PDA

View Full Version : Sliding Off Driver Chair

Troy
30-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi guys,

My driver chair is badly worn (bought car like that) so when I sit in it, I feel like I am sliding toward the driver door. Seeing as I do a fair bit of driving daily for work, and my back gets quite sore, I want to fix it.

A local auto interior shop has quoted approx $240-280 to pull it out and redo all the support so it will be like "better than new".

Does anyone have experience with this, is it worth it? Anyone recommend an auto interior shop on the Gold Coast perchance?

Also does anyone know if there is an upgraded seat I could put into my car legally, considering it would need rails too. Accord CD5.

Cheers

slingsy
30-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Thought about Recline-able Recaros from tegs?

Troy
01-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Rails to suit my car?

eg5civic
01-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Can be bought quite easily, I'm sure recaro would make accord rails

Glocker
01-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Meh just get another stock seat from the wreckers.

Troy
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Have thought about that but would have to find one that I can test. Considering I have had a few back issues in the past, if I'm going to be paying for anything I want to make sure it gets done good.

Anyone know what the go is for rails. If I cannot find proper genuine rails to suit my car (Accord CD5) then are the general fitting ones that I can use to fit a seat on - must be legal for road use? Or are these illegal? Or does it just have to be "engineered"?

slingsy
07-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Usually bucket seats have to be ADR approved but I'm unsure about the R Recaros I guess they should be 'legal' to fit in any other car since there is no manufacturer seat date specifications for when it is made and how long you can use it for. So these seats would fall under normal seats. As for the rails you need to use high tensile bolts to mount them and probably even a mod plate for it to be 100% legal