PDA

View Full Version : car service...

MrPlow
16-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Hey guy, just woundering where you all take your cars in for service? Im in the gladesville/ryde area so i was thinking of taking it to BD4s, i think they do service for $190 everything included!

what are your suggestions?

I have a ek vti-r...

luzinit
16-12-2003, 11:56 AM
is that minor or major??
i service at hanny's @ smithfield, for a minor service around 100-150 depends on wot u get changed, oil, oil flter, air filter, spark plugs or wotever..

majors around 300!

hope that helps, i have an ek vtir as well!! come on the meets dude!!

MrPlow
16-12-2003, 12:03 PM
smithfiled is a bit of a drive for me...

well its a 90,000km service...

yeh next meets i be there with agent r and his dc5...

fueltank
16-12-2003, 12:07 PM
why not DIY?
or you're after a log book stamp?

MrPlow
16-12-2003, 01:07 PM
serious? haha
yeh i wanna keep a good service history as did the previous owner!

Setanta
16-12-2003, 05:32 PM
LOL - if I had a $ for everytime this question popped up on OH... I'd own Hanny's (except Robbie wouldn't sell it to me :?)

luzinit
16-12-2003, 08:58 PM
ahhh so MrPlow ur the dude wiht vtir.. my mate goes to college with u, he has a white gli with nice rims and a drop!

fried
16-12-2003, 09:06 PM
HA remember blue vti ek sedan , my mate, he goes to college with him as well mang! lol

i live hornsby area... i go hannys all the time... drive is long, but its worth it....

Teggy-Vtir
17-12-2003, 04:45 PM
ill b droppin by hanny's next week for a minor service =)

mo
17-12-2003, 07:08 PM
hanny's isn't too far fro me...how far is it from you eric? :P

dc2r
18-12-2003, 07:58 AM
You live in Gladesville and you think Smithfield is too far for you? I drive from Campbelltown all the way to Smithfield just to get my car serviced at Hanny's.

A'PEXi
18-12-2003, 11:42 PM
the local mechanic :P

JohnnyBoy
23-12-2003, 10:15 AM
man.. smithfield isn't exactly close either from Gladesville. I'm in pyrmont, and i can't be stuffed going to smithfield once every 3 months..
And what's there to do in smithfield while you're waiting for your car to be serviced.. at least you can go to birkenhead if you took it to gladesville.

never thought of taking my car to BD4. Think i'll give them a go next time.. much closer..

mo
23-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Stop complaining how far Smithfield is from wherever you guys live. You guys asked for suggestions therefore they were thrown to you! Now if you can't take it living that far from Smithfield then stop complaining and goto your local mechanic in your own area.

ginganggooly
23-12-2003, 11:12 AM
don't start me on bd4's. they're a bunch of goons. i'll never trust them with a car of mine again.

JohnnyBoy
23-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Stop complaining how far Smithfield is from wherever you guys live. You guys asked for suggestions therefore they were thrown to you! Now if you can't take it living that far from Smithfield then stop complaining and goto your local mechanic in your own area.

Dude... you seem to get quite upset, quite regularly lately.. been noticing your posts of late.. Are you alright??

Is everything at home ok??? is it your pillows?

hey everyone. how about we all chip in and get mo new pillows for xmas.. :P

Soz mate.. like you said, we're just throwing in our suggestions.

mo
23-12-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm not upset it's just that we give suggestions and you guys all complain about how far you live from Smithfield? It's like this, you either take the suggestion or you leave it...you don't need to complain about how far you live etc.

A'PEXi
23-12-2003, 11:49 AM
come on guys smithfield isnt that far, if i can get there, then you can ;)

Setanta
23-12-2003, 11:06 PM
WTF? Mo doesn't sound upset at all :P I think Johhnyboy has spent too much time with his therapist :P:P:P

Hanny's is never too far, I've gone there from Richmond, Ryde etc.

Bunch of pansies :P

joneblaze
24-12-2003, 12:16 AM
....one day i saw Pete walking to Hanny's....... ;)

JohnnyBoy
24-12-2003, 10:34 AM
hey all..

like mo said, he's just throwing in his suggestions. and his was to go to hanny's.

From reading MRPlow's post(s), he and i reckon it's a fair hike.

and i guess there's a couple of us (seemingly very few) prefer convenience over a trek out to smithfield. 40 mins to an hour, then having to wait half a day for the car to be done, isn't my definition of being convenient. Having said that, that's our opinion.

it's not like we're dissing Hanny's. it's just based on our locations and our definition of the word 'CONVENIENT', it's not a preference of ours. Again, OUR OPINION!!!!

So dude, it you can be stuffed, go to hanny's. If you can't go to BD4's, or just a local mecca.

ginganggooly
24-12-2003, 10:45 AM
in the end it comes down to how you value peace of mind. this is why i treck out to smithfield once every two months or so from maroubra. which isn't really that bad since i'm always heading out to cabra, parramatta etc. (i'm a westy at heart :P )

Spunkymonkey
24-12-2003, 12:56 PM
These are all still in sydney Metro area....lol

I guess I'm lucky...if its a major service I take it to my cousins place ;)

if its minor stuff like spark plugs, etc...if I have time I'll do it myself.

Oh and my cousins buy a lot of parts of Robbie as well. He is the honda guru :D

luzinit
24-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Hey JohnnyBoy, with robert, u wait while ur car gets serviced, minor services shouldnt take more than 1hr... major is jus coupla hours, u wait while he does it adn drive off!

eknine
24-12-2003, 09:16 PM
well IMO too, not one I know has done a better job than robert....and even it means waiting like half the day...well so stuff it, if you can't hear the IMO of most:)...my 2cent in summary:)

end or rant :arrow: period

mo
24-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Maybe you should bring some magazines to your next service :P or even better watch him do the service so you can learn a thing or two :D

Setanta
25-12-2003, 12:17 AM
ng to wait half a day for the car to be done, isn't my definition of being convenient. Having said that, that's our opinion.

LOL - you have NFI - I rocked up with no booking and Peter serviced my car in 40 minutes.

It's actually better than most garages.

Still, pearls before swine I guess :)

MrPlow
25-12-2003, 10:06 AM
sorry to cause so much tension guys,

whats wrong with BD4s, cause it looks like thats where i be headed!

JohnnyBoy
25-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Soz ppls.. my bad..

are they that quick??

if i had know that, then it's a different story..

i was under the assumption that all places car cars lined up and that I'd be waiting at least 0.5 of the day.

if they're that good / quick, then i'll go to there..

PS: you guys seem very touchy when it comes to the topic of hanny's.. just an observation.. :roll:

mo
25-12-2003, 09:15 PM
Hehe well I'm not really touchy it's just that when they complain about distance...

Anyways I reckon you should give it a shot...I mean there's nothing to lose right? It's either quick and you take it away or you have to queue up but I mean at leas you get to experience what it's like and give some feedback yea? :)

MrPlow
27-12-2003, 02:45 PM
anyway to put this all to an end ...

im taking my car to sev's performance as he is a good mate of mine and totally forgot he owned a performance workshop!

$90 + parts he charges

THE END!

KnfUzn
30-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Hanny's Performance.... the guys a genius