can be upgraded as you get more experience.

bluebird
15-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Cool - i'll do that... I've got Perili P6000s, which seem to be a pretty good tyre on the street anyway. :)

spoondc2
15-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Cool - i'll do that... I've got Perili P6000s, which seem to be a pretty good tyre on the street anyway. :)

Well yeah...... no problem for me, i went on track sometimes and no problem at all, i just changed low-temp thermostat, fan switch, good oil, good coolant, brake pads, suspension and good tyres and the car goes very smooth on track

fried
15-02-2005, 03:06 PM
ur tyres are going to die alot quicker - so keep that in mind. (just because they are street tyres, and not slicks , but thats expected)

i guess the minimum requirements are that u make sure u have enouhg fuel, brake pad life, and oils. apart from that , u should be sweet. oh and a helmet :P

tegstar83
15-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Well yeah...... no problem for me, i went on track sometimes and no problem at all, i just changed low-temp thermostat, fan switch, good oil, good coolant, brake pads, suspension and good tyres and the car goes very smooth on track

um I was just wondering what the purpose of some of the mods are like low temp thermo? Isnt thrashing ur car at low temp bad for ur car?
What if its a type r do u need that also???

ginganggooly
15-02-2005, 06:21 PM
i've not done that many track days, maybe six days in all?
the only bits i've had die on me are brakes, rear subframe (due to 20mm bar on stock mounts), and wheel bearing nut. no other issues after hard days on the track.
i've only ever been when it was 30 degrees or more too. imo, it's not worth going on stock suspension though (unless it's to get a greater appreciation of suspension work down the track) as the car's stock suspension is woefully inadequate. anyway, my car has been thrashed since it was 65,000km old. i've done countless runs up the old road- and this was back in the day when i was a tad more reckless and REALLY pushed the car.

anyway, 205,000km and still going strong. :)

so don't worry about it...

Blew_lude
15-02-2005, 07:47 PM
i've not done that many track days, maybe six days in all?
the only bits i've had die on me are brakes, rear subframe (due to 20mm bar on stock mounts), and wheel bearing nut. no other issues after hard days on the track.
i've only ever been when it was 30 degrees or more too. imo, it's not worth going on stock suspension though (unless it's to get a greater appreciation of suspension work down the track) as the car's stock suspension is woefully inadequate. anyway, my car has been thrashed since it was 65,000km old. i've done countless runs up the old road- and this was back in the day when i was a tad more reckless and REALLY pushed the car.

anyway, 205,000km and still going strong. :)

so don't worry about it...

yeah..going strong indeed...hahaha.

joneblaze
15-02-2005, 08:26 PM
LOL... I don't believe gingang's dc2 should be taken as the accepted average. It's more like a freak of nature than the median. His driving is certifiably insane. :)

qup70c
16-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Go forth and track! you shall not regret

spoondc2
16-02-2005, 08:09 PM
um I was just wondering what the purpose of some of the mods are like low temp thermo? Isnt thrashing ur car at low temp bad for ur car?
What if its a type r do u need that also???

low-temp thermostat - opens up when reach the temp so the coolant can go thru the system to cool down, low temp thermostat don't affect your car when it's in low temp, it is not working until it reaches the temp

fan switch - same, turn on the fan when reaches the temp, cooling down

good oil - lub up, clean, cool down the engine, just make sure you are using good oil which can stand on constant high temp, i prefer Motul, Mobil and Elf, people normally use 5W40 for NA but i am using the exactly the same oil that used by Spoon in Spoon S2000 car which is 0W20

good coolant - Cool down..........

brake pads - Well... you know....

suspension - Hmm.... yeah.......

good tyres - Same......... better use semi-slick on track, i am too poor so i am using street tyres hehe :-P

PS: Not only for Vti-R, you need to same thing even you have a Type-R or any other car

quangsta
17-02-2005, 09:11 AM
so do you have to get a new thermostat or is it just a mod done to the existing one..if so is it easy? can u do it urself?

spoondc2
17-02-2005, 03:13 PM
so do you have to get a new thermostat or is it just a mod done to the existing one..if so is it easy? can u do it urself?

You need a new thermostat and i've got the mugen one on my car, anyway fitting is quite easy....... there are instructions included when you get the theromostat and switch, i drain out my coolany when changing it, and it takes 1 hour for me cos i flush the radiator as well

toE
17-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Hmm...this deserves to be in the Track Forums.

*moved*

egSi
18-02-2005, 08:35 AM
do it bluebird, do it!!

its not like ur driving a excel :p

panda[cRx]
21-02-2005, 12:47 PM
just take it and rev the crap outta it till it til it dies, thats what hondas were made for :D

spoondc2
21-02-2005, 08:05 PM
']just take it and rev the crap outta it till it til it dies, thats what hondas were made for :D

Great!!! then TODA TODA TODA all the way :D

ginganggooly
22-02-2005, 08:01 PM
']just take it and rev the crap outta it till it til it dies, thats what hondas were made for :D

he'll be waiting a while then ;)

i was hitting 9200rpm on a daily basis for about a year... totally stock valve train too.

BlitZ
26-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Vouch for crazy sick c&*t driver.... quote "gotta keep it in 2nd" (boucing on rev limiter).. need 2nd gear to exit...

he'll be waiting a while then ;)

i was hitting 9200rpm on a daily basis for about a year... totally stock valve train too.