PDA

View Full Version : DC2R and DC2 Vti-R clutch interchangeable?

NSPYRE
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Just a quick question, and I'm fairly certain of the answer but just wanted to double check. Would the clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, pilot bearing, and alignment tool for a DC2 Type-R be compatible with a DC2 Vti-R?

Cheers

bennjamin
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Same thing

NSPYRE
05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Thought so...

On another note, I'm currently in the progress of trying to diagnose what is wrong with my gearbox. I was running at Wakefield on Monday and the first session was fine. On the second session on the final couple of laps, the car suddenly became very difficult to get into gear and it would crunch occasionally to get in. Pulled into the pits and checked the master and slave cylinder, both of which were fine. I think I may have popped or damaged a clutch spring or perhaps damaged the throw out bearing.

Below is a list of my observations:

1. When the car is off, the gears go in fine. At idle, the gears are also fine. The higher the revs are, the more difficult it becomes to get in.

2. There is NO unusual noise when the engine is on and the clutch pedal is fully depressed or not.

3. No leaks from the hydraulic system (at least none that I can see).

Any other ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Bludger
05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
worn synchro's

NSPYRE
05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Considered that too. But I ruled it out as I thought worn synchro's would generally be a symptom that would gradually get worse over time, and not something that would happen instantaneously.

Bludger
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
they can be destroyed......in one go.

nerrrus
06-10-2011, 09:58 AM
your clutch is gone, not engageing properly, probly snapped a small peice of your pressue plate.

Super-DA9
06-10-2011, 12:22 PM
if you need a hand changing your clutch let me know, just did mine along with the flywheel during my gearbox swap. :)