PDA

View Full Version : is a lude worth it ??

Flash_Gordon
15-02-2005, 03:42 PM
i was up until recetly set on getting a teg but after a bit of investigation it seems that the preludes have more power, are slightly more luxurious and you can buy them for the same price. plus theyre lower and sleeker than the integras hehehe. I would only buy VTEC nothing less so its definatley VTi-R. Can some VTi-R owners tell me about theyre cars and if theyre fast and what youve killed in drags. just basically anything to convince me to buy the car lol. i will appreciate any feedback, thnx.

McChook
15-02-2005, 04:38 PM
http://PreludeAustalia.com (http://preludeaustalia.com/)

15.7@92mph in 40 degree heat

if you are interested in racing and drags more than ride comfy and sitting back and relaxing, just buy a DC2 VTiR... there are some stock engine examples wrunning 14.5... hard to do that with a prelude

Flash_Gordon
16-02-2005, 12:30 AM
really, hmm thnx for the info

|N|
16-02-2005, 03:14 AM
performance wise... i would choose teg... lude were designed for a bit of performace and a bit of luxury ... and tegs r more on the performance side...

NeRV
16-02-2005, 07:08 AM
both are nice cars, personally i would pick the Lude VTi-R over the Teg.. the H22A is an awesome engine and the lude isnt exactly a slow car, it beats most NA cars in its category.

shecomb
16-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Buy the lude and turbo it.....

industrie
16-02-2005, 09:36 AM
the lude is a great car..still has umfff...if you are after performance get a DC2 VTIR...they are more performance...out of the two...

the lude is more of a looker...cruiser...more sleek and luxury....

[stealth]
16-02-2005, 01:48 PM
lude it mate... u wont regret it!

:)

Blew_lude
16-02-2005, 02:02 PM
a prelude over integra anyday...
why?
cos i have one.!

NeRV
16-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Check out www.preludeaustralia.com .. there's heaps of nice Lude's in there to make your mind set on getting one.. they are sexy cars.. chuck on the OEM Kit, 17-18" Rims and drop her to the ground and you have instant P.I.M.P :D

Flash_Gordon
17-02-2005, 02:43 AM
to answer a few questions in one go;

yeh i kinda think lude is a tad nicer lookin, whichever a get i plan on turbo and if i got a tegs it would only be a DC2 VTi-R, whateva one i get it must be VTEC :D

shecomb
17-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Turbo the Lude.... H22a POWA!!!!

mojo the flashy monkey
17-02-2005, 08:54 AM
lol u should of posted this in genriral chat very one sided in here lol go the civic and engin conversion :Plol

redliner
17-02-2005, 09:44 AM
i have one nad never looked back.. tho my next goal is to get s2k :)

57UDD
17-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Choose the teg. I own a 97 DC2 Vti-R. And let me tell you, not only is it more powerful than the lude, but it handles so much nicer. I've taken on a Vti-R lude (killed it), taken on a couple S14's (gained bout 1.5 car lengths before got beaten). There's also been an ITR and fully worked on Series 2 RX7, which i managed to keep up. But i reckon it must be because the drivers are CRAP. INTEGRA for sure mate.

Blew_lude
17-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Choose the teg. I own a 97 DC2 Vti-R. And let me tell you, not only is it more powerful than the lude, but it handles so much nicer. I've taken on a Vti-R lude (killed it), taken on a couple S14's (gained bout 1.5 car lengths before got beaten). There's also been an ITR and fully worked on Series 2 RX7, which i managed to keep up. But i reckon it must be because the drivers are CRAP. INTEGRA for sure mate.

more powerful? what kinda of marbles are u talking about?..
stats dont show that the integra is more powerful.

57UDD
17-02-2005, 10:54 AM
hahah sorry didnt read wat i wrote. yea i know stats show lude is more powerful, wat i meant to say dat it is faster than the lude.

[stealth]
17-02-2005, 10:59 AM
ludes (5th gen) are defintely more luxurious than tegs easily..(cept DC2Rs onwards)

redliner
17-02-2005, 12:01 PM
LOL dun get Blew Lude started about integra
ROFL

Blew_lude
17-02-2005, 12:29 PM
hahah sorry didnt read wat i wrote. yea i know stats show lude is more powerful, wat i meant to say dat it is faster than the lude.

to be quiet honest, i think there neck to neck
take nothing away from the integras but i highly doubt any1 would say one is faster then the other. besides you ofcos.
if u want, u can drive ur integra down from brisbane to sydney, race me, and if u win, u can drive back home happy!

redliner
17-02-2005, 01:07 PM
ROFL..
thanks for asking me to go WSID kennn.. great time too :)

*LUDE2C*
17-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Go with the Lude it has the look and the power to match - it will turn heads wherever u go

Flash_Gordon
17-02-2005, 06:53 PM
thnx for all the replys ppl but it isnt making my decision any easier lol, just makes me want both !!

