PDA

View Full Version : Brake Master Upgrade

nzjdm
26-09-2011, 06:16 AM
i must be a bad searcher cause i struggled to find info on this, im sure its out there..

what is the best upgrade brake Master i can fit to an ed civic? im sure id heard at some point i can use a prelude one of some sort?

Cheers

Marc

grifty
27-09-2011, 01:02 AM
the biggest one that i know that will fit is the DA9 which has a bore diameter of 15/16. im not sure about which prelude ones will bolt up.

amant02
01-10-2011, 12:20 AM
what civic you talkn about? Personally exp the da9 is the biggest to bolt on my em1

Wru
06-10-2011, 06:13 PM
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2309213

If you aren't changing the brakes, why mess with the master cylinder? Are you planning on upgrading the brakes in the future? The CRX Si already has a 7/8" bore MC. The only larger ones are 15/16" from the Prelude and the 1" (and larger booster) from a GSR.

I got the booster and MC from a '95 GSR, and I had to modify one of the brake lines. Just had to move it from one side to the other.

If you don't plan on upgrading to EX or DA knuckles, I'd suggest you just stick with the stock size. The SS brake lines will give you a noticeable improvement.

Now I'm not saying this is right, but I'm just guessing won't a CRX MC upgrade be the same as a ED upgrade, I'm just under the impression that CRX's are pretty much the same as ED's. Don't quote me on this I have no idea if this is right it's just an idea.

nzjdm
06-10-2011, 08:07 PM
That is very helpful thank you !!