PDA

View Full Version : DC5 comptech or toda?

typ35
30-09-2011, 06:24 PM
As the title suggests, i was just wondering if comptech headers from jdm yard are worth the money compared to toda. has anyone had experience with both? and if anyone has a dynosheet with proven gains from the comptech headers, could you please put it up? thanks:angel:

fatboyz39
30-09-2011, 08:08 PM
If that was your 2 choice go for the TODA header. There are other headers on the market half the cost of toda's that will show nice gains :)

crobaa
01-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Unless you find a person with a dyno run with both sets of headers on the same car with no other mods at all dyno sheets are irrelevant

typ35
02-10-2011, 05:32 PM
If that was your 2 choice go for the TODA header. There are other headers on the market half the cost of toda's that will show nice gains :)

what other headers are available for half the price of toda? btw this is for a DC5s

WATAJK
02-10-2011, 07:29 PM
what about the T1R header? Any info about this header?

WATAJK
03-10-2011, 08:58 PM
bump!!

typ35
08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
what about the T1R header? Any info about this header?

i'd actually like to know about this header as well!

WATAJK
09-10-2011, 11:46 AM
can any1 shead info on the T1R header?

Nuci
11-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Highly highly reccommend buddyclub headers. Got em on my DC5R and i can say that any clown who pays more than double the price for a toda item has more money than brains. The buddyclub item will make almost as much power as the toda item, any minor difference on a dyno wouldnt be noticeable on the road. Had mine for about 6 months, no issues whatsoever. Just be warned that running a header with no cat presents a number of issues. Either get a cat fitted or buy a fully programmable ecu (kpro, haltech, etc etc). Not saying that the toda item is bad, but its just not worth the money. Gotta remember that we are dealing with a 2L NA 4cyl engine here, which comes very well designed and tuned straight out of the box. Very hard to extract big power from exhaust mods.

WATAJK
12-10-2011, 07:33 PM
From what i understand, the buddyclub header has shit clearance?
Correct me if im wrong but i don't think i am.
I know what the TODA header is, seen people who run, it's good value for money. What you pay is worth the product in my eyes.

T1R header is something im curious about!

Nuci
13-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Ill agree that clearance isnt perfect, but my car is lowered and I dont have any issues. The only time you would have dramas with it is if your car was stupidly low (like 80mm off the ground). And ill also agree that TODA is one of the best headers for the DC5R. But ive had good experiences with by buddyclub header and cant justify paying twice the price for a TODA one. Plus you can keep the stock swaybar which is more money in your pocket, whereas with toda you cant. If you call toda ($2500 bucks) value for money, you can almost buy a buddyclub header AND a kpro for that much. I did :)

typ35
16-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Ill agree that clearance isnt perfect, but my car is lowered and I dont have any issues. The only time you would have dramas with it is if your car was stupidly low (like 80mm off the ground). And ill also agree that TODA is one of the best headers for the DC5R. But ive had good experiences with by buddyclub header and cant justify paying twice the price for a TODA one. Plus you can keep the stock swaybar which is more money in your pocket, whereas with toda you cant. If you call toda ($2500 bucks) value for money, you can almost buy a buddyclub header AND a kpro for that much. I did :)

with the Bc header, does it go underneath the swaybar, and is it possible to fit a cat with a jdm exhaust? or does a custom catback and a cat have to be fitted?

Nuci
16-10-2011, 08:22 PM
with the Bc header, does it go underneath the swaybar, and is it possible to fit a cat with a jdm exhaust? or does a custom catback and a cat have to be fitted?

Umm I think it goes over the swaybar from memory, might wanna check up on that though. It sits in roughly the sane position as the stock headers. And yes definately possible to fit a cat with the bc header and a jdm catback, however it'll take some slight modification most likely, it won't all just bolt straight up. Any exhaust shop can do the work. The bc header is designed as a race header. Therefore it has no cat. So if you want a cat put in, you will have to get an exhaust shop to cut off the end of the header and weld a cat on