JDM.Power
17-02-2005, 07:20 PM
il choose the vti-r..lude also..has looks an more room an a good daily driver also an gets quick around the traffic...but if you want more power the dc2 is the way 2 go!

Blew_lude
17-02-2005, 07:22 PM
ROFL..
thanks for asking me to go WSID kennn.. great time too :)

no probz champ...hahaha..wen i race, i race for the both of us..
i got ur back man.!!

Blew_lude
17-02-2005, 07:40 PM
anyways, consistent 15.1's with a best 60ft time of 2.2 secs
this all with 18's, shitty nankang tyres and my cricket gear in the back.

redliner
17-02-2005, 08:52 PM
mate those cricket gears gave you 10kw gain :)

Still deciding what to get ai... well if you are going to modify the car i say get dc2 coz there alot of room mod as there not much gears out there for prelude.

DaViSoN
17-02-2005, 09:58 PM
well i've owned a prelude si-vtec (jdm) myself.. although i might be bias i say go the lude anyday ova integra.
Straight line? prelude would take it.. i have run afew dc2s so i would know.
Handling? Teg would take it for sure..
IMO... preludes also look alot better and have better luxury features such as sunroof, cruise control.
And u can never beat the torque that comes from the h22 hahaha

McChook
17-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Handling? Teg would take it for sure..

I'd be happy to debate that.... coz goddamn my car is handling better than ever....

Preludes are wider and longer than DC2s - sure, they weigh a lot more, but they make up for it with stability...

vtek
17-02-2005, 10:38 PM
if u can pick up a vtir lude i rather go with that, i was in the same situation as you choosing vtir integra or lude but i went for the looks and all the creature comforts..

cookie
17-02-2005, 11:35 PM
if u want your car for speed look at a nissan... otherwise lude>teg in my opinion

Flash_Gordon
18-02-2005, 10:24 AM
well thnx for the replies ppl, i think what will happen is when i go to buy the car i will look at both and see wat i like better after a test drive :D

G33K
18-02-2005, 03:01 PM
well thnx for the replies ppl, i think what will happen is when i go to buy the car i will look at both and see wat i like better after a test drive :D

Good thinking! lol

xplod_accord
21-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Definetly get a prelude instead of an integra. You get better peromance, more acessories and better looks for around the same price.

Flash_Gordon
21-02-2005, 12:08 PM
really, thnx for teh tip. i wonder if squall would have teg or lude :S

naturalz
03-03-2005, 10:49 AM
hey ive been reading this thread with interest

i've found a 98' vtir lude for bout 21 g with leather seats and im about to pull the trigger but i just wanna know from the guys here. Whats the running costs of the lude of course i know the parts are gonna be a bit more $$$ n all and im definetely prepared for that but how bout overall looking after your babies how much does it cost for you guys

sorry for the hijack :)

industrie
03-03-2005, 02:31 PM
its the same as any other honda..you have minor services to major services..maintenance is high depending on how you drive..just buy 1 and you wont regret it

bigteethygrin
04-03-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm a little unsure on the comparison.. are we talking:

5th gen lude vtir vs DC5R???
or
5th gen lude vtir vs DC2R?
or
5th gen lude vtir vs DC2 vtir

etc...

or even 4th gen lude vtir

i mean the comparison results can vary very differently here

industrie
04-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Type R = pure performance, recaro's light, built for track - 147kw (estimate
Teg VTIR = performance with some luxuries - 128kw (estimate)
Prelude VTIR = performance and luxury -147kw (estimate)

each car was designed for different segments of the market...the prelude is a cruiser car with style, but still has the power..i mean theres alot about all the cars..it just comes down to general choice and what you want in the end..watever you choose you will be happy with..

ludemobile
18-03-2005, 12:51 PM
So based on your estimate a 5th gen VTiR has the same power as the Type R teg? Cool, but the only thing that makes the difference if you put the 2 cars together is the weight difference right?

itr025
18-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Weight and torque are the main differences in my experience. Prelude is a much better daily driver because of the torque and suspension (even though torque still feels a bit lacking without comparing to the R). It does weigh about 200kg more than the R, but it also has 30+ Nm more peak torque (arriving lower) and I'm sure the torque curve at low revs is noticeably healthier.

Type R though is lighter, stiffer, and geared much lower. Also I notice power in VTEC is much stronger. It does a pretty decent job at low revs, but still makes the prelude seem quite torquey in comparison. In a spirited drive however, the VTEC scream always gives me goosebumps. and the handling is much better than a standard prelude (lude handling is still fantastic).

If you can stand the stiffer ride, I reckon a prelude with coilovers is a great compromise. Handling, torque and VTEC power :)

spite
30-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Having owned both I would say it comes down to exactly what do you want out of the car?

If you intend to participate in track days and drag racing, the Integra is above all more durable and has a list of mods from here to high heaven giving you endless stuff to waste your money on and get power gains. Having said that you need to wring its neck to get some real speed, but dammit it makes the blood rush.

If you want a car that is an absolute pleasure to drive, has 'enough go' and all the mod cons get the Prelude. They are an 'easy' drive, nice low down torque, low cabin noise, smoooooooth ride.

Really, it comes down to what you want the car for. A good driver in a Prelude will hammer a average driver in a Integra..... the Prelude's are still very capable cars.

Also worth thinking about is the fact that a Prelude is a smaller interior and as a result if your REALLY tall you might have some cramping issues, especially if you want to put a helmet on. The DC2R's are much better than the Lude's and the DC5R is like a limo :cool:.

Personally, when im hooning and out at the track I would take the integra any day of the week, they just seem so made for it, they never give up. The Prelude on a track feels like its lugging a whole load of extra stuff around.

For long haul journeys, every time I rearranged myself in a Integra's recaro I found myself longing for my Prelude again. They are just so good on the open road. Sitting at 200km/h in a Prelude is a pleasure, in an ITR you either feel like your ears are being abused or your Michael Shumacher. You will feel alot more tired after a long drive in an ITR.

Forget about the 5kw's difference you 'could' get with mods in a DC2R/DC5R over a Prelude, its negligable. If you want to drive fast, spend a lot of time doing driver training. It makes no difference at that point! I know someone who I could hand the keys over to a 3rd gen lude, race him in my DC5R on a track and I still reckon he would beat me.

In the end for me, the ITR is a toy/hobby the Prelude is a luxurious car. For you, whatever floats YOUR boat.

Flash_Gordon
31-03-2005, 12:11 AM
lol well definatley intera, i kinda re-decided a while ago, and especially seeing as im like 6 foot 3 :D

Q_ball
31-03-2005, 01:22 AM
u wont regret gettin a teg...awesum cars to hav 'fun' in =)

kousoku
31-03-2005, 05:43 PM
yea, tegs are a bit more civic like in the fact that there are so many things u can do to both exterior and the engine.

if you bought a prelude you wouldn;t wanna be changing to much. =D

GO GET A DC2 VTIR =D

JDM.Power
31-03-2005, 06:11 PM
they are boths great cars..but il choose the integra over the lude.!! 1.8ltr vs the h22a?? there is not much a big difference..when they are compared on the track!

ROLLED
05-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Type R = pure performance, recaro's light, built for track - 147kw (estimate
Teg VTIR = performance with some luxuries - 128kw (estimate)
Prelude VTIR = performance and luxury -147kw (estimate)

each car was designed for different segments of the market...the prelude is a cruiser car with style, but still has the power..i mean theres alot about all the cars..it just comes down to general choice and what you want in the end..watever you choose you will be happy with..

once again i dont see how you compare preludes to integras? if you want a fast car get a teg, if you want a cruiser get a prelude...the prelude weighs over 1300 kerb whilst the teg is like 1000 kerb...same power, 300kg weight difference. work it out for yourself...

ok so the prelude has more torque, good luck finding a manual one???? its not gonna happen, automatic transmission is going to restrict the torque anyways...save yourself the pain and the time and just get a teg...

DKS51R
10-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Cruisers are the nicest!

Manual ones... erm... there's lots.. i.e. mine

once again i dont see how you compare preludes to integras? if you want a fast car get a teg, if you want a cruiser get a prelude...the prelude weighs over 1300 kerb whilst the teg is like 1000 kerb...same power, 300kg weight difference. work it out for yourself...

ok so the prelude has more torque, good luck finding a manual one???? its not gonna happen, automatic transmission is going to restrict the torque anyways...save yourself the pain and the time and just get a teg...

DarkHimura
15-10-2005, 04:56 PM
my first car was a lude to a rid it off but yeh it is a good car to start with and with a couple of smart mods would go nicely this being for the vti-r off course no idea bout the si

Olskool Integra Boy
15-10-2005, 05:11 PM
tegi is much lighter. . .

91'lude
15-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Why would u get a integra? Big deal if its slightly faster... you may aswell get a 180sx, they have about the same quality of interior... A Integra is based of a civic... which is in no way a sports car imo.

jes87s
16-10-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm in love with my lude! My boyfriend is a nissan guy and he sat in the lude for 2 minutes and was IN LOVE WITH IT too... :) Honda power.

racinghonda
16-10-2005, 11:02 AM
I think you'll find that the lude is easier to live with, you don't have to wring its neck to get anywhere. Its got gobs of torque, and it punches hard from 2500rpm. If you get a VTiR 5th gen there is cruise control (essential in my book), climate control, better NVH than you'll ever get in a Teg. You won't be dissapointed by the handling, its probably one of the best FF chassis you'll ever drive